Trump - Harris debate

Trump says Taylor Swift will 'probably pay a price' over her endorsement of Harris​

Trump said he wasn’t a fan of pop superstar Taylor Swift when asked about her endorsement of Harris last night after the debate concluded.
The former president said he actually likes Brittany Mahomes, the wife of Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes and friend of Swift, “much better.” Trump thanked her last week after she appeared to express support for him online.
“She’s a big Trump fan,” he said of Mahomes last night. “I was not a Taylor Swift fan.”
Trump slammed President Joe Biden as someone Swift “couldn’t possibly endorse” and described her as a “very liberal person.”
“She seems to always endorse a Democrat, and she’ll probably pay a price for it in the marketplace,” he said. “But no, I liked Brittany. I think Brittany’s great. Brittany got a lot of news last week. She’s a big she’s a big MAGA fan. That’s the one I like much better than Taylor Swift.”
In a post on Instagram last night after the debate concluded, Swift praised Harris and said she will vote for the Harris-Walz ticket in November.
“I’m voting for @kamalaharris because she fights for the rights and causes I believe need a warrior to champion them. I think she is a steady-handed, gifted leader and I believe we can accomplish so much more in this country if we are led by calm and not chaos,” Swift wrote in the post.

Trump let the 3 on 1 debate get to him a bit.

Yeah, Kamala was smoother but had no substance.

Trump had much more substance but wasn't as smooth.

I don't think Kamala would have done much of anything if she had a moderator factcheck her statements. She would have imploded.

Chances are she was smoother because she got the questions before the debate. After watching the unethical way the moderators handled this debate I'm certain of it.

Trump had a bad night but this debate did not move the needle. Harris needed to explain why her administration would be better than the last 3.5 years. She completely failed to do that. The first question was "are people better off now than 4 years ago" and her answer was "I came from a middle class family".

In the RCP average she is underperforming Hillary by 2 points even more in the battleground states. She is in trouble.

The true loser in this debate is ABC. I simply cannot understand why Republicans keep playing the Charlie Brown to the MSM's Lucy every single Presidential election cycle.

I also thought the alternating composed / surprised looks from Harris was really weird especially when she put her hand on her chin. I mean who does that in real life other than a crazy girlfriend. She needed to make up ground with men. That was a really bad strategy to do that.

Yes, I think between memorizing lines and having a s'mores break, Kamala had a few acting classes, too.
All of her facial expressions, but especially her smug little smile when Trump was rattling off about crowd size at his rallies, or something other vital to the Presidency, made me want to slap that grin right off her face.

And I am not a violent person.
It was amazing to me how she (and the moderators) were able to frame questions and answers as if Trump had been in the White House the last 3.5 years, not KH.
She was the one who needed to defend her years in the office, where she still serves, not Trump.
Instead, we got questions about the insurrection , Russian interference, and whether Trump thought he really lost that election.
For someone who "doesn't want to go back, and needs to turn the page" a lot of the debate was from the past.

I did hear that KH's campaign manager tweeted out a statement 20 minutes after the debate was over that said, "That was fun. Let's do it again."
So, a tiny thread of hope that Trump can redeem himself at a debate at FOX.
But if I were KH, I would just say, "mic drop" and not have another one.

All I know is that the election will come down to the undecideds. If I were a person who didn't follow all of this political stuff, based on last night I would most likely vote for Harris because Trump, to me, sounded like a crazy old man.
I had no idea it would be that bad.

1726141622025.png

Yeah, curiously the print media cite official crime stats of an unexpected and serious decline in US violent crime even during a time when the US , Trump alledges, is absorbing "millions and millions" of violent foreign criminals. Excuse me for suspecting Trump is just making stuff up.
Crime stats are one of the most easily manipulated things. Agencies that don't prosecute have lower conviction rates. Some agencies recode on directions from above. Some agencies dont even report their numbers in time to be included...and if a revision IS released, it gets no coverage.

Remember that we have agencies in Texas that have even lost TCIC/NCIC access for failures to follow simple audit policies...Travis County rarely even reported in the 90's. They've gotten a little better, but they abandoned prosecution of so many crimes under the current idiot.

I don’t know how I could be more disappointed. Can Trump do anything but ramble? He didn’t answer the questions asked and then got off onto illegal immigration on every question. He didn’t answer anything with facts and data. He didn’t correct the moderator when the moderator said an after birth abortion is not legal in any state. Trump never said that, he said it’s been proposed and some people want to do it, that’s all. He can’t even point out he isn’t against abortion for the reasons Harris used in her example. And that wasn’t all. But the worst part was getting off topic on every question and getting into something ridiculous like people eating dogs. Every question he turned into something bad illegal aliens are doing. He did not come across as professional and the leader of this country.

Meanwhile, Harris was polished, articulate and on point. She answered the questions and was professional even though she has no intention of doing the things she says she will do. In fact, has the intention of doing just the opposite in many cases. But it doesn’t matter because of her presentation. She sounded believable and stayed on topic.

Harris may just win this thing now, and all because the Republicans insisted on Trump. Any other Rep would have a significant lead over Ms. Communism. Ramaswamy would have ripped her a new a******. Trump came across as an angry old man with no solutions other than criticizing the opponent. It may feed his base, but did nothing but turn off the undecideds. As stupid as it sounds, the Taylor Swift endorsement will sway more independents than Trump did last night.

And the ironic thing is there’s so many things he could done to help the uninformed voter, just like Worster pointed out above, but he didn’t do it. And he can’t even smile. Finally, no one gives a damn about how big rallies are.
On point? FFS, she couldn't even ANSWER a question. She went with feelings and ZERO policy.

She was more polished and outperformed expectations in that regard. But voters learned nothing about substance...

Interesting. The company that makes those earrings gave a statement saying they don't know if KH was wearing their earrings but they are working on a device that a male candidate could wear. Also said the company is fighting China to prevent theft of their technology.
Brilliant PR.

On point? FFS, she couldn't even ANSWER a question. She went with feelings and ZERO policy.

She was more polished and outperformed expectations in that regard. But voters learned nothing about substance...

Crime stats are one of the most easily manipulated things. Agencies that don't prosecute have lower conviction rates. Some agencies recode on directions from above. Some agencies dont even report their numbers in time to be included...and if a revision IS released, it gets no coverage.

Remember that we have agencies in Texas that have even lost TCIC/NCIC access for failures to follow simple audit policies...Travis County rarely even reported in the 90's. They've gotten a little better, but they abandoned prosecution of so many crimes under the current idiot.

I know most businesses don't even report shop lifting anymore (mostly by illegal immigrants) because the police don't follow up. Harris County even suspended several thousand rape investigations.

4,000 rape investigations suspended in Houston, according to HPD Chief Troy Finner | FOX 26 Houston

A friend made an excellent point. Kammie never actually answered a question. She gave 90 well rehearsed sound bites. Even after she was asked a second time she launched into a sound bite,

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back