Other WBB games and news 2023-2024

I’m not sure just how much those players were actually pursued, and I don’t claim to know one way or another. I’d hope it’s more than just social media follows.

But let me be clear, nowhere did I say Vic would not use the portal. I did use the word “heavily” for a reason.
Mair was brought in for an official visit. It was discussed for several weeks here during the summer until she ultimately chose Duke. This isn't top secret stuff.

True, but Mulkey mimicked her established pattern at Baylor.
And while at Baylor, Mulkey had already won National championships and countless conference championships and was pulling in top recruits left and right. Yet and still, rather than developing that young talent she started recruiting over the top of them. Recruits and their parents caught on to that, hence why she had only one incoming freshman signed when she left there. I don't want to see that happen with our program.

There are some on this board that can't stand the fact that Vic is the coach for WHATEVER reason (too bad get over it). It's nice being able to have confidence that he will get the most out of whatever team he has. He has proven that, and I can live with that all day every day. I'd much rather do more with less than less with more.

Last edited:
Is she done with the WNBA or is this the off season side-hustle?
More like the WNBA is done with her. She got released by Dallas before last season started and never got picked up. I think she played in either Spain or France after getting cut.

Agree on all points. I feel That Vic is building a program at Texas that is based on the integrity of him and his staff. If I were a betting person, I'd say that he tells recruits and their families the truth up front. You're right.. that's definitely not a bad reputation to have.

Yeah, Celeste certainly would have been that defensive guard that Vic covets. I also can't help to think how much better we would have been had Charli stayed around. It also would have played out way better for her. She possibly could have left the university as the all-time leading scorer and rebounder, and been far more prepared for the next level. Oh well, if "if" were a fifth we'd all be drunk. LOL

I am very encouraged about the direction of our program under Vic, and I can wait for it. His approach builds a more solid foundation. There will still be players that come and go, and we've got to learn to accept that. But those who buy in and stick with it will be developed to their full potential. His track record shows that.

Also thought Charli should have stayed and would have benefitted from another year of Vic’s coaching. But after watching her in the WNBA, it became painfully obvious that she lacked quickness, a step behind, literally, most other rookies and couldn’t keep up with experienced players. So, I hope she made good money overseas and has a happy, healthy life. Just wish she had a more outstanding legacy at Texas.
:hookem:

If you’re curious how Kansas is looking this season, they play Penn St at 5pm and it will be broadcast on BTN

If you have the SEC Network, you can see Florida and starter Aliya Matharu play at 7pm

Lamar is at Tech at 7pm on ESPN+ if you’re just bored out of your mind and want to see some west Texas Chic meets rodeo clown fashion on the Tech bench

Anyone else seeing the dumpster fire happening at LSU?? Supposedly Reese and Flaujae Johnson are into it and both of their moms are going back and forth on social media about whatever is happening. Also a ome other things behind the scenes are going on with this team and former player Jasmine Carson took to social media to say a few things.

Mulkey thought she built a super team but she really didn’t check the personality of her players before doing so. They are all ball dominant players who have big egos so I knew they weren’t going to get along. They may figure it out but right now it’s not enough points and fame to go around for everyone.

Anyone else seeing the dumpster fire happening at LSU?? Supposedly Reese and Flaujae Johnson are into it and both of their moms are going back and forth on social media about whatever is happening. Also some other things behind the scenes are going on with this team and former player Jasmine Carson took to social media to say a few things.

Mulkey thought she built a super team but she really didn’t check the personality of her players before doing so. They are all ball dominant players who have big egos so I knew they weren’t going to get along. They may figure it out but right now it’s not enough points and fame to go around for everyone.

Anyone else seeing the dumpster fire happening at LSU?? Supposedly Reese and Flaujae Johnson are into it and both of their moms are going back and forth on social media about whatever is happening. Also a ome other things behind the scenes are going on with this team and former player Jasmine Carson took to social media to say a few things.

