Coach PK & the mighty Texas D + the Return of DBU!!!!!!!!

Kudos to Coach and the defense. Pleasantly surprised by the shutout - expected a convincing win, didn't expect to shut out a fairly good CSU offense.

Kudos to Coach and the defense. Pleasantly surprised by the shutout - expected a convincing win, didn't expect to shut out a fairly good CSU offense.
I agree about being pleasantly surprised. Just my observations are we are sorely lacking at DT compared to last year. Hoping to see massive improvement on disruption going forward. CSU was not a very good team regardless of what they were last year. Michigan is not doing much in their game so next week will be interesting. Watching the atm vs Notre Dame is a little concerning. atm has a defense but they have had some massive dl recruits in the past 3 years and it shows. Bama was also impressive today. Well we all survived day 1 and Texas is 1-0 which is what we wanted. Bring on the improvement in week 2!!!!

Our DEs focused a lot on containment of their QB. He didn’t get much on the scramble so that went well.

Inside, Collins played well, as did Broughton and Lole. Of the transfer interior DTs, Lole looks the best.

Our LBs have ridiculous closing speed and solid tackling ability.

The naysayers have been silenced, for all time.

:bevo::bevo::bevo:

How long have you been on hornfans? You should know by now it's never "all time". :smile1: Seriously though I wasn't bought into coach K but he's making me a believer. Yesterday that defense was pretty dominating.

aggie and the Irish did not look good yesterday Irish OL is not very good which made aggie d look good. Aggie offense looked lost. The heat bothered aggie worse than the Irish. aggie conditioning was noticeably bad.

and this from Texags...

IceAg08
8:50a

AG

"Why do y'all think we'd show the whole playbook week 1 against some non conference jerks? We're in it to win the SEC and secure that playoff spot. The rest is just a glorified practice."

and this from Texags...

IceAg08
8:50a

AG

"Why do y'all think we'd show the whole playbook week 1 against some non conference jerks? We're in it to win the SEC and secure that playoff spot. The rest is just a glorified practice."
I have met brainwashed Aggies, Aggies that are there because they can't get into Texas, old Ags that die before the "return of 39", but this guy (if he really is an Aggie and not a troll) may be the only one dumber than Rick Perry, his best friend, or the people that hired Jimbo, Elko, Copter boy.

Those earthquakes out in Hermleigh, aren't really earthquakes, that Claytie spinning (not rolling) over in his grave at the stupidity of the Aggie brass.

aggie and the Irish did not look good yesterday Irish OL is not very good which made aggie d look good. Aggie offense looked lost. The heat bothered aggie worse than the Irish. aggie conditioning was noticeably bad.
They've got big troubles at aTm.

Crappy QB play
Incompetent offensive play calling
Undisciplined play
Choking
Dropping easy catches
Poor conditioning

They look like a 7-5 team. Maybe even 6-6 or worse.

Their saving grace -- they're decent enough in the trenches.

Really? Concerning?
Both teams (nd and atm) are considerably better than csu and thats not Texas fault, just how the cards landed. But watching both of those teams d, it was easy to see a much more disruptive defense. CSU doesnt have the horses to tell if we have a solid D or not. Yes we shutout an inferior opponent and in years past, we would not have done that so kudos to Texas as that is a welcome change. Now is that because we are better (in some factors absolutly) and/or was CSU as bad as they looked and Desoto or Duncanville could have shut them out. We shall see next week. I did not see any skill players on either team last night to match what Texas has on offense (atm's rb is pretty good) so I am expecting Texas to put up points. I have no idea what to expect from our D other than I didnt see scary offensive results from ND. I quit watching at 13-13 so ND found something after that. I know you love pk and you know I dont but we do not have a dominant middle dline like last year and that concerns me. In 6 more days, we will have the answer.

Legend,

I am far more concerned about the OL than the defense, neither has me celebrating with a bottle of Silver Oak.

Legend,

I am far more concerned about the OL than the defense, neither has me celebrating with a bottle of Silver Oak.
Have to admit I was a little surprised our OL didnt just dominate. Those 2 Jake Majors penalties were out of character but its the first game. We should have had a much better showing given 4 returning OL. As I stated, CSU was a very very weak team. Next week will be a bench mark for sure on both teams. I still think our weapons on offense lend us to be in any game. Now can our d keep it from being a track meet. I just dont see michigan being a throwing threat. We have assets on the back end. What we dont have is a pressure dline. Someone else posted that Hill and Gbenda are closers for sure. Saturday cant get here soon enough!!!

The first team OL was opening gaping holes in the first half.
What’s so funny about that. Watch the film. You could drive a Mack truck through a lot of those holes. Good blocking by our OL yesterday.

I guess I missed all those 20-30 yard pickups, but then that overaged 3A defense we were playing was tough. The OL better gut up and man up before Saturday morning. It's going to be cold (low 60s) and possibly wet and they aren't going to be facing a bunch of Cisco Juco rejects.

Great improvement can be made in this week, and I'm hoping to see it.

Actually an O line post here:

I like the way we pull linemen a lot. Even our biggest OL can move and are effective on the pull.

This will come in handy and give us an advantage against the rare physically superior D front.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back