Florida Passes Bill To Eliminate Disney Taxing District

It’s a silly fight. They spend Disney money on services in their area. For that they get streamlined administrative approvals of things they need. It’s good for everyone. The right is all about freedom and free speech until they disagree.

Now you understand how the right has felt for the past 15+ years. Glad you're catching on.

Just like with Trump, I'm fine with playing hardball so long as we're playing smart - meaning that we don't end up tripping on our own dicks and hiring ourselves. Fortunately, this is Desantis's first mistake after doing almost everything else right, and unlike Trump, he's disciplined enough to keep from sputtering into idiocy. Even if I don't like this move, it's not going to keep me from voting for him in the primary.

This is a win. I hope he does more.

At the end of the day, Disney, Twitter et al are publicly traded companies. Management and the board have a responsibility to maximize shareholder wealth, not stakeholder feelings.

At the end of the day, Disney, Twitter et al are publicly traded companies. Management and the board have a responsibility to maximize shareholder wealth, not stakeholder feelings.

Seriously and honestly, has anyone cancelled their Disney+ subscription or otherwise cut off their business?

Not because of this, but I cut off D+ about 4 months ago. To me the programming went to crap and now I know why.

When Mrs. Deez heard the Disney executive producer say she adds a not so secret gay agenda and queerness to her programs, she told me we were done with Disney+ and cut it off.

I don't think keeping people in public institutions from talking about dicks with 5-8 year olds is a silly fight. I think it's pretty sensible and worthwhile. I do think Disney was dumb to intervene, and I think the state is dumb to retaliate.
And that’s the silly part I was talking about.

When Mrs. Deez heard the Disney executive producer say she adds a not so secret gay agenda and queerness to her programs, she told me we were done with Disney+ and cut it off.

Good for Mrs. Deez. I skip kids films and tv shows like that. No Fantastic Beasts, Onward, or Lightyear this summer.

Good for Mrs. Deez. I skip kids films and tv shows like that. No Fantastic Beasts, Onward, or Lightyear this summer.

When we first got married, I was the bigger conservative. (She was a public school teacher.) Nowadays, she's not as political as I am, but she's a more rigid ideologue on social issues.

Biden on Florida's 'Don't Say Gay' law: 'What the hell is going on here?'

“This is not your father’s Republican Party,” Biden said at the fundraiser, which was hosted by the Democratic National Committee. “This is a different deal, not a joke. And it’s not just Trump, it’s the MAGA crowd. It’s all about things that have nothing to do with traditional conservative doctrine.”

But Beto, AOC, The Crew, Warren, Sanders et al is our Father's Democratic Party?

It wasn't long ago when all the top Democrats opposed gay marriage.

The cynicism is breathtaking. He is unbelievable.

“This is not your father’s Republican Party,” Biden said at the fundraiser, which was hosted by the Democratic National Committee. “This is a different deal, not a joke. And it’s not just Trump, it’s the MAGA crowd. It’s all about things that have nothing to do with traditional conservative doctrine.”

But Beto, AOC, The Crew, Warren, Sanders et al is our Father's Democratic Party?

He is more accustomed to degrading black people.

It’s a silly fight. They spend Disney money on services in their area. For that they get streamlined administrative approvals of things they need. It’s good for everyone. The right is all about freedom and free speech until they disagree.
Disney will STILL be spending money in the area. They aren't packing the park up and moving it...setting aside the impracticality of such a move, the enviro-whackos would NEVER let them break ground somewhere else...

And that’s the silly part I was talking about.
I wish it wasn't this way but it has come to this. there was a thread a couple of years ago where i quipped that I would soon have to start picking my grocery store based on political affiliation. That day is near. Corporations fell victim to the "unless you are proactive with your corporate policies you are the same as every other ---ist out there" (racist, sexist, etc) They started taking corporate culture far left and they did it so quick that the only power strong enough right now to combat the leftward lurch is state government. Hopefully this is a shot across the bow to other CEOs/boards. You go all in on ESG/DEI and start thinking of yourselves as "policy makers" and there will be folks who will take you to task. We did not elect the Disney CEO to represent 'the people'. DeSantis was elected to represent Floridians. I hope Abbott does something similar very soon.

