Trump - Harris debate

Beware of the Serpent!
1726161881089.png

To mb's point about manipulating crime statistics this from NY Post
Fact check: Despite Muir's efforts to show up Trump, the former president's response — that the FBI figures are not to be trusted — was absolutely correct. The Marshall Project, which focuses on law enforcement reporting, found that 6,000 law enforcement agencies were missing from the FBI's 2023 analysis. “This means a quarter of the U.S. population wasn't represented in the federal crime data last year,” it said. Moreover, whatever small reductions have happened in cities such as Chicago is barely a dent in how much crime skyrocketed in past three years.

Trump just needs to have cameras in Springfield, OH for a couple of weeks and blast anything unseemly out to the world. These Haitians murdered a boy, even though the parents wish it was a white person so people won't hate the poor widdle Haitians.

Then after the election if Trump gets in he needs to quietly send in troops to remove all of the Haitians and dump them in Mexico. If that works out okay. Do it to everyone here illegally starting with known felons.

I watched the debate and largely agree with the consensus. The moderators were laughably partisan and to a degree I've never seen. Much more than anything Candy Crowley did.

Harris got ridiculously soft treatment and was able to avoid anything catastrophic. She didn't explain herself well but was never required to by anybody. By her poor standards, she did well. No word salads, and she did everything in her power to piss off and provoke Trump. She was clearly well-prepared.

Trump was a mess. He fell into every trap Harris laid. He got angry at every comment. He rambled and got off topic, even topics that were good for him like immigration. He said stupid things that made it very easy for Harris to avoid criticism or really any bad moments. He just gave her a bunch of diversions to let avoid her liabilities.

Will it make a difference? Probably not, and the polls don't seem to suggest so. I'm not saying he can't lose, but Harris's liabilities aren't going to go away because of a debate in which she didn't take any damage. What's sad is that I think that an ace performance from Trump (even with the crappy moderators) could have put her away. It's a blown opportunity, but it's not going to sink him either.

A friend made an excellent point. Kammie never actually answered a question. She gave 90 well rehearsed sound bites. Even after she was asked a second time she launched into a sound bite,

Why answer a question if no one is making you do it?

He’s not a professional politician.
This is true, and yet, it shouldn't absolve him of the responsibility of developing the skills he needs to excel in the political field.

Think of it this way: Trump the CEO would fire the **** out of any executive under him who failed to develop the skills needed to successfully complete an assigned project, yet in 8 years on the political stage, he hasn't shown any progress towards becoming a more polished public speaker/debater.

This is true, and yet, it shouldn't absolve him of the responsibility of developing the skills he needs to excel in the political field.

Think of it this way: Trump the CEO would fire the **** out of any executive under him who failed to develop the skills needed to successfully complete an assigned project, yet in 8 years on the political stage, he hasn't shown any progress towards becoming a more polished public speaker/debater.
True but I think he was taken by surprise by the 3:1 advantage by Harris.

Trump just has no freaking clue how to stay on point without succumbing to diarrhea of the mouth. It's his biggest political weakness.

Hold on to your seats....I just had a hard core liberal co-worker tell me if Trump could just keep his mouth shut he'd probably be a pretty good president. I almost fell out of my seat. If she is thinking this way I feel pretty good about his re-election.

This was interesting. Live survey responses were taken by pollster Lee Carter during the debate. Here, on Harris Faulkner's show , they show the real time reactions of republican, democrat and independent voters. If this is a true reflection then T is doing well with independents.

I just saw a flash stating Trump is not doing anymore debates. That's probably a good thing.

I'm looking forward to the VP debate. Vance is a better debater to begin with and he's very good at quoting the details of things like why certain crime statistics aren't accurate. He also stays on point and doesn't ramble. Walz won't rattle him.

After the Trump/Harris debate he did an excellent job of addressing the "will Trump veto a no abortions bill" question and did a much better job than Trump.

Perhaps Trump has lost a step or two, and just isn't as sharp a knife as he was the last go round.

He's still an intellectual giant compared to giggles and Walz, but maybe he's not quite at his prime anymore.

Perhaps Trump has lost a step or two, and just isn't as sharp a knife as he was the last go round.

He's still an intellectual giant compared to giggles and Walz, but maybe he's not quite at his prime anymore.

Father Time is on him. He was sharp in 2016 but in 2020 and 2024 he's lost a step.

Trump is clearly angry and bitter, and after what he's been and is being put through, I don't blame him one bit.
I do have a smidge of concern that his primary desire to be re-elected is to extract his pound of flesh from his persecutors. I very much hope this occurs, but also recognize he (and we as a country) will need him to regain focus on the things required to be a successful President and improve the state of the Union.
I'd like to hear him focus on and provide more specific details on how he'll address inflation, illegal immigration, improve the economy and explain his administration's stance on the wars in Ukraine and Israel.

Geez I don't know how anyone could not get angry and blow up after 8 years of relentless crap being thrown at you 24/7
4 of those years as Potus with our country in good shape
I think he was surprised at being railroaded by ABC
CNN who hates him just as much did not do that
Watch his press conferences
He is just as mentally sharp as ever
He is also as mean tweeting as ever.Is not nice to those who are nasty to him
He is not the one I 'd choose as a friend but he darn sure can run a country.

I think he was surprised at being railroaded by ABC
CNN who hates him just as much did not do that
CNN was in the sack with the Dems just as much as ABC, only at that time the goal was to get rid of Joe by any means necessary. So the easiest thing to do was to let Joe be Joe in a debate without any special help.

Undecideds. If folks haven’t decided by now, maybe yelling is the best course of action.

If it was well-stated points made loudly, that's fine, but scattered thoughts appeal to pretty much nobody. And come on, dude. Pivoting away from immigration to ****-talk about his rallies was comically foolish. No moderator made him do that. No voting group is attracted to that. That was just taking Kamala Harris's trap and diving head-first into it.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back