Other WBB games and news 2023-2024

Fast forward to about the 4:50 mark... very interesting comments and insight.

She is quite impressive in these media sessions. Appreciate her philosophy, in this case, especially about recruitment in the era of the portal. Thanks for the share.

She really is a great interview and communicator. I had to go back and listen to the part I skipped in the beginning because I like hearing what she has to say.

And look at Arizona! They managed to find a way in our world of primitive technology to make it where you can actually HEAR THE QUESTIONS. CDC should try to find out what kind of voodoo magic they use to achieve what seems impossible at Texas except in a Zoom call.

She really is a great interview and communicator. I had to go back and listen to the part I skipped in the beginning because I like hearing what she has to say.
She's actually kind of intoxicating. Most impressive. She is now on our burnt orange radar.
And look at Arizona! They managed to find a way in our world of primitive technology to make it where you can actually HEAR THE QUESTIONS. CDC should try to find out what kind of voodoo magic they use to achieve what seems impossible at Texas except in a Zoom call.
Ha! Maybe Arizona has some fancy RTF school or something. Oh wait..... :e-thinking:

Wow, straight talk, love the openness and honesty. That about sums it up.
Thanks for posting that.
Interesting that her philosophy of recruiting high school kids and being committed to their development is pretty much in line with Vic's. Although he does not go into as much detail, he says basically the same things she does about the portal and the recruits. Vic picked up a few portal players since arriving in Austin out of necessity to try and build a nucleus. It's pretty evident that he prefers to recruit high school players and develop them, with the exception of adding a critical piece from the portal here and there. Too bad we couldn't have added that one extra guard that we needed this past off season.

Last edited:

She's sorta snakebit. But, I'm glad we won't have the Sedona in Austin drama, this go-round.

I wasn't concerned about playing against her, but it's good we won't have to listen to that whole narrative. Hope she recuperates quickly and gets back on the court.

She's sorta snakebit. But, I'm glad we won't have the Sedona in Austin drama, this go-round

She's sorta snakebit. But, I'm glad we won't have the Sedona in Austin drama, this go-round.

I’ve been interested in how Taylor might match up with SP. Assuming they matched up in the Pac12 a few times, unless TJ’s injuries actually prevented that ever happening.

Sorry about her finger but wonder if she’ll make the reasonably short trip anyway.

Update: Georgia wins it 54-50. Poor Aggy. (I don’t know if she is cleared to play, but Texas transfer Kendall Hunter didn’t see any minutes.)
Kyndall Hunter tore her ACL in the summer, I believe.

Sad that all three of Vic's 2021 signees have torn their ACL.

I understand why Elyssa transferred out and joined up with Karen Aston, glad to see her doing so well. The Roadrunners’ leading scorer and rebounder this season.

Just as I predicted... Baylor loses at Kansas.
From the article in the Baylor or Waco paper, Kansas was behind by about 10, when KU switched to a zone. It sounded like they stayed in the zone the rest of the game. That is what I wanted us to do when Baylor was driving against us at will and making so many lay ups, but of course we don't do that. KU has a 6'6" post who did a number on Baylor, and Baylor couldn't hit well from outside.

Ayoka Lee can do a number on a lot of teams.
Ayoka Lee is KSU. The post for Kansas is T. Jackson. I saw this game coming because Kansas is way too good a team to be losing the way they have been. It was only a matter of time before they had a breakthrough game, and the timing was just right against Baylor. I'm antsy about playing them on Tuesday on the heals of coming back from KSU. Both of those games are huge for us right now and will be very challenging in different ways.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back