Boyer' open letter to Kaepernick

The Collusion News Network smugly and adamantly answered 'NO' to every one of those questions over the last year or so. :smile1: Which naturally means the Libs agreed 100% with their position on all of them.

And of course it was the media, as per usual, who got excited when Trump began to comment on the flag squatting.

Our POTUS called the players "son's of *******" and said the owners should "fire" them for the purpose of an applause line in a campaign...errr...rally speech. That's the medias fault? If that's "normal" POTUS behavior that should be ignored then Trump supporters may truly be a lost cause.

you know the purpose of that line?

Meh. Don't act like an SOB ... don't get identified as one. If your cause is noble and just, don't worry about being called an SOB. Just sayin.

AFA lost causes ... that's clearly evident in the false narrative folks ... I mean, big govt pushers.

Let me give a couple of quick examples. As you read them, keep in mind that the same posters who dont think the flag kneeling has had any effect on NFL ratings were on the wrong side of these too --
-- Can Trump win the primary?
-- Can Trump beat Hillary?
-- Did the Access Hollywood tape kill Trump's chances?
-- Will Trump do what he said he was going to do (on those things he can control)?
-- Has there ever been any cases of proven voter fraud in the US? (lol)
-- Will the UK vote for Brexit?

Remember, facts dont care about your feelings.

Yep. The liberal media is feeding people crap on a daily basis that's causing too many people to live in an alternate reality that doesn't exist. Critical thinking is dead in this country. I can give you a few examples from what I've seen today. One where after the terrorist attack today I've seen people more concerned about the Islamophobia fallout than the victims and their families. Two, I've seen people blaming the U.S. for the attack today because of our presence in the Middle East. I guess these people haven't read the history of Islam. However, do you remember after 9/11 how we came together as a country? That wouldn't happen today because the media has dumbed-down too many people in this country.

However, do you remember after 9/11 how we came together as a country? That wouldn't happen today because the media has dumbed-down too many people in this country.

That's no joke and very disconcerting for sure.

Look at Vegas. The worst mass shooting in our history and lag time for political grandstanding on gun control to dominate the news cycle took a day or two.

1000's are/were suffering from direct involvement or indirect family/friend involvement with an atrocious act of violence causing mass injury and death.

These are our fellow Americans living through fear, confusion, and sorrow. Yet a day or two later all you hear is gun control this, NRA that. Sickening.

As if reform talk couldn't wait a week or two while decent human beings unbiasedly supported our wounded during a monumental tragedy.

Leftist politicians and MSM are sick puppies with no scruples. Once again it boils down to most living a Godless existence, IMHO. If one's own morals won't stop them from such disgusting behavior, one simply is rejecting God.

Last edited:
indeed many of us were ... long before Trump became the GOP nominee, even.

But hey ... we can't disrupt a good narrative, MB!

It's true. What Trump said took it to another level but I believe everyone had formed their opinions long before that...

That's no joke and very disconcerting for sure.

Look at Vegas. The worst mass shooting in our history and lag time for political grandstanding on gun control to dominate the news cycle took a day or two.

1000's are/were suffering from direct involvement or indirect family/friend involvement with an atrocious act of violence causing mass injury and death.

These are our fellow Americans living through fear, confusion, and sorrow. Yet a day or two later all you hear is gun control this, NRA that. Sickening.

As if reform talk couldn't wait a week or two while decent human beings unbiasedly supported our wounded during a monumental tragedy.

Leftist politicians and MSM are sick puppies with no scruples. Once again it boils down to most living a Godless existence, IMHO. If one's own morals won't stop them from such disgusting behavior, one simply is rejecting God.

Political reaction to a tragedy is not a liberal / conservative thing, and it isn’t inherently inappropriate. Depending on your political leanings, you may consider one reaction to be more or less reasonable than another, but that doesn’t make it inappropriate.

Consider 9/11. The WTC towers were still smoldering, and people were demanding changes to immigration policy. That was not at all disrespectful to the victims. Nor was calling for gun control after the Vegas shootings.

Consider 9/11. The WTC towers were still smoldering, and people were demanding changes to immigration policy. That was not at all disrespectful to the victims. Nor was calling for gun control after the Vegas shootings.

non sequiter. Immigration directly contributed to losing 3500 Americans. (sorta like the NY terrorist attack just today!)

