Random Season News

OK then with that criticism of Patterson And that Kirk brings his older doggy with him every where he goes I will forgive him ONE time if he gets piZZy about Texas on GameDay

OK then with that criticism of Patterson And that Kirk brings his older doggy with him every where he goes I will forgive him ONE time if he gets piZZy about Texas on GameDay
Agreed.
He won several points from me when I saw them standing over that oldy-goldy while calling a game. Good for him.

LC, your chart chopped off on the edges... can you re-post the whole thingy!?
Here you go…
IMG_3152.jpeg

Graham Harrell has been fired as OC at Purdue. Guess his sterling personality couldn't overcome his play calling.
His Granddad was my HS varsity HC & his uncle started @ Center next to me (Right Guard). His uncle & I were in the same graduation class. Our families went to church together for years so I also kinda knew his Grandma, Dad & Auntie as well. Some personality traits are planted, fertilized & nourished within the family & I'm here to testify that Graham inherited the family "sterling personality."

Can someone explain how Notre Dame is viewed in the CFP? I believe the 4 conference champs get the automatic seeds 1-4. What happens if ND (or any independent) is undefeated or clearly one of the best 4 teams? Do they get seeded #5? That doesn’t seem fair. Just curious.
I'm fairly certain ND can't get a first round bye (since they can't be a conference champion).

Can someone explain how Notre Dame is viewed in the CFP? I believe the 4 conference champs get the automatic seeds 1-4. What happens if ND (or any independent) is undefeated or clearly one of the best 4 teams? Do they get seeded #5? That doesn’t seem fair. Just curious.
That’s correct. In theory a 3 loss power 4 champion would still be ranked ahead of any non power 4 including Notre Dame (even if they had beaten NIU and gone undefeated.

The meeting in Nashville (???) today and tomorrow could greatly change the future of college athletics, particularly football. Unfortunately, it will probably turn into outsiders (those not included) screaming "monopoly" and "my lawyer can beat up your lawyer", but best-case scenario it will be the beginning of the end for the NCAA. We can only hope it's the latter.

Bad news is they elect Chris to run the new organization.

The meeting in Nashville (???) today and tomorrow could greatly change the future of college athletics, particularly football. Unfortunately, it will probably turn into outsiders (those not included) screaming "monopoly" and "my lawyer can beat up your lawyer", but best-case scenario it will be the beginning of the end for the NCAA. We can only hope it's the latter.

Bad news is they elect Chris to run the new organization.
Yeah the NCAA needs to go ahead and be put to sleep. They serve practically no purpose, not to mention they are toothless 🦷

That’s correct. In theory a 3 loss power 4 champion would still be ranked ahead of any non power 4 including Notre Dame (even if they had beaten NIU and gone undefeated.
So ND join a conference (and a real one at that) if you don't like it. ND already gets special treatment and there will be no sympathy for their arrogance. Others are arrogant (yes we are) but all are in a conference.

Five weeks into the season and we're 5-0, ranked 1 or 2 depending on the poll, watching one of the best Texas teams we've seen in years. Who knows what happens from here but could any Horn fan ask for a better situation right now? This is fun.

College Football Celebration GIF

Recent Threads

Back