From, the article:

“I respect conservatives,” Biden continued.

He does??

Stock down 8% since the bill passed. I'm ready for a stockholder to go verbal Will Smith at the next investor meeting: Keep politics out of your ******* mouth!

Disney Stock Drops after Florida Republicans Pass Bill to Strip Company of Autonomous Status

Stock down 8% since the bill passed. I'm ready for a stockholder to go verbal Will Smith at the next investor meeting: Keep politics out of your ******* mouth!

As if Biden's administration hadn't done enough damage with the stock market in general. Disney's stock had dropped from nearly $177 in Nov to $132 (a 25% drop) right before this announcement. Or maybe it wasn't Biden, maybe it is the crappy service and programming they've been putting out there at the parks and online that has caused this then they put their foot in their collective mouth.

I wonder what Walt would think about his life's dream of building the most magical place on Earth for all kids being driven into bankruptcy. That's what will eventually happen if they keep it up. Then some Chinese company will gobble it up in a hostile takeover.

It's so moronic. Your father's Republican Party was ok with talking about dicks with 6 year olds? Your father's Communist Party wasn't ok with that.

As if Biden's administration hadn't done enough damage with the stock market in general. Disney's stock had dropped from nearly $177 in Nov to $132 (a 25% drop) right before this announcement. Or maybe it wasn't Biden, maybe it is the crappy service and programming they've been putting out there at the parks and online that has caused this then they put their foot in their collective mouth.

I wonder what Walt would think about his life's dream of building the most magical place on Earth for all kids being driven into bankruptcy. That's what will eventually happen if they keep it up. Then some Chinese company will gobble it up in a hostile takeover.
He’d probably be pissed at the idiots picketing his entrance calling his company groomers and pedophiles.

He’d probably be pissed at the idiots picketing his entrance calling his company groomers and pedophiles.

I'm not sure about that as Wikipedia (which I swear I didn't just write) tells me "Disney grew more politically conservative as he got older."

So we talking 25 or 55 year old Mr. Disney?

Ol' Walt would be pissed at the employees who WERE acting like groomers and pedophiles...he would be kicking them off the property before Human Resources even knew they had been fired...

It makes me crazy to think anyone buy's his BS. And it is BS. It's off the charts.
The sad reality is that it isn't HIS BS. It is the BS put in front of him by the handlers. This becomes more and more apparent every time he goes 'off script' and Psaki or other WH staffer has to put out some sort of a 'clarification.'

This thread only validates that desantis is not an idiot. He’s appealing to the trump base nationwide, the local impact on Floridians be damned. He’s more concerned about Iowans.

This thread only validates that desantis is not an idiot. He’s appealing to the trump base nationwide, the local impact on Floridians be damned. He’s more concerned about Iowans.
I will listen to your argument. I don’t understand how this move hurts Floridians any more than if Jerry Jones had his own property in Texas that had the same rights that were taken away. What’s the downside to Florida? Disney isn’t picking up and moving anywhere.

Last edited:
I love how the democrats try to lump all conservatives as MAGA. Hell, Deez is MAGA in their view even though he has called out Trump from the very beginning. The Dems have an agenda that is failing so their only hope is to call everyone racist, MAGA or homophobic.

I will listen to your argument. I don’t understand how this move hurts Floridians any more than if Jerry Jones had his own property in Texas that had the same rights were taken away. What’s the downside to Florida? Disney isn’t picking up and moving anywhere.

Its not going to hurt Floridians at all. Libs are learning it sucks to taste the **** they shovel. I find it hilarious.

278906296_2077036389124207_5949629777748744230_n.jpg

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back