Florida Passes Bill To Eliminate Disney Taxing District

Disney was its own county and paying its own municipal infrastructure.
And now it’s a county within the state like every other county only with a high sales tax base and property with a high tax base. The county will take care of itself only not at a big profit for Disney.

279109156_3304668969750995_2732459692710811038_n.jpg

I
I see that Ds are saying property taxes in Florida can increase by 25% for some people. I don't see how that is true unless you are talking about people who lived in the Disney village and were virtually paying nothing before. Outside of that area nothing changes. Sounds like a very dishonest criticism to me.

In other words, another day ending in "Y" for much of the leftist media...

National Review once again carrying water for leftists. Remember it was started by a guy who had ties to the CIA and was filled with ex-Trotskyites. They are claiming that the kind of thing DeSantis is doing usually leads to "bigotry". BS.

National Review once again carrying water for leftists. Remember it was started by a guy who had ties to the CIA and was filled with ex-Trotskyites. They are claiming that the kind of thing DeSantis is doing usually leads to "bigotry". BS.

Yep. It's a God-awful RINO rag.

He made his opinion irrelevant by calling it “anti grooming bill”.

Another member of Conservative Inc. covering up Cultural Marxist indoctrination.

Jonathan Chait is a member of "Conservative, Inc." like National Review? That isn't my understanding of him. Chait is a pretty liberal writer who occasionally takes a conservative stance. For example, he has said liberals shouldn't be as quick to embrace political correctness and should be careful about fully embracing BLM, but he's basically a solid liberal in general. He just has occasional incidents of sanity - sorta like an Alzheimer's patient who has moments of lucidity. Overall, Chait is much closer to Rachel Maddow than he is to Rich Lowery.

Yep. It's a God-awful RINO rag.

National Review tolerates dissent in its ranks, but it's largely supportive of the Florida parental rights bill and hostile to what Disney did. This is their page right now. Three articles from three different writers that support Florida, and I've seen others as well.

Screenshot_20220425-113619-451.png

I think it's interesting that it might be more appropriate to discuss gender identity than homosexuality because the defining characteristic of homosexuality is sexual attraction to your own gender. So you have to talk about sex. Gender identity does not start with sex; it starts with who or what you are. But discussing gender identity could beg the question of sexual preference.

I think it's interesting that it might be more appropriate to discuss gender identity than homosexuality because the defining characteristic of homosexuality is sexual attraction to your own gender. So you have to talk about sex. Gender identity does not start with sex; it starts with who or what you are. But discussing gender identity could beg the question of sexual preference.
Do you know Iran is a world leader in gender assignment surgery to avoid homosexuality?

I'm not sure what either one has to do with a teacher's job, which is supposed to be to teach the curriculum. The problem isn't discussing sexuality or gender with kids. It's who has the right to do it. When a teacher does it, she abuses her own authority at the expense of the child's parents.

Again, when I asked my fifth grade teacher what circumcision was, she didn't use that to segue into a discussion about dicks or what gender identity is. She directed me to my parents (specifically my dad) and moved on. That's what a teacher should do when inappropriate topics are raised by kids.

I'm not sure what either one has to do with a teacher's job, which is supposed to be to teach the curriculum. The problem isn't discussing sexuality or gender with kids. It's who has the right to do it. When a teacher does it, she abuses her own authority at the expense of the child's parents.

Again, when I asked my fifth grade teacher what circumcision was, she didn't use that to segue into a discussion about dicks or what gender identity is. She directed me to my parents (specifically my dad) and moved on. That's what a teacher should do when inappropriate topics are raised by kids.

Agreed.

I was just getting into the weeds on the subject.

To really take us into the weeds, I never understood the person who goes through a sex change and is then homosexual in that new gender.

I know a person who is just that but with another nuance:

"Assigned" as a boy at birth, now trans woman with original genetalia and is married to a woman.

These folks are uncomfortable with their body. As you get older, you learn to accommodate your body and not fight it. You also learn to appreciate your body and all the work it’s done to get you as far as you have gotten. I’ve gone incredible places with my body and have had awesome experiences. Life is not possible without a body. I think they have their priorities backwards.

Last edited:
Jonathan Chait is a member of "Conservative, Inc." like National Review? That isn't my understanding of him. Chait is a pretty liberal writer who occasionally takes a conservative stance.

My bad. I thought I had seen him write on NRO back in the day. I must have been mistaken.

National Review tolerates dissent in its ranks, but it's largely supportive of the Florida parental rights bill and hostile to what Disney did. This is their page right now. Three articles from three different writers that support Florida, and I've seen others as well.

All good points. There is some diversity there. The unfortunate things is that they are much more tolerant of view points to the left of theirs than to the right. They have a history of removing staunchly conservative writers.

To really take us into the weeds, I never understood the person who goes through a sex change and is then homosexual in that new gender.

To go even further into the weeds, I don't understand how any man can be gay or how any woman can be straight. I don't see how anyone looks at some guy's hairy *** and likes what they see. To each his or her own, but to me, it makes no sense at all.

To go even further into the weeds, I don't understand how any man can be gay or how any woman can be straight. I don't see how anyone looks at some guy's hairy *** and likes what they see. To each his or her own, but to me, it makes no sense at all.
It's just an innate thing. It's been around for like 6,000 years or since whenever Genesis said we started this party.

We've been around a lot longer than 6,000 years.
Define “we”. There is fascinating research as to when humans really began consciousness and speaking ability. Not that long ago.

Define “we”. There is fascinating research as to when humans really began consciousness and speaking ability. Not that long ago.

Modern humans is the "we" and we are about 150,000 years old as a species. Human brain size then was identical to what it is today.

Modern humans is the "we" and we are about 150,000 years old as a species. Human brain size then was identical to what it is today.
Did they have language? How do you define modern?

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back