Other WBB games and news 2023-2024

I gotta say, now that the wicked witch of Waco is gone, it’s not as much fun when they lose. Losing didn’t happen often when she was there, but when it did, it was such a joy to watch.

I couldn’t resist visiting the Baylor boards after the BYU loss and didn’t realize it’s been a very long time since I’ve done that and wasn’t really aware of some things that have transpired or perceived to have happened over the last couple seasons.

But first of all the fact they’re sitting in 6th place which is exactly where they ended last season is a really tough pill to swallow right now and without much hope for the rest of the season although probably will still make the tournament (and go out early). They’re more prone to readily admit Texas is better and better off because of Vic. And that Texas should have swept Baylor if not for the loss of Rori and no Jones in the first game.

New (to me) was that the directional schools that play for pay have been told LSU won’t entertain them if they’ve played Baylor. I didn’t go back to see if that has panned out over the last three seasons however.

Not only was Mulkey’s exit really bad timing and unexpected, she left the cupboard bare whether it be on purpose or the fact her recruiting prowess had begun to deteriorate because high school coaches had started to steer kids away from Waco (that part sounded interesting). Hence all the transfers she was bringing in. But her prospects weren’t looking great before she left (in their opinion).

There’s a feeling the prior regime is doing what they can to hurt Baylor in recruiting specifically.

I’d almost feel bad for them but can’t because well, they are exactly who they are and that will never change. Whatever bad comes their way is well deserved in my book.

I’m hoping Baylor wins some games against West Virginia (they play twice), and Oklahoma but they are not playing well right now to be sure so I’m not counting on it.

Last edited:
I was cheering for Baylor to win in order to improve Texas's overall resume because BYU has no chance to make the NCAA Tournament.

Watching the game on ESPN+, I noticed Baylor doesn't have a commitment to defense. They left shooters repeatedly open. I am so thankful Texas has Vic, his high standard and demands on defense. Defense always travels, even during shooting slumps.

I couldn’t resist visiting the Baylor boards after the BYU loss and didn’t realize it’s been a very long time since I’ve done that and wasn’t really aware of some things that have transpired or perceived to have happened over the last couple seasons.

But first of all the fact they’re sitting in 6th place which is exactly where they ended last season is a really tough pill to swallow right now and without much hope for the rest of the season although probably will still make the tournament (and go out early). They’re more prone to readily admit Texas is better and better off because of Vic. And that Texas should have swept Baylor if not for the loss of Rori and no Jones in the first game.

New (to me) was that the directional schools that play for pay have been told LSU won’t entertain them if they’ve played Baylor. I didn’t go back to see if that has panned out over the last three seasons however.

Not only was Mulkey’s exit really bad timing and unexpected, she left the cupboard bare whether it be on purpose or the fact her recruiting prowess had begun to deteriorate because high school coaches had started to steer kids away from Waco (that part sounded interesting). Hence all the transfers she was bringing in. But her prospects weren’t looking great before she left (in their opinion).

There’s a feeling the prior regime is doing what they can to hurt Baylor in recruiting specifically.

I’d almost feel bad for them but can’t because well, they are exactly who they are and that will never change. Whatever bad comes their way is well deserved in my book.

I’m hoping Baylor wins some games against West Virginia (they play twice), and Oklahoma but they are not playing well right now to be sure so I’m not counting on it.
Going into the season, that roster was easily the 2nd most talented roster in the Big12 this season. Crazy what happens when they actually have to play the games.

Neb/Iowa game yesterday was a good game to watch. Have to hand it to Neb for coming back and getting the dub. But man did Lisa Bluder have an epic meltdown after the game:

Oklahoma beats Baylor 84-73 in Norman to move to 12-1 in conference play. Looks like they are on their way to winning the regular season title.

Iowa State lets a 13 point halftime lead slip away at home against Kansas State. They end up winning in 2OT 96-93. KSU now 10-3 in conference play.

#8 Colorado and #9 UCLA both suffer upsets tonight. There are no guarantees in basketball.
Both ended with buzzer beaters. The UCLA vs Oregon St game had two of em when UCLA hit the game winner only to have 1.1 second left on the clock as determined by the officials and then OSU hit the game winner. The lead changed three times in the last 6.6 seconds. Two very fun games to watch

Both ended with buzzer beaters. The UCLA vs Oregon St game had two of em when UCLA hit the game winner only to have 1.1 second left on the clock as determined by the officials and then OSU hit the game winner. The lead changed three times in the last 6.6 seconds. Two very fun games to watch
Damn it!!! I fell asleep was just a few minutes remaining in the Oregon State-UCLA game. I missed all the fun.

Damn it!!! I fell asleep was just a few minutes remaining in the Oregon State-UCLA game. I missed all the fun.
It’s really fun to watch a nail biter game when you have no skin in the game although I was probably leaning to both underdogs.

It’s really fun to watch a nail biter game when you have no skin in the game although I was probably leaning to both underdogs.
I tend to always be pulling for the team that's behind at the given moment. But in this case, I was definitely pulling for Oregon State.

Even I missed it with the UCLA game. I stopped watching when Oregon went up by 1 and everyone thought the clock ran out. Couldn’t figure out why the score had changed when I looked again this morning. 4 baskets in 6 seconds. Wow.

3rd Qtr halfway over and Ayoka Lee not showing up in the box score with KSU up 3 on Central Florida
Announcers stated that Jeff Mitte Hope to have Ayoka back by Wednesday's game vs WVU. I'm assuming she's still having some issues after surgery, and maybe came back too soon.

Announcers stated that Jeff Mitte Hope to have Ayoka back by Wednesday's game vs WVU. I'm assuming she's still having some issues after surgery, and maybe came back too soon.
She played 33 minutes in their loss to Iowa St Wednesday night and my first thought was that was a lot of minutes right out of the gate.

Lee sprained her ankle on her good foot Wednesday.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back