Other WBB games and news 2023-2024

Ksu keeps pulling these wins out. It makes you think they are just a team of destiny this year. I still think we'll get 'em when they visit the moody, but they are likely too far ahead to not win conf. this season.

Even though they ended up losing by 5 points, Kansas held OU to 60 points in Norman. Still can't believe Vic tried getting into a track meet with OU.

What in tarnation is Mulkey wearing? Is she trying out to be an Elton John impersonator?

Much as I find KM annoying, I have to give her credit for helping boost women's basketball in the national media spotlight since she went to LSU. Her clothing was formerly just weirdly tacky, now it's an Event, a Thing, a Culture. Fans love it and they show up at games. Some of the espn focus on UConn has faded since they lost star players to injury and actually lose occasionally. Caitlin Clark is setting records and fans are packing Iowa games. It's all a perfect storm for promoting WBB. We will benefit from the attention paid to the SEC and LSU.
:hookem2:

Much as I find KM annoying, I have to give her credit for helping boost women's basketball in the national media spotlight since she went to LSU. Her clothing was formerly just weirdly tacky, now it's an Event, a Thing, a Culture. Fans love it and they show up at games. Some of the espn focus on UConn has faded since they lost star players to injury and actually lose occasionally.

Credit to her for what's she's done for WBB despite the pain, agony and misery she has dealt to the Texas WBB over the decade plus at Baylor.

Check out todays rankings.

How did UCONN move up a spot and they lost to a lower ranked ND?!?! :idk:

Schools move up and down the poll but that was a head scratcher for me.

I'm just glad KM dresses nice for the games. Your nice may be different from her nice and that's ok. I'm over some of the coaches and staff wearing athletic wear to the games. I like it when they have on professional attire and coach their butts off. Just another day at the office. Love it. :smile1:

I'm just glad KM dresses nice for the games. Your nice may be different from her nice and that's ok. I'm over some of the coaches and staff wearing athletic wear to the games. I like it when they have on professional attire and coach their butts off. Just another day at the office. Love it. :smile1:
Professional? What Kim wears is anything but professional in my book, unless her profession is Clown, Vegas Lounge Singer or Hobby Lobby Manager.

Check out todays rankings.

How did UCONN move up a spot and they lost to a lower ranked ND?!?! :idk:

Schools move up and down the poll but that was a head scratcher for me.
That poll is mostly meaningless until closer to March in my opinion.

Much as I find KM annoying, I have to give her credit for helping boost women's basketball in the national media spotlight since she went to LSU. Her clothing was formerly just weirdly tacky, now it's an Event, a Thing, a Culture. Fans love it and they show up at games. Some of the espn focus on UConn has faded since they lost star players to injury and actually lose occasionally. Caitlin Clark is setting records and fans are packing Iowa games. It's all a perfect storm for promoting WBB. We will benefit from the attention paid to the SEC and LSU.
:hookem2:
All Kim Mulkey boosts is Kim Mulkey. She's done nothing to grow the women's game other than build powerhouse teams.

Juju Watkins! USC freshman breaks USC single game scoring record with 51 points. 14 of 16 fg, 6 of 11 from three, 17 of 19 from the free throw line. Throw in 11rebounds, 4 steals, 2 assists. (3 to). 67-58 USC over Stanford. Just wow. What a performance.

Yeah this freshmen class is turning into something really special.
Really exciting for WBB. And they are not all at one school or in one conference. Juju has to be national FOY now doesn’t she? But Hidalgo and Booker are both having the types of seasons that would have put them in contention most years. I love to watch Hidalgo. And a week ago I might have thought she could be FOY. Audie Crooks at ISU gives Maddie competition for Big 12 FOY. And Addie Brown has amazing all around stats. Hope the Longhorns show everyone who is who when ISU comes to Austin. I think they will.

UCF looked really good in defeating Iowa State 71 - 66. Sytia Messer with Mike Carey as her main assistant has that team coached up well.

Last edited:
Really exciting for WBB. And they are not all at one school or in one conference. Juju has to be national FOY now doesn’t she? But Hidalgo and Booker are both having the types of seasons that would have put them in contention most years. I love to watch Hidalgo. And a week ago I might have thought she could be FOY. Audie Crooks at ISU gives Maddie competition for Big 12 FOY. And Addie Brown has amazing all around stats. Hope the Longhorns show everyone who is who when ISU comes to Austin. I think they will.
While I agree that Audie and Addie are great freshman, they are still playing their regular positions. Neither was thrown into the fire in a position unfamiliar to them. I think Madison gets the edge for doing so.

While I agree that Audie and Addie are great freshman, they are still playing their regular positions. Neither was thrown into the fire in a position unfamiliar to them. I think Madison gets the edge for doing so.
Agree, of course. That is true of Hidalgo and even Watkins. What Madi is doing is extraordinarily.

After seeing the AP rankings today, I was curious about 1st place vote distribution since the season began (I excluded the Pre-Season poll). A total of 461 votes have been submitted.
  1. South Carolina - 446 - 96.7%
  2. Iowa - 13 - 2.8% - all 13 were in the week after the season started
  3. UCLA - 2 - 0.4% - they got 1 vote in weeks 9/10. Some voter's UCLA spouse must've found their password.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back