Coach PK & the mighty Texas D + the Return of DBU!!!!!!!!

With our swarming, hard hitting, wrapping up, and open field tackling skills, we’re basically tackling like a Royal-era team.

Chop
It was very impressive to see so many players swarm to the ball carrier. Kinda saw it during game but watching replay of game, you go Wow.

I'm not saying PK is perfect or super fantastic. I do think we're seeing an improvement when we have high performing CBs and DEs.

All that to say, he's a really good coach.

So fun to watch these talented young guys come in and make plays and get their confidence going. This program is getting fit.

Another good performance by PK and the D. Lots of pressures and some sacks. A very limited number of big plays given up. Mostly good tackling. Lots of 3 and outs.

Only gave up 7 measly points all game.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

We look great on D. Seem to be a little weaker in the middle of the line, which makes sense. Edge and backs look really solid.

Between Dana and Craven, we were the best conditioned and strongest team in college football. Craven was incredible when it came to rehab. I suffered for five years from a spinal problem that nobody could diagnose. Wasn't a daily or predictable thing, just happened occasionally, but when it did, I blacked out. Craven talked to me about it, set me up a special rehab 2-3 times a week for about 20 minutes each. That's been a long time ago, and I've never had a recurrence since my freshman year.

Charles also designed a breathing treatment for asthmatics. A breathing exercise three times a weak. Better than any medication ever prescribed. I think that was part of his Masters or Doctoral study.
When I was attending UT from '70-'74, Coach Craven taught the 7:30 AM Handball class which I was enrolled in for three semesters. He was a very good man, down to earth, humble and a great mentor.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back