Random Season News

Don’t really blame the QB, but this is the ugly side of NIL.

He might not have gotten what was promised to him, but as a coach, I would never recruit him. Can't trust him...he quit on his team and only considered himself.

Play the season out and show future schools your value. Then transfer to somewhere else in the hopes they honor the agreement.

I agree with others it will get worse before it gets better.

I'd quit my job too if an employer blatantly lied about my salary. He'll find a better a place/job. Pros hold out all the time....they're no more special.

I wonder if the QB thinks he can get what he was promised at UNLV Or is he going into the portal and wants to have a year of eligibility?
Don't players with NIL agreements get some kind of contract or written agreement?

Why would Texas be rewarded the #1 seed and play 3 straight SEC opponents? This is stupid.
No way the committee will line up it that way.
It is likely to happen since five or six $ec teams are projected to be in the playoff. Making a huge assumption that Texas is the #1 seed it is most likely that Georgia, or Bama (possibly Ole Miss or Tenn.) is the fifth seed while at least one of the other $ec teams will be the 8 or 9 and possibly both 8-9 could be $ec. #1 playing 8-9 winner, Texas v. $ec, Fifth seed will destroy the Conference of unwanted teams representative and play winner of Texas v. 8-9 (obviously Texas). So Texas winds up playing Bama or Georgia in the Semifinals. The 6th or 7th seed likely $ec (Georgia or Bama, etc.) and they could beat Sons of Klem and tOsu. Texas has to play a third $ec team in that scenario. What would really suck is Texas beating Georgia twice (regular season and conference championship) and then having to beat them a third time to win it all.

He might not have gotten what was promised to him, but as a coach, I would never recruit him. Can't trust him...he quit on his team and only considered himself.

Play the season out and show future schools your value. Then transfer to somewhere else in the hopes they honor the agreement.

I agree with others it will get worse before it gets better.
He can't. If he plays this season out, he's out of eligibility. If he redshirts, he can go be a mercenary for one year somewhere else.

At least the Rams have enough class not to cheap shot him with a fist to the side of the head after the play was over and while he's standing on the sideline.

(See also "highlights" of Houston's excuse for an NFL team. Piece of **** should have been tossed from the game and fined at least $100,000. Where are Studdard and Dave Thomas when you need them?)

Recent Threads

Back