Calling for gun control as if it would have even mitigated let alone prevented anything is a fools errand ... never mind UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

non sequiter. Immigration directly contributed to losing 3500 Americans. (sorta like the NY terrorist attack just today!)

Calling for gun control as if it would have even mitigated let alone prevented anything is a fools errand ... never mind UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

That’s a substantive analysis of the political position. I by and large agree with you, by the way.

But an analysis of the political position has no bearing on whether staking out the position in the wake of a tragedy is disrespectful.

@NJlonghorn

OK ... so it's a time function after the tragedy difference?

We were dragging bodies out of WTC 6-8 months after the event. Waiting for the memorials to be "complete" would have been irresponsible.

shootings haven't required NEARLY that much time to process the crime scene.

What makes the efforts disrespectful is the degree to which they are relevant and proper. So I submit, the analysis isn't exclusive of respect degree.

Glad to hear you support the 2A.

It's diversion.

Nope. It's just an observation about the attitudes presented by you all. No, it's not literally about Trump's cock, but it is about his significance and "rightness." Suggesting that Trump and the protests aren't the only factors diminishes Trump's significance. That pisses you all off.

Lastly, it once again, showed Trump correctly had the pulse of the majority of the people.

He did. I made that exact point in this very thread.

While some issues discussed here are just opinion -- no right or wrong answer, other discussions do have measurable results down the line. Which allow us to see who was correct and who was not.

And this isn't one of them.

keep in mind that the same posters who dont think the flag kneeling has had any effect on NFL ratings

What posters have said the flag kneeling has had no effect on NFL ratings?

What posters have said the flag kneeling has had no effect on NFL ratings?
SeattleHusker seems convinced it's this "cord cutting" phenom which has caused ratings to drop and not the NFL player misbehavior.

???

Granted I live rurally and therefore have only RECENTLY been availed unlimited data on my wireless internet (though still only 3-5 mb/s) ... but that's not a thing with anyone I know around here ... (though the YouTube TV sounded interesting, but probably not plausible for us)

Anyhow ... IF ... the "cord cutting" is a major factor, seems to me that'd only validate the change. I think "Barry" has tried to separate the two also ... kneeling/ratings.

Once again ... they've bought-into a lie about cops nationwide, but for the (10%) of the point which may be true, disregard the basis which is the crime stats relative to population stats ...

then ... they accepted as proper a sign of disrespect to the very nation which has provided them this truly incredible opportunity.

Finally ... they perform this disrespect while allegedly being part of something more than themselves. Supposing to represent the views of the greater organization, and they don't (even if that organization is failing miserably to discipline this behavior)

Just simply poor form ... poor thinking ... too much victimized feeling. Nothing good about it. The NFL can fold for all I care. Go get a real job.

It's diversion. They always do this when their argument runs dry. While a penis diversion is novel if not overly revealing of a particular mindset, if you think about it, it does sort of partner well with Deez Nutz.

And of course it was the media, as per usual, who got excited when Trump began to comment on the flag squatting. By this time, almost all Americans aware of the issue had already made up their minds where they stood. As had posters here. It's pretty silly to think otherwise. Lastly, it once again, showed Trump correctly had the pulse of the majority of the people. As I argued above, I dont think it took a genius to figure it out but he still gets credit for figuring it out while the NFL continues to flounder. Nonetheless, as you correctly pointed out, Trump was after the fact.

One more part I was thinking about in the immediate context of this board is the clear division among the same cast of characters. While some issues discussed here are just opinion -- no right or wrong answer, other discussions do have measurable results down the line. Which allow us to see who was correct and who was not.

Let me give a couple of quick examples. As you read them, keep in mind that the same posters who dont think the flag kneeling has had any effect on NFL ratings were on the wrong side of these too --
-- Can Trump win the primary?
-- Can Trump beat Hillary?
-- Did the Access Hollywood tape kill Trump's chances?
-- Will Trump do what he said he was going to do (on those things he can control)?
-- Has there ever been any cases of proven voter fraud in the US? (lol)
-- Will the UK vote for Brexit?

Remember, facts dont care about your feelings.
The whole 2 year old uranium story is the biggest diversion out there.