I figured this would happen. Sorry not sorry.

Hopefully Aaliyah Chavez and her family are taking notes and doing their due diligence on LSU.

Anyone else seeing the dumpster fire happening at LSU?? Supposedly Reese and Flaujae Johnson are into it and both of their moms are going back and forth on social media about whatever is happening. Some of the team are failing multiple classes, An NIL deal that lsu offered to Joyce Edwards was leaked, and some other things behind the scenes are going on with this team. and former player Jasmine Carson took to social media to say a few things in regards to Mulkey.

For anyone wanting to get a glimpse into the drama with the LSU, Tiger Droppings has a 10 page thread on the theatrics. One poster is expecting Angel Reese to be suspended due to academics and/or some other issue (not sure if true).

LSU WBB drama has surfaced on X.

Unranked K-State knocks off #2 Iowa 65-58 in Iowa City.

I tuned into this when K-State was down by 1 point at half. They built up their lead to 7 halfway through the 3rd quarter, but the hometown refs were whistling anytime a Wildcat touched any of their players, especially Caitlin Clark. When I tuned into it halfway into the 4th, I wasn't surprised to see that Iowa had re-taken the lead. I am surprised that K-State won.

When watching K-State, I thought, "Oh yeah. Yikes. Ayoka Lee. I remember I was happy she was out the whole of last year. Gonna be a problem."

For anyone wanting to get a glimpse into the drama with the LSU, Tiger Droppings has a 10 page thread on the theatrics. One poster is expecting Angel Reese to be suspended due to academics and/or some other issue (not sure if true).

LSU WBB drama has surfaced on X.
Myself and others posted in the spring that there was no way that collection of ridiculous egos, coupled with the queen-ego of them all - mUlkey, was going to work. Would love to see them implode. They got so lucky last year that they didn't have to face SC in championship game.

Unranked K-State knocks off #2 Iowa 65-58 in Iowa City.

I tuned into this when K-State was down by 1 point at half. They built up their lead to 7 halfway through the 3rd quarter, but the hometown refs were whistling anytime a Wildcat touched any of their players, especially Caitlin Clark. When I tuned into it halfway into the 4th, I wasn't surprised to see that Iowa had re-taken the lead. I am surprised that K-State won.

When watching K-State, I thought, "Oh yeah. Yikes. Ayoka Lee. I remember I was happy she was out the whole of last year. Gonna be a problem."
Caitlin Clark looked awful last night. I'm not impressed with Iowa at all. How are they even in the top10? Good for Kstate to get another win over them though.

I watched the entire Iowa-KState game. I thought the basketball was terrible. Both teams looked horrible. Clark was 2-16 from 3. Iowa shot 9.5% from 3. Both teams jacking up shots that were air balls or off the backboard. Lee was terrific by scoring 24 on efficient shooting. No one else stood out for good play. I am amazed Iowa is ranked #2. It’s all on hype and supposes Clark will play great. KState will be a tough matchup at times due to Lee. I was sorely disappointed in the game.

Great wins for Big12WBB:

Oklahoma upsets #12 Mississippi in Oxford, 80-70;
#21 Baylor upsets #4 Utah, 84-77; and
Kansas State upsets #2 Iowa in Iowa City, 65-58.

The only disappointment so far was a more talented Kansas losing to Penn State (Penn State's guards were on fire).

I watched the entire Iowa-KState game. I thought the basketball was terrible. Both teams looked horrible. Clark was 2-16 from 3. Iowa shot 9.5% from 3. Both teams jacking up shots that were air balls or off the backboard. Lee was terrific by scoring 24 on efficient shooting. No one else stood out for good play. I am amazed Iowa is ranked #2. It’s all on hype and supposes Clark will play great. KState will be a tough matchup at times due to Lee. I was sorely disappointed in the game.
Not totally unreasonable that a team's performance might be very much dependent on a single player. Clark had a bad night. Look what happened to us last year when Rori went down.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back