Coach PK & the mighty Texas D + the Return of DBU!!!!!!!!

Instead of this, I saw a couple of pathetic offenses.
Based on every team I watched this weekend, A&M's D was the second-best we'll face. They have so much more speed and power than Michigan. UGA's is comparable to A&M's but seems to be in a better-fitting scheme for the most part.

It's tough to tell anything about OU, Ark, Miss St, or UK because they played ****** teams. Billy Napier will probably be fired by the time we play UF so I'm not worried about them.

and this from Texags...

IceAg08
8:50a

AG

"Why do y'all think we'd show the whole playbook week 1 against some non conference jerks? We're in it to win the SEC and secure that playoff spot. The rest is just a glorified practice."
That does it. I'm clearing out the bank & putting ALL my $ on aggy to win, place AND show.

The DBs are looking solid. Very, very solid.

DBU may be more than just a small Baptist college in Dallas once again.

:bevo::bevo::bevo::bevo:

The DBs are looking solid. Very, very solid.

DBU may be more than just a small Baptist college in Dallas once again.

:bevo::bevo::bevo::bevo:
The rumor is that the school in South Dallas has changed to DCU because they are tired of being confused with the defensive room in Neuhaus Royal

Actually an O line post here:

I like the way we pull linemen a lot. Even our biggest OL can move and are effective on the pull.

This will come in handy and give us an advantage against the rare physically superior D front.
Center and guards pulling in misdirection rpo is a special capability. That play, run smoothly as it was Saturday, will blister a good defense more than the poor CSU defense. There’ll be some jocks around ankles from UM.

Too big, too fast, too well coached

Let's see if the OL can even move them off the ball, then try to get "cute"

Yeah Sabre I’m with you on this but double my concern onto our defense interior as well. I will not be convinced our new folks are the replacements we need to be as good as last year until we see what they can do against Mich.

Yeah Sabre I’m with you on this but double my concern onto our defense interior as well. I will not be convinced our new folks are the replacements we need to be as good as last year until we see what they can do against Mich.
Broughton, Collins and Lole should hold up just fine. The big test is #s 4, 5, and 6. We rotate A LOT at these positions.

If our LB group isn't #1 in the conference, it's #2 or #3.

- nose for the ball.......A
- closing speed............A+++
- tackling......................A
- pass coverage...........A-

To be honest, Casey Hampton & Shaun Rogers and Sweat & Murphy were the 2 best defensive tackle pairings in my lifetime. Both were generational talents. I HOPE to see their equal before I meet my Maker, but I don't really expect to see that quality pairing again. I'll be happy to have a d-tackle rotation that comes close. We may not know how good this iteration is until mid-conference play.

Last edited:
Shearer and McMichael but they only played together for one year.
We've had faster DTs, and guys with plenty more sacks, but when it comes to a STRONG MAN in the middle who throws aside blockers like rag dolls and basically cannot be blocked at the college level, I know of none better in the burnt orange than Brad Shearer his Senior year. Casey Hampton was of the same mold and in the same class. Shearer and McMichael played back in the days of S&C Trainer Dana LeDuc and the absurd #s on our linemens' bench press, squat, and dead lift charts.

I think knee issues limited Shearer to just a few years in the NFL.
McMichael's stance in college was "long"/elongated (a long ways from his hands on the turf to his toes on the turf), while Shearer's was compact.

Between Dana and Craven, we were the best conditioned and strongest team in college football. Craven was incredible when it came to rehab. I suffered for five years from a spinal problem that nobody could diagnose. Wasn't a daily or predictable thing, just happened occasionally, but when it did, I blacked out. Craven talked to me about it, set me up a special rehab 2-3 times a week for about 20 minutes each. That's been a long time ago, and I've never had a recurrence since my freshman year.

Charles also designed a breathing treatment for asthmatics. A breathing exercise three times a weak. Better than any medication ever prescribed. I think that was part of his Masters or Doctoral study.

Speaking of DT's and not having Sweat and Murphy anymore, the one thing of UM that scares me is Orji becoming Donavon Smith. CSU was supposed to suck at running but they moved the ball against Texas. If UM can play ball control running and if Texas coughs the ball up a couple of times giving them a short field it could result in a L.

I'd have to see an incredible improvement in their passing though for that to scare me.

We've had faster DTs, and guys with plenty more sacks, but when it comes to a STRONG MAN in the middle who throws aside blockers like rag dolls and basically cannot be blocked at the college level, I know of none better in the burnt orange than Brad Shearer his Senior year. Casey Hampton was of the same mold and in the same class. Shearer and McMichael played back in the days of S&C Trainer Dana LeDuc and the absurd #s on our linemens' bench press, squat, and dead lift charts.

I think knee issues limited Shearer to just a few years in the NFL.
McMichael's stance in college was "long"/elongated (a long ways from his hands on the turf to his toes on the turf), while Shearer's was compact.
Shearer and I played on the same defense..WHS ‘72. We were barely 2A. There were some games when he was in the backfield so quickly that the rest of the defense was left with very little to do.

Shearer and I played on the same defense..WHS ‘72. We were barely 2A. There were some games when he was in the backfield so quickly that the rest of the defense was left with very little to do.
Good job of occupying the attention of the entire O-line to free up Brad.

They never saw it coming.

Last edited:
Good job of occupying the attention of the entire On-line to free up Brad.

They never saw it coming.
I was the strong side corner so all I had to do was valiantly cover a receiver or tight end for half a second and the play was over.

We won the line of scrimmage, and the secondary was exceptional.

And Michigan is a good offense.

If Blackwell didn't forget how to use his arms the last drive, we would have held them out of the end zone.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back