Random Season News

Aggy and FSU went flying….
IMG_2798.jpeg

It’s very early in the season but I think it is safe to say that Miami will own the state of Florida this year. The 0-2 Seminoles could recover and make something of the year but the Gators are so screwed already.

We beat Michigan and we will be #2.
And since tOSU can’t beat UM any more they will have to drop, not UGA.
I thought we might jump Oregon but dropping them from #3 to #7 after a win seems a bit much.
Preseason rankings are so hard to get right. There just isn’t enough information. I understand the need to start stacking everybody up but waiting until we’re 3-4 games into the season would help clarify what we have, and provide some entertaining drama as we wait on those initial rankings ... imo.

We beat Michigan and we will be #2.
Or ... why not #1?

UGA beat Clemson, but it’s so early we don’t know if that means much. Clemson was ranked #14 at the time. Did they belong there?

Anyway I agree that a win in Ann Arbor this Saturday puts us at #2. Georgia plays Tennessee Tech that day. Cowards.

I thought we might jump Oregon but dropping them from #3 to #7 after a win seems a bit much.
A 10-point win against an FCS team with one winning season since they relegated to FCS. Yeah, at that rate they should probably be closer to unranked.

Oregon really did outplay the Vandals on Saturday, but the scoreboard sure didn't indicate it until that last scoring drive. Reminds me a lot of some of those close wins against vastly inferior opponents in the Mack era.
Rice & ISU 1999
OK State 2002 when we needed the Rod Babers pick to seal it
KU 2004 with the 4th and 18 conversion
Iowa in the Alamo Bowl
Arkansas St. 2007

Very few people realize the history of college football or lack thereof in the State of Florida.

1) In its history the University of Florida never won the SEC Championship until Steve Spurrier returned as HC

2) FSU was Florida Normal College for Women, a school for wayward girls which Bobby Bowden converted to a school for delinquent boys

3) Convicts don't count except for setting number of violations that Barry & Jackie can't equal between them, not to mention that neither Jackie nor Barry specialized in putting people in their community in the hospital - see also Miami Art Festival security

I think Napier is a good guy and an above average coach, but while Florida is a Tier One academic institution, it does not have the long, nor storied history of football greatness, which in that recruiting rich area can only be explained by lack of alumni support and worse administration support.

That said, color Billy "gone". Elko is wishing he had waited a year.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back