Coach PK & the mighty Texas D + the Return of DBU!!!!!!!!

Chop, not sure I would call Michigan a good offense just yet. Having said that Pk took away what they want to do and do well. The back 5-6 are much better than last year. Mubukta(sp?) is really good.

I would encourage you to tap the breaks just a tad. Michigan is not even a top 25 team. They are ranked based on last year and have 2 poor showings so they should drop out completely. We have really good talent at DB but the bend but don't break defense scheme is just not great. We have played 2 super weak teams so its not been a problem so far. I am yet to see elite speed from our team but I think we might have some?

Yes, I am greedy so I want a Muschamp in your face d and thats just not pk's style. Its pretty easy to see how spoiled we were to have the 2 DTs we had last year because this year is not even a fair comparison to Murphy and Sweat. Hoping what we have is serviceable this year. We left too many points on the field today but a W is always good!!!

Michigan is in the Top 10. Sportswriters and Coaches agree. Michigan’s ground game has been pumped up as scary. They won their first game by 20 points or so.

Great win in what was expected by most to be a close game with two top 10 teams.

Coach PK has finally gotten his players in and coached them up. You get 3-4 years to build. He has built a formidable structure.

We are DBU once again!

I would encourage you to tap the breaks just a tad. Michigan is not even a top 25 team. They are ranked based on last year and have 2 poor showings so they should drop out completely. We have really good talent at DB but the bend but don't break defense scheme is just not great. We have played 2 super weak teams so its not been a problem so far. I am yet to see elite speed from our team but I think we might have some?

Yes, I am greedy so I want a Muschamp in your face d and thats just not pk's style. Its pretty easy to see how spoiled we were to have the 2 DTs we had last year because this year is not even a fair comparison to Murphy and Sweat. Hoping what we have is serviceable this year. We left too many points on the field today but a W is always good!!!
I would say our D made Michigan O look like they are not a top 10 team.

UM may have one of the worst offenses Texas will play all season. Let's not get too excited until we play a defense against a QB who can throw the ball better than Rob Moerschell.

Definitely michigan is not as good as advertised. I knew they wouldnt be. Lost too many people and they cant cheat like they did last year. But we beat a team with good athletes anyway.

The critical side of me says insufficient pass pressure is a worrisome concern but the first half offense was awesome and our Dbs did a great job. Way to bring it Horns.

We best be careful next week against UTSA. I saw where Willie McCoy was on their team. He’s even mentioned in a song:
Well, outta south Alabama came a country boy
He said I'm lookin' for a man named Jim
I am a pool shootin' boy
My name's Willie McCoy
But down home, they call me Slim
Yeah, I'm lookin' for the king of 42nd street
He drivin' a drop top cadillac
Last week, he took all my money
And it may sound funny
But I come to get my money back
And everybody say, Jack uh, don't you know…

Just sayin’

We won the line of scrimmage, and the secondary was exceptional.

And Michigan is a good offense.
Our D played well today. They really did. But Mich is not a good offense yet.
They are a work in progress.
Maybe by the ninth or tenth game, when their QUARTERBACK and receivers develop chemistry they will be a better than average offense.

Michigan is in the Top 10. Sportswriters and Coaches agree. Michigan’s ground game has been pumped up as scary. They won their first game by 20 points or so.

Great win in what was expected by most to be a close game with two top 10 teams.

Coach PK has finally gotten his players in and coached them up. You get 3-4 years to build. He has built a formidable structure.

We are DBU once again!
Cant argue about the ranking of Michigan coming into today but I know of no one who believed that ranking. They were lucky to win last week against a super weak team. They lost way to many people from last year. I would also say Sark had a good game plan to exploit a pretty weak Michigan defense. When their 2 big dt's came out, they were not the same team.

Texas has a very solid team. I am not sure we can outscore everyone but we have the horses to try.

T-shirts are now sold out. Koozies—-long gone.

We’re having to turn away droves of people at the door.

Nice point counterpoint by all. My remaining thoughts.
1} Quinn looked cool and confident in another big game.
2) The offense played against Mich Defense specifically on every play.
3) The defense played to beat Mich. strenghts.
4) Mich. was out coached on both sides
5)aggie < ND < NIU
6) No Sec team has a better out of conference win(s) than Texas
7) This win and the fan support at the big house will help w recruiting now and going forward.
8) Oregon plays OSU and no one else
9) Georgia plays Bama soon. Bama up by one at home on USF!
10) Texas won in big house, fans showed up, team sang the Eyes, Defense tackled. Alot.

Do you find as the season approaches you care less and less abour the former Big 12?

WE'RE DOOMED!!

We best be careful next week against UTSA. I saw where Willie McCoy was on their team. He’s even mentioned in a song:
Well, outta south Alabama came a country boy
He said I'm lookin' for a man named Jim
I am a pool shootin' boy
My name's Willie McCoy
But down home, they call me Slim
Yeah, I'm lookin' for the king of 42nd street
He drivin' a drop top cadillac
Last week, he took all my money
And it may sound funny
But I come to get my money back
And everybody say, Jack uh, don't you know…

Just sayin’
UTSA got their a** handed to them today by Texas State.

Kinne making sure anybody coming to talk to his old coach in HS, stops by Hayes County to visit with him

We are DBU once again!
Michigan was in the top ten. they are not now. Our offense drove the ball into scoring position every drive in the first half. This wore their vaunted defense down. Our offense could have scored more by Sark dialed it back in the 2nd half.
UM has talented players, but inexperience on offense made them no match for the Horns. Their O line has very little experience playing together. They haven't come near jelling yet. When they do, they might be good. Nothing more needs to be said about their young QB.

The one thing that really stood out to me today defensively was tackling...Well, I guess two things - the second thing was that our players were almost always in the right place to make a tackle. Oh, I mean three things - aggressiveness. This team was swarming the ball. They looked well-prepared. Texas's offense looked good in the first half and had some really weird short drives in the second half. I thought the defense carried the day and was the more consistent unit.

Hat tip to PK and the defense today. Michigan hasn't been an easy team to beat in a very long time, especially at home.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back