TEXAS @ TCU Game Thread 2023

Fark post game
“We learned a lesson tonight”

I think this is in his DNA. If he hasn’t learned by now…

Mind you, this is the guy who had reggie bush on the sideline on 4th and short in Pasadena in 2005.

But….not gonna ***** and moan about being 9-1. Way better than a couple years ago of 5-7 and losing these type of games.

Progress? But 9-1 feels a lot better.

Sark is a pu**y when it comes to 2nd half leads. He showed that last year and now this year.
The offense isn't giving the defense help.

Well,I am happy we won but we are not a top 10 team. This team falls apart in the second half every game. Terrible play calling and clock management. PK needs to figure this defense out and teach them how to play a whole game. Sark needs to quit playing not to lose and play to win.

I need to just stop watching the second half of Texas football. It is so absurdly frustrating at this point. Texas has tried desperately to give away the last three games and the other team just hasn’t taken it. This is the most frustrating nine and one team I’ve ever seen.

I honestly think this comes down to lack of execution/bad play calling in last half. We have the ball for like 2 minutes for most of second half and other team has to play aggressive, so Texas gives ball back and D is worn with offense aggressive. Where were Worthy targets??

sigh. This team is who they are.
9-1 baby.

Sark should not be allowed to call plays when we get up 2+ scores. Royal always said dance with the one who brung ya. If something's working, I have an idea. Keep doing that.

I used to get emotional and have my heart race in these types of games. For some reason this year, that’s not happening. I think it’s because I expect a collapse every week, and I’m getting a collapse virtually every week.

Has K called one blitz in the last 3 games? We have no pass defense and very little do we get close to sacking the QB. That is a recipe for disaster.

Light the Tower orange!! An ugly win is far better than a beautiful loss, so let’s enjoy the lighted tower, a 9-1 record and on to Iowa State next week.

And….aggy still isn’t bowl eligible and they’re paying their coach $10M a year, so it could be worse.

We have been winning these games by the narrowest of margins, with Jonathan Brooks. What are we going to do without him?

First of all, Adonai Mitchell is a Mother effing stud. I can't imagine where wed be without him.

Second, I'm lowering my expectations. I'll take any victory no matter how ugly. I guess we can't dominate anybody. I'll accept it and hope.

BTW, the refs didn't screw us tonight so all you cry babies can suck it with your constant whining about the offilcials. Bunch of cry baby Aggies if you ask me.

We have Worthy, JWhitt (who never sees the ball), AD, Sanders, and we just won't take advantage of them. Get a lead and take all those guys off the table. I mean Sark has to just be bat **** crazy. Every game he manages to take all the fun and flushes it down the toilet.

Two teams began the day tied for first place in the B12. One team held on for a 3-point win in their game, and the other got blown out by 42 pts. I'm glad to be on the side of the team that won today.

We have Worthy, JWhitt (who never sees the ball), AD, Sanders, and we just won't take advantage of them. Get a lead and take all those guys off the table. I mean Sark has to just be bat **** crazy. Every game he manages to take all the fun and flushes it down the toilet.
It's like we don't want to offend anyone by beating their ***. Hey Sark, We're TEXAS, we beat peoples asses and make them like it.

I have said from beginning that the offense should be on go all the time regardless of score and the defense should be the ones who try to limit the opponent to FG’s. If you think the strategy should be more complicated than that, then you have this team wrong.

This team is not experienced enough to do finesse and strategy. It only knows “go”. If you do something else, not going to work well.

I have said from beginning that the offense should be on go all the time regardless of score and the defense should be the ones who try to limit the opponent to FG’s. If you think the strategy should be more complicated than that, then you have this team wrong.

And Sark is willing to go on 4th and short all 1st half. He's willing to take chances. Then 2nd half he won't even trust Quinn to make a 12 yd pass. It's disgusting. We can all talk about being 9-1 but we're going to get passed by another 1 loss team because we're playing like crap. I'd put Bama ahead of us at this point. What happened in Sept is not how these teams are playing now.

Sark admitted imo that Ewers is not 100% in the post game interview. Should have followed my advice and started Maalik putting Ewers in when needed.
Defense hit a wall for sure but the offense just disappeared. I was thinking Ewers was not healthy early when Sark quit calling any passes, now I’m certain.

What was with that blatant crack block by the TCU WR. That was clearly an intentional coached move. That's been illegal for well over a decade (or more). Yet Sonny Dykes is coaching his WR to crack block.

:smh:

This is a pattern of Sark’s teams and we have seen it enough in the last three years to know it isn’t going to change. He will never be a dominating program because even with better players he won’t put the other team away in too many cases. It ain’t likely to change. This team does no belong in the playoffs with the likes of Ohio, Michigan and Ga.
Even tho you are probably right I'm too much of a fan to admit it....lol

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back