Random Season News

While he is 40! ...and a mullet head...

He sure seems like a decent guy.
Great guy. Never forget this part of a conversation he had years back -

"I just told the HC that I'd be OC only if I could be on the sideline and you would agree to go from graduate assistant to QB coach, be in the press box, and call the plays"

"But, Coach, I've never, ever called plays"

"You wanna be a football coach or you wanna sell insurance? You wanna coach football, get your butt in the pressbox with a headset and call plays"

Thus began the coaching career of Mike Gundy. Very similar to conversation my friend had with a guy named Jimmy Johnson, but not sure what happened to him.

Last edited:
USC is offering $ while UM and tOSU are offering $$$$$$
You obviously have not walked those three campuses. You'll find more outstanding females in a one block walk across USC campus than you will in a three day stay in Ann Arbor and Columbus combined.

You obviously have not walked those three campuses. You'll find more outstanding females in a one block walk across USC campus than you will in a three day stay in Ann Arbor and Columbus combined.
You may be right, but $ talks & p#$$¥...well, uuuh, hmmm...delima.

That's why Colorado has used hookers for at least five decades, and of course, South Bend has that "boarding house" away from campus

He has no idea how many kids hit that wall. Two I personally talked to back in th e day that have T-rings and were first team starters and National Champions

You don't even have to walk just stand on any corner on the campus.

Sitting on the front steps of the USC student center will cause serious eye-strain in less than five minutes. I think they must put a weight limit on females entering the building.

Also thought they must have a bullet train from Exposition to cosmetic surgeons in Orange County.

Nice little video of Worthy in last night’s Chiefs-Ravens game.

From the article:

Rookie wide receiver Xavier Worthy scored a touchdown the first time he got the ball in an NFL game. He scored another in the fourth quarter, that one ending up as the game winner Thursday night.

It’s very early in the season but I think it is safe to say that Miami will own the state of Florida this year. The 0-2 Seminoles could recover and make something of the year but the Gators are so screwed already.
Honest q: Is it a lack of talent, bad coaching, tough schedule, none/all of the above .....? (as far as Florida goes)

They look really really bad.

In no particular order:

1) Rotten locker room
2) Bad assistants
3) Coach infighting
4) Negative recruiting
5) Napier doesn't fit the Florida "mold" which is apparent to inner city moms*
6) No one is sure where Florida is going or how the get there

* Recruiting in Florida was different than anywhere else I went. Yes, that's been a long time, but when a Top Ten Florida recruit's mom (200+ pound single mom), "Coach, I don't trust the n*****" referring to an assistant at another school, I didn't know how to respond, but quickly did. We didn't get him because she didn't want him so far away, yet he went to a Public Ivy and then to NFL.

I expect DJ Lageway will start this week and if he doesn't he will take a majority of the snaps. That is good for whoever he transfers to next year (probably to the fighting Kiffins, just sayin) as he will have some game experience.

NCAA could institute the "Lagway Rule" which would allow him to start at a different school every week. That would drive the sports books crazy, but MD Anderson would love charging that many more schools for "cancer treatment".

I expect DJ Lageway will start this week and if he doesn't he will take a majority of the snaps. That is good for whoever he transfers to next year (probably to the fighting Kiffins, just sayin) as he will have some game experience.
Kiffin can and will do better, not to mention he ain't that dumb.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back