Random Season News

So … this afternoon I was at the intersection of Weslayan and Holcombe, on the way home, and pulled up at the stoplight behind a certain vehicle with a Texas license plate that was personalized with the U of Michigan theme … this was the same vehicle that had rudely cut in front of me in the previous block …. so of course I pulled up close and flashed a big toothy smile and held aloft the the hallowed “HOOK EM” hand sign, and held that pose for a good 55 seconds until the light changed … wherein the Meatchicken guy hung a left onto Holcombe, post haste … I was tempted to follow, just for the fun of it, but I was ready to get home and enjoy a well-deserved gin & tonic.

No apology needed. He's just another carpet baggin yankee. My Aggie doctors say he's the best since John Jones retired. John grew up in Houston and went to school at Tulane. As Jim Duke said about his back surgery, "only man alive I'd let touch my back".

LC :clap:
I understand he is running against lesser talent BUT he is learning to see holes and how to control how he moves against defensive bodies which will apply anywhere.

Someone please tell me how a deep snapper gets hurt. I guess on punt coverage, but damn, what was everybody else doing. I snapped on extra points. Back in the day when they knocked the s—- out of the snapper. Might could still do it, so long as I could walk out there and back. Bradley pulled a muscle in his back once dodging the punt returner. Some are built for contact others not so much. Of course, now he doesn’t have CTE.

Kansas??? Pppffttt…..kid plays against competition in B12 country. Probably couldn’t make the scout team in the SEC SEC SEC!!!
Where do you think the BigTen has "stored" their non-qualifiers for decades?

Does Coffeyville ring a bell? (Favorite of Ohio State - see also Rod Springs)
Garden City?
Dodge?
Another half dozen

Decades ago, their was a young man who was too small, too slow to play football. When he was 16, dad was killed in a beer joint, and his mother ran off. He was homeless. His HS HC got a family to take him in so he could graduate (not to mention start at LB on a team that lost the 3A State Championship his senior year 3-0) (That game is another story of coaching stupidity that haunted his HC to his deathbed) Not recruited, with no family, no money, his HS coach got a friend at to take him at Tyler JUCO, give him a place to live and food. After two years his HS coach stepped up again and called an old friend at a school in Tuscaloosa to give him a chance and scholarship. It was friend to friend because the runt was not big enough, fast enough, or strong enough to play at a place like Alabama. Under Bear Bryant's grooming, Leon Fuller became team captain, starting LB, and would later become the greatest defensive coach in football all time, not to mention University of Texas history. (See also 1979 OU game).

JUCO isn't for everybody, but it does serve a great purpose for some kids. Jude isn't "some kid", he's a special talent, and most coaches recognize the value of speed regardless of size - Herkie Walls, Tony Jones are just a couple.

Encouragement is all it takes and someone to give him a chance

Hook em

Recent Threads

Back