Other WBB games and news 2023-2024

We should be West Virginia fans in the final stretch in the case Texas needs a tiebreaker. A 4th place West Virginia is advantage Texas. If Baylor comes in 4th that December loss to start conference play comes back to haunt us. Let’s Go Mountaineers!

We should be West Virginia fans in the final stretch in the case Texas needs a tiebreaker. A 4th place West Virginia is advantage Texas. If Baylor comes in 4th that December loss to start conference play comes back to haunt us. Let’s Go Mountaineers!
Well... WVU crapped their pants and lost to OSU 68-61. They are probably still reeling from GIVING away that game against Baylor last Saturday.

Don't look now... but that f'd up phantom travelling call (and/or our lack of securing a defensive rebound) might hurt even more after today's games.

End of 3rd Qtr
KU - 59
OU - 53

Well poo, Kansas won
And just as KU is finally starting to play like the team they should have been all year, that's who we'll most likely face in our first game in Kansas City. In the past week they have beaten both KSU and OU. They're playing well and with a high level of confidence.

And just as KU is finally starting to play like the team they should have been all year, that's who we'll most likely face in our first game in Kansas City. In the past week they have beaten both KSU and OU. They're playing well and with a high level of confidence.
I was thinking the same thoughts plus the Jayhawks will have a lot of fans in their backyard (including all the old Big 8 schools that despise Texas)

I was thinking the same thoughts plus the Jayhawks will have a lot of fans in their backyard (including all the old Big 8 schools that despise Texas)
I still don't understand why the big xii rewards mizzori by having conference tourneys in that state after u mizzou left shooting the bird & the moon at everyone on their way out....with the blessing & encouragement of state leaders.

I still don't understand why the big xii rewards mizzori by having conference tourneys in that state after u mizzou left shooting the bird & the moon at everyone on their way out....with the blessing & encouragement of state leaders.
The Big XII "leadership" is stupid and petty, and won't consider DFW because it might give an advantage to Texas. Can't have that. No, no, no.

You watch. With us leaving, look for the conference tourney to move out of Missouri really soon.

I don’t know, those Big 8 fan bases are awfully happy with Kansas City hosting. But with the expansion of the conference they really should move it or at least put it back on a rotational schedule. Whatever, it’s my last trip to this tourney

I thought Kansas City was like on the Missouri/Kansas border. KU, KSU, and ISU will never vote to have it moved as it is withing easy driving distance for their fans. Having the Big 12 football championship game in Texas is kind of like the compromise between the North and South schools.

PAC started playing their conference tourneys in Vegas even though there is no school in the state of Nevada. Their football also moved there. Obviously, that all ends this year with the conference disbanding.

I’m anticipating that Celeste Taylor will be assigned to her fair share of guarding Caitlin Clark today in Clark’s final home regular season game in which it’s likely Clark breaks “Pistol” Pete Maravich’s scoring record.

Ohio St has already clinched the regular season conference title and #1 seed and highly likely to maintain a #1 seed in the NCAA’s. It’s on Fox at Noon

I don’t know, those Big 8 fan bases are awfully happy with Kansas City hosting. But with the expansion of the conference they really should move it or at least put it back on a rotational schedule. Whatever, it’s my last trip to this tourney
With the way the conference is spread out, KC, DFW, Denver, Phoenix, SLC, and Houston would all be reasonable host sites.

One thing the Big 12 has been consistent about is when it comes to their hoops tournaments. In every season, both men's and women's tournaments have been held in the same city; and, only a couple of times have they been on different weekends (like this season). Unless the men's hoops tourney moves out of KC, I doubt the women's will any time soon.

Big 12 Seeking Tournament Contract Extension with Kansas City (heartlandcollegesports.com)

Yormark said that the league and Kansas City are seeking an extension that would tie the men’s and women’s tournaments to the city through the 2031 tournament.

It will be my first, as I typically like to stay home during conference tournament time so I can catch the SEC and ACC games also. But since this is our last Big 12 dance I figured I may as well go. I can definitely see myself going to the SEC tournaments in the future.

It will be my first, as I typically like to stay home during conference tournament time so I can catch the SEC and ACC games also. But since this is our last Big 12 dance I figured I may as well go. I can definitely see myself going to the SEC tournaments in the future.
Many many years ago I lived in Atlanta and closely followed the great Georgia teams of past. The SEC tournament was (is) a blast. It’s been in Greenville a lot in recent years but I’m not sure how often it moves around.

Last edited:
Virginia upset Virginia Tech which *could* help the Longhorns move up to a #1 seed. Two losses in a row and six overall

Many many years ago I lived in Atlanta and closely followed the great Georgia teams of past. The SEC tournament was (is) a blast. It’s been in Greenville a lot in recent years but I’m not sure how often it moves around.
In the women's tournament's history, 14 cities have hosted; Albany, Ga. (1987-1992); Athens, Ga. (1984, 1986); Baton Rouge, La. (1981); Chattanooga, Tenn. (1993-1997, 1999-2000); Columbus, Ga. (1998); Duluth, Ga. (2007, 2010, 2013, 2014); Greenville, S.C. (2005, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021); Jacksonville, Fla. (2016); Knoxville, Tenn. (1980, 1983); Lexington, Ky. (1982); Oxford, Miss. (1985); Memphis, Tenn. (2001); Nashville, Tenn. (2002, 2004, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2018, 2022); and North Little Rock, Ark. (2003, 2006, 2009, 2015).

Creme has A&M as one of his First 4 OUT teams. He has fellow SEC teams, Miss. State and Vanderbilt among his Last 4 IN teams; both of them beat A&M in College Station. And, Vandy won at Miss. State.

A&M plays Miss. State in the first round of the SEC tournament. Obviously, they have to win to keep their NCAA tourney hopes alive. And, it might take more than one win as the committee might see MSU's win at A&M as more impressive than an A&M win over Miss. State at a neutral site.

Simply because we recruit against them, I would enjoy it if Joni's squad missed the NCAA tournament -- again.

Kudos to Karen Aston. Took her three years at UTSA, but she finally got a winning conference record.
Good for her. Looking back at the UTSA history:

1. Highest winning percentage since 2008-2009, when they went 24-9
2. Highest number of wins (16) since 2012-2013

I was worried she would be on the hot seat, but I guess she gets more time.

Good for her. Looking back at the UTSA history:

1. Highest winning percentage since 2008-2009, when they went 24-9
2. Highest number of wins (16) since 2012-2013

I was worried she would be on the hot seat, but I guess she gets more time.
Good job, KA! I'm not at all surprised that she has the trajectory of that program going in an upward direction. You really have to give somebody five years to build a program, especially at a mid major. In now her third season they finished 4th in the conference ahead of (among others) South Florida, SMU, Rice, and East Carolina whom we played last season in the NCAA's.

UTSA has a couple of victories over North Texas who's having a really good year and finished second in that conference. One thing we know about Karen is that she's a hell of a recruiter. I believe she'll continue to do well in San Antonio. Wishing her the best.

I don’t normally ever root for Maryland but they’re up on Ohio St late in the 3rd by 17
I’m all for number 1 seeds losing

Recent Threads

Back