Florida Passes Bill To Eliminate Disney Taxing District

Being against that bill is not "...grown adults to be allowed to talk about dicks with small children". That's demonizing. I took the advice of a poster I rarely agree wiht and I read the bill. I don't think the law has that much impact since we're not teaching these things to these kids anyway. This is really just Desantis trying to play David with three stones to the big bad goliath of the left. It's red meat for the base.
Pedophiles and groomers SHOULD be demonized.

The reality is that discussions of sex and gender have ZERO place at the age which has been precluded by law. It has ZERO place in a curriculum anywhere in schools other than perhaps the week of sex ed that goes on in health class during high school...

Groomers. The newest trigger language. Jeez. You were the one that told me to read the bill because it didn't say what the media said it said. Now you're on the bandwagon. Great work!

Groomers. The newest trigger language. Jeez. You were the one that told me to read the bill because it didn't say what the media said it said. Now you're on the bandwagon. Great work!

Do you not realize that 'groomers' includes a WHOLE LOT more than just 'teachers' in Florida?

ONLY a groomer or pedophile would be as insistent on teaching about sex and gender in a classroom to elementary school children. ANY discussions at that age should be in the home, by the parents, and only to the extent necessary to tell them what parts should NOT be touched by other people...

No, you're right. That was a response to mb. But, your terminology is stronger.

It's stronger and more graphic, but it's closer to the truth. I'm generally not inflammatory, but when inflammatory language is accurate and the failure to use such language would be less accurate, then I'll use inflammatory language. It's a rare occurrence, but it does happen.

It's stronger and more graphic, but it's closer to the truth. I'm generally not inflammatory, but when inflammatory language is accurate and the failure to use such language would be less accurate, then I'll use inflammatory language. It's a rare occurrence, but it does happen.
Do you have any examples that were taking place in Florida proper that required this level of response? You speak on it as it were an established fact that this was a going concern.

Do you have any examples that were taking place in Florida proper that required this level of response? You speak on it as it were an established fact that this was a going concern.

I'd have to research Florida in particular, but we've already seen examples in Texas that you and I have discussed. I'd be shocked if there were none in Florida.

And again, if it's not happening, then why freak out and lie about the bill?

He has been asked that several times and refuses to answer.

What can he say? People who want to talk about this stuff with children that young are as toxic as David Duke, and his party embraces them. I don't think he does, but big numbers of the people who vote the same as he does (enough to influence their party's leaders and elected officials) definitely do.

Do you believe that all of the videos posted BY the teachers about what they want to discuss and DO discuss are being posted by liars? Even though they often appeared on the education website for the institution where they were employed?

Do you believe Biden when he says children belong to the teachers?

Simple questions. But the answer to your query also rests in your own answers.

bruh. Am I freaking out? I don't even think told anyone to FOAD in this thread. Not unless you feel froggy. :)

Bruh, you've been attacking this bill saying it isn't happening yet you won't answer the simple question that if it isn't happening why is everyone so upset. Why is Disney so upset? Why are liberals around the country so upset? I don't tell kids about dicks so I don't care that they passed a bill. Sorry, couldn't help myself. :smile1:

I'd have to research Florida in particular, but we've already seen examples in Texas that you and I have discussed. I'd be shocked if there were none in Florida.

And again, if it's not happening, then why freak out and lie about the bill?

I can confirm anal sex is a sex ed topic in 8th grade in at least one ISD in the Lone Star State. Doesn't seem required to learn sex ed to me.

I can confirm anal sex is a sex ed topic in 8th grade in at least one ISD in the Lone Star State. Doesn't seem required to learn sex ed to me.
They is even worse than the magazines geared to teens having done stories about it...

It shouldn't be happening ANYWHERE in print or curriculum geared to minors.

Pansexual. Googles...Hmmm.
I also had to google that. Here's what Rolling Stone told me:

"What seem to be straightforward labels for sexual preference are anything but – and they even confuse many in the LGBTQ community"

Oh no! I just hate to see the LGBTQ community confused! Maybe if they add the letter P to the acronym it would help?

The pic in thread makes her look a hundred times better than her interview yesterday with the local ABC station

Last edited:
I also had to google that. Here's what Rolling Stone told me:

"What seem to be straightforward labels for sexual preference are anything but – and they even confuse many in the LGBTQ community"

Oh no! I just hate to see the LGBTQ community confused! Maybe if they add the letter P to the acronym it would help?

Dennis Rodman once said, "all luvin' is good luvin'." When I hear "pansexual," that and people as normal as Rodman come to mind.

when the actual SCOTUS ruling comes out it will be an interesting test of corporate politicization. it is almost a certainty that many groups are ramping up their pressure on CEOs/boards right now. the companies will almost certainly wait until an actual ruling is published, but will they take a lesson learned from Disney/FL, and stay out of politics, or will they cave to the left again?

I wish it wasn't this way but it has come to this. there was a thread a couple of years ago where i quipped that I would soon have to start picking my grocery store based on political affiliation. That day is near. Corporations fell victim to the "unless you are proactive with your corporate policies you are the same as every other ---ist out there" (racist, sexist, etc) They started taking corporate culture far left and they did it so quick that the only power strong enough right now to combat the leftward lurch is state government. Hopefully this is a shot across the bow to other CEOs/boards. You go all in on ESG/DEI and start thinking of yourselves as "policy makers" and there will be folks who will take you to task. We did not elect the Disney CEO to represent 'the people'. DeSantis was elected to represent Floridians. I hope Abbott does something similar very soon.
And just like that, there is a new Credit Card out there that is trying to tap into the Conservative market. saw this on Fox....Credit card for conservatives pushes back against 'woke' capitalism with every swipe | Fox News

Back