IDK if I've mentioned this in the thread or not ... and I've deliberated on whether to bring this to the discussion, but I think it IS relevant as the thesis for this book is fundamental to the point here.

A guy named Colin Flaherty. He's on YouTube, too. However, I just bought his book "Don't Make the Black Kids Angry" ... he addresses a cultural progression of which I've been basically unaware. There are black preachers which are also on YouTube addressing this very thing ...

But it's clear we are accepting criminal behavior as "normal" for this segment of our population where 70% of these kids have no father in their lives. It's resulted in the crime stats ... and it's been happening so long ... there are NFL players who feel emboldened to continue not only on the blotters, but in these ridiculous protests.

Flame on.

The whole 2 year old uranium story is the biggest diversion out there.

I think the bottom-line on that story is the anecdotal evidence of a quid pro quo is enough to prove hypocrisy on the part of the Left because there is no doubt had it been a Republican the cries of treason would be loud and long coming from the Left.

Nope. It's just an observation about the attitudes presented by you all. ...

How Harvey of you. Trying to inject penises into everything that you see or that bothers you is much more than "observing" other peoples. What it unwitting does is allow everyone else to observe what is going on inside of you. And it is a little dark. But to each his own.

obligatory
Screen_Shot_2013-06-07_at_12.33.20_PM.png

No kneeling at the World Series.

That was good. The country needs more of that

As a cyclist, I could barely stomach the pics of that pile of bicycles yesterday. I had an actual physical reaction. If a dude in truck is going to try to run me down, there is not too much I can do about it

IDK if I've mentioned this in the thread or not ... and I've deliberated on whether to bring this to the discussion, but I think it IS relevant as the thesis for this book is fundamental to the point here.

A guy named Colin Flaherty. He's on YouTube, too. However, I just bought his book "Don't Make the Black Kids Angry" ... he addresses a cultural progression of which I've been basically unaware. There are black preachers which are also on YouTube addressing this very thing ...

But it's clear we are accepting criminal behavior as "normal" for this segment of our population where 70% of these kids have no father in their lives. It's resulted in the crime stats ... and it's been happening so long ... there are NFL players who feel emboldened to continue not only on the blotters, but in these ridiculous protests.

Flame on.

I'm not a sociologist but I play one on TV. To stipulate that 70% of black kids have no father figure then it stands to reason that they will instinctively seek one out. That is where the arguments about whether or not star professional athletes are role models or not. I say they are. So which one's are the most visible. That becomes the question. And which one do they admire? The one who scores the most touchdowns or a back-up quarterback kneeling on the sidelines? Are Colin Kaepernick, Michael Bennett, Russell Okung, Eric Reid, Duane Brown et al the role model? We have seen high school and younger black football teams kneeling during the anthem. They are being told this is how they should act and think to a set of facts that are being fed to them; regardless of the actual truth. This reality and role model effect is very different than what my children are experiencing. What they see is THEIR REAL FATHER in their lives, everyday, talking about honesty, working hard, trying to be kind (ok I need work on that when I'm posting on the internet), being respectful etc. It's not an activist example; it's just take care of your own business because no matter if you kneel or not, who is going to pay your rent? I think the black kids who look up to Kaep are only seeing a very narrow view of their role as a black human being in America and that narrow view very possibly can be the only view they adopt and unfortunately it will only result in the further division of our country.

Unfortunately, it might make a young black kid feel good to say FU to white people. Any white person. I'm afraid that is what they are being led to do. That is why I cringe when Hollywood releases another movie or TV series that focuses on slavery and Jim Crow. I know we need to be aware of our history but it just seems that all it does is create more hatred. My two white children can only stand by while a new generation of black children learns to hate them. This is not to feel sorry for my children; it's only a fact that I feel is all too real.

Last edited:
The Collusion News Network smugly and adamantly answered 'NO' to every one of those questions over the last year or so. :smile1: Which naturally means the Libs agreed 100% with their position on all of them.

That is true but I would add one more thing which was part of the election side of all of this. This still bothers me too.

Why were the polls so wrong?
This question has never been satisfactorily answered.
OK, they over sampled Dems, but why did they over sample Dems?
It seems intentional. But I cant prove it. If it is true then they were struck by the law of unintended consequences as they may have suppressed the HRC vote instead of the DJT vote.

