Random Season News

I admit I was one of those who was completely underwhelmed by the Sark hire. I’m so glad to have been wrong. I think the most exciting thing about our current situation is not necessarily that we’re number 1, but that we are building a program that looks ready to be a perennial top 5/10 team for the next few years. We won’t be a flash in the pan TCU story. We have high end talent all over the field and just as high talent on the sidelines champing at the bit to get their shot. Sark has done an amazing job so far.

If I'm not mistaken we're doing well enough that we played a fourth string quarterback on Saturday and still moved the ball. I would have really liked if the freshman defense would have allowed one more field goal for them. It would have made me one point off my prediction. But they couldn't move against our third plus string defense. The Sark hire seems to be working out.

What happened with Sydir Mitchell? Message board rumors have now made it to local radio that he got into a fight with someone on the sidelines Saturday night and was sent to the locker room. Anyone have more info?

What happened with Sydir Mitchell? Message board rumors have now made it to local radio that he got into a fight with someone on the sidelines Saturday night and was sent to the locker room. Anyone have more info?
He is likely not long for the longhorns.

Yeah, we’re definitely back 🤘🏽

Most of these stats by all teams at the top were accumulated against sub-par opponents, but UT has one highly ranked opponent (at the time) included in the stats. Plus, we have played 3rd and 4th team players more than one game. It's great to be a Longhorn! :bevo::hookem::bevo:

Last edited:

1727142674982.png

Sark is building a similar depth chart like Bama and Georgia have done, where playing time is earned through work, results, “the Process”, but the depth of highly talented players at each position is part of the equation. Deliver results and you move up the ladder, and vice versa. It’s a meritocracy. Sometimes it doesn’t work out for the individual, but it does for the team. Those that don’t fit can likely fit in and get the playing time elsewhere (or they wouldn’t be here in the first place), and hopefully they land somewhere they are happy, get what they need, and develop through the changes.

I’ve always been skeptical of how you could keep the ‘stars’ happy with a depth of talent, as we have in our receiving corps and qb room but never thought it would be a problem with the big boys. I (obviously erroneously) thought that in the trenches they would cherish getting a break throughout the game. Those guys, imo, have a heck of a struggle every play.

Nash, Sark and his coaching staff appear to be doing an exceptional job at keeping the stars happy. They play 7-8 receivers and the ball has been distributed all around. The running backs out of necessity get rotated and while Blue will get the majority of carries when healthy, Gibson and Wisner(get well soon) get plenty of opportunities. The O-line is the only unit that does not sub as much which is to be expected. Qb stands alone as a position. On defense, the two deep on the d-line rotate constantly to stay fresh and situationally. For example, against Michigan on 1st and 2nd down you would see 3 tackles in the game. On passing downs, Sorrell would move inside on some sets (saw this against ULM as well) with Burke and Simmons on the edge for a stronger pass rush. The linebackers rotate a little less, but the two deep play plenty of snaps. Hard to tell on the defensive backfield on tv because the camera focuses on the line, but I am pretty sure there is plenty of rotation there as well as nickel packages.

Sark is fond of the word "culture". What is wrong with Florida and FSU? "CULTURE" or lack thereof. Sark understands that, not many other coaches do. I invite anyone that has nothing to do to read some of my posts when Charlie Strong came to Austin. Charlie NEVER worked anywhere with "culture" and couldn't understand the necessity for it in a program.

I don't know this kid, but he is from New Jersey. No speculation, but perhaps he doesn't fit the Sark "culture" or perhaps he is having a problem adjusting going from NJ "greatness" to team player.

I am sure Sark will provide him the tools and opportunity to adjust or help him find a more suitable home if that's what the kid wants. I am also sure that Sark will not allow one bad apple to spoil the bunch. (Again, I don't know the kid and am not saying he is a "bad apple".

I don't know this kid, but he is from New Jersey. No speculation, but perhaps he doesn't fit the Sark "culture" or perhaps he is having a problem adjusting going from NJ "greatness" to team player.
My first thought is he may be having trouble adjusting to the State of Texas' culture, and that's magnified by frustrations with playing time, etc.

If Sark can beat Kiffin, Kirby, and Bama in succession, he will be anointed with Vince Lombardi & Tom Landry, Speedway or 24th will be named after him, as well as that portion of campus from Speedway to I-35, from 19th to 26th.

That would have to be considered one of the greatest, if not the greatest feat in all coaching.

If Sark can beat Kiffin, Kirby, and Bama in succession, he will be anointed with Vince Lombardi & Tom Landry, Speedway or 24th will be named after him, as well as that portion of campus from Speedway to I-35, from 19th to 26th.

That would have to be considered one of the greatest, if not the greatest feat in all coaching.
No way the committee will line up it that way.

Recent Threads

Back