Other WBB games and news 2023-2024

It's always good to see Kim Mulkey teams losing. It was a great win for Johnnie Harris. I'm sure Honesty Scott Grayson was very motivated in this game since she started her college career at Baylor with Mulkey. I think she may have had a falling out with Mulkey and left the team before the end of the season. She scored 25 pts today, and was vital to their win.

What an incredible set of circumstances the past few days. TCU must be reeling.
Damn, TCU just can’t catch a break. Such a promising season now circling the drain. TCU was headed for the NCAAs in 2020 when everything was cancelled, and then had to forfeit games in fall 2020 after several players got Covid. The program never recovered, but I was hoping this would be their comeback year. (Live in FW, attend a few TCU women’s games each year and like to see them do well.)

Tech upsets #24 Iowa State in Lubbock, 71-63. Held a 15 point lead in the 4th quarter.

So, thanks ISU for beating Baylor Saturday; and thanks Tech for beating ISU tonight.

I hope they have some athletes in the other sports who played high school basketball. We have had a volleyball player come to the team under Karen so I hope they have some students interested in competing.

This is totally unfair of me to say, but sometimes I just can’t help myself so here goes..

It probably has zero to do with her, but drama sure seems to follow a certain two time transfer former Longhorn. :idk:

This is totally unfair of me to say, but sometimes I just can’t help myself so here goes..

It probably has zero to do with her, but drama sure seems to follow a certain two time transfer former Longhorn. :idk:
I wanted to say something along those lines but bit my lip and didn’t. But I have to say I am glad someone did! And BNUT you nailed it very tastefully!!
:beertoast:

Okay... help me out with this one. If you have six SCHOLARSHIP players available, are you going to play or forfeit? I'm playing and if I have to take a beat down that's just part of the game. I'm not giving games away if I've got enough players to put on the floor, and this is a chance for other players to get minutes that maybe wouldn't have otherwise.
Thoughts? ...

Last edited:
Not a current “Other WBB Game” but I’m posting anyway. Stumbled across the Texas vs Maryland Sweet 16 game video highlights from 2 years ago on Youtube. Vic’s defense vs Maryland’s “all gas no brakes” offense. What a fun game that was. Kara Lambert, Ebo, Charlie, Warren, Celeste Taylor, Joann Allen-Taylor - wonder where they are now. Angel Reese was on the Maryland team dancing up and down the sideline but didn’t play much.

Not a current “Other WBB Game” but I’m posting anyway. Stumbled across the Texas vs Maryland Sweet 16 game video highlights from 2 years ago on Youtube. Vic’s defense vs Maryland’s “all gas no brakes” offense. What a fun game that was. Kara Lambert, Ebo, Charlie, Warren, Celeste Taylor, Joann Allen-Taylor - wonder where they are now. Angel Reese was on the Maryland team dancing up and down the sideline but didn’t play much.
Probably the most enjoyable game I have ever watched a Texas WBB team play... and I've been keeping up with this team for decades. To be such a heavy underdog and watch our team rise to the occasion with grit and determination, and against a team that had more High School AA's on their roster than we had available players. It's a game I will never ever forget.

Okay... help me out with this one. If you have six SCHOLARSHIP players available, are you going to play or forfeit? I'm playing and if I have to take a beat down that's just part of the game. I'm not giving games away if I've got enough players to put on the floor, and this is a chance for other players to get minutes that maybe wouldn't have otherwise.
Thoughts? ...

Not entirely sure if this is true because I read it on X meaning 50/50 chance it’s factual - but someone said NCAA requires minimum of 8 players. Anyone else know if that is true?

I still have this Maryland game on DVR. Loved the rabid faces the Texas team caused Coach Frese to make throughout the game as they were all VERY CERTAIN of the win.

oh look, here’s one . . .
upload_2024-1-18_12-40-48.jpeg

Not entirely sure if this is true because I read it on X meaning 50/50 chance it’s factual - but someone said NCAA requires minimum of 8 players. Anyone else know if that is true?
I'm becoming a nerd. The NCAA rulebook I have doesn't talk about scholarships. The section that talks about numbers of players on a team is interesting. A game has to start with 5 players. The game can continue as long as there are two players available. If during the game, there is only one available player, the game can only be continued if both coaches and referees agree that the one player still has a chance to win. That's the only reference to player numbers I could find. Rule 3, Article 1, Section 2.

My understanding was that a team could compete with four players. If at anytime the number of available players drops below four the game is then declared a forfeit.

Aren’t there conference rules that address similar issues like which games can be postponed or require cancellation?

So far #4, #14 and #15 all lost to unranked teams this week.

#4 NC State lost to Miami by 14 points.

Duke beat #14 Virginia Tech by 17.

Syracuse beat #15 Fl State by 6.

It sounds like it will be a minimum of 4 weeks due to the small fracture of the ankle, and subsequent surgery. Thus, if she does play against us again, she probably won't be able to play full speed for a whole game. She may just have limited playing time if she plays at all.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back