That is true but I would add one more thing which was part of the election side of all of this. This still bothers me too.

Why were the polls so wrong?
This question has never been satisfactorily answered.
OK, they over sampled Dems, but why did they over sample Dems?
It seems intentional. But I cant prove it. If it is true then they were struck by the law of unintended consequences as they may have suppressed the HRC vote instead of the DJT vote.

I'm VERY CYNICAL. I believe in my heart that the networks are not simply analyzing data gathered in a completely unbiased manner. It is my firm belief that they are in fact attempting to influence voting patterns.

....Critical thinking is dead in this country.....

I think about this too. Sometimes I agree, sometimes I dont.
I take the position critical thinking does exist, as it must. The issue is that it just does not make it to the public. As soon as someone says something one side doesnt like, they get shut down, protested or censored. The critical thinker faces the heckler's veto.
I think this is the issue more than a complete lack of critical thinking.
The protestors and other censors do not want critical thinking they disagree with to exist in the public sector. Indeed, they fear it.

I'm not a sociologist but I play one on TV. To stipulate that 70% of black kids have no father figure then it stands to reason that they will instinctively seek one out. That is where the arguments about whether or not star professional athletes are role models or not. I say they are. So which one's are the most visible. That becomes the question. And which one do they admire? The one who scores the most touchdowns or a back-up quarterback kneeling on the sidelines? Are Colin Kaepernick, Michael Bennett, Russell Okung, Eric Reid, Duane Brown et al the role model? We have seen high school and younger black football teams kneeling during the anthem. They are being told this is how they should act and think to a set of facts that are being fed to them; regardless of the actual truth. This reality and role model effect is very different than what my children are experiencing. What they see is THEIR REAL FATHER in their lives, everyday, talking about honesty, working hard, trying to be kind (ok I need work on that when I'm posting on the internet), being respectful etc. It's not an activist example; it's just take care of your own business because no matter if you kneel or not, who is going to pay your rent? I think the black kids who look up to Kaep are only seeing a very narrow view of their role as a black human being in America and that narrow view very possibly can be the only view they adopt and unfortunately it will only result in the further division of our country.

Unfortunately, it might make a young black kid feel good to say FU to white people. Any white person. I'm afraid that is what they are being led to do. That is why I cringe when Hollywood releases another movie or TV series that focuses on slavery and Jim Crow. I know we need to be aware of our history but it just seems that all it does is create more hatred. My two white children can only stand by while a new generation of black children learns to hate them. This is not to feel sorry for my children; it's only a fact that I feel is all too real.
There's some reasonable stuff in there. I don't concur at the 100% rate but pretty closely.

.... However, do you remember after 9/11 how we came together as a country? That wouldn't happen today because the media has dumbed-down too many people in this country.

I suspect the next one of these (no doubt they are trying) we will see dancing in the streets in the US the same way we saw in the West Bank, Gaza and parts of Jordan back on 9/11..

Can anyone see the Antifa openly expressing sympathy to dead Americans killed by terrorists? It seems much more likely that they will be screaming that you deserved it. Westboro on steroids.

I believe in my heart that the networks are not simply analyzing data gathered in a completely unbiased manner.

Of this there is no doubt ... but on the other hand ... there is GROSS incompetence in the media. My favorite example of this is of CNN's Malaysia 777 loss in May 14

BREAKING NEWS

"THE 777 STRUGGLES TO MAINTAIN ALTITUDE ONCE THE FUEL TANKS ARE EMPTY"

SMH.

I worked with a guy at Robert Mueller, when I had a valid UT student ID, who actually taught me a lot even though I thought he was a bit of a goofball at the time; "Al, I take whatever the media, politicians, management, used car salesmen, insurance salesmen say ... invert it ... and almost always I have something closer to the truth" Perkovic did a good impression of Nixon "I am not a crook" ... but anyhow.

The motive is certainly there ... but as JoeFan suggested ... they did not achieve the desired result.

after having followed Flaherty for a little while, I've seen where the media is omitting more instances of black youth violence ... but don't make 'em angry! We'll get kneeling protestors ... and a defense of that action! UGGHHH!

To stipulate that 70% of black kids