Trouble in Paradise?

363454966_6949370518406432_719046154600672894_n.jpg

I got the impression from my conversation with Mack Brown that we didn't offer or weren't going to offer.
That's what I always heard.
Mack was not interested in offering him as a quarterback but they thought about offering him as a defensive back.
But I don't believe an offer was ever extended.

Mack was not interested in offering him as a quarterback but they thought about offering him as a defensive back.
Mack never offered Manzere a waterboy position. Mack does not offer scholarships to punks.

And the kid from Texas that went to Ohio state (not QE obviously). Name escapes me right now but we went with Swoopes instead. I love Tyrone and was happy to have his heart and dedication to the team, but he was not our best option at QB.
Barret was offered, but chose OSU.

Akina wanted to offer him as a safety and Mack almost let him. He loved Texas so much that he would have taken the offer and been a Horn. Completely different story written and the Johnny Football moniker would have never applied.

Akina wanted to offer him as a safety and Mack almost let him. He loved Texas so much that he would have taken the offer and been a Horn. Completely different story written and the Johnny Football moniker would have never applied.
Johnny was born with a silver bong in his mouth. He was a bully & a terror in high school. His daddy baled him out at every turn. He never suffered the natural consequences of his behavior until he became an adult. I sincerely hope that he turns/has turned his life around. I'm also glad Mack didn't offer.

I have not followed this very closely. Is it that donations to the NIL fund would earn points with the 12th man foundation?
How is Texas NIL fund structured differently?

Johnny was born with a silver bong in his mouth. He was a bully & a terror in high school. His daddy baled him out at every turn. He never suffered the natural consequences of his behavior until he became an adult.

Dang. Did not know they. He sounds like an athletic version of that “affluenza” kid

I have not followed this very closely. Is it that donations to the NIL fund would earn points with the 12th man foundation?
How is Texas NIL fund structured differently?
I think the aggy fund claimed donors could make a tax deductible gift.

Agree with others Mack did NOT offer JM a football scholarship to come to UT.

He was NOT that good coming out of HS.

Agree with others Mack did NOT offer JM a football scholarship to come to UT.

He was NOT that good coming out of HS.
Hate to disagree, Woo, but JF was undersized but very athletic in HS. He was a 1 man highlight real on Friday nite SA Sports TV. It was pretty obvious that he was talented, but also had character issues, so a # of D-1 programs (like UT) steered clear.

Hate to disagree, Woo, but JF was undersized but very athletic in HS. He was a 1 man highlight real on Friday nite SA Sports TV. It was pretty obvious that he was talented, but also had character issues, so a # of D-1 programs (like UT) steered clear.

Ok, I stand corrected and humbled in the HF public square!! ;)

Mack & Co. wisely did not offer because the young man had some serious character flaws... many of which some of us have, including me!! :tap:

Last edited:
Ok, I stand corrected and humbled in the HF public square!!

Mack & Co. wisely did not offer because the young man had some serious character flaws... many of which some of us have, including me!! :tap:
We all have our character defects. I've done more than my share of dubias acts. But I didn't have a daddy that bailed me out @ every turn. I had to face whatever consequences I deserved. And as I said, I sincerely hope he has/does turn his life around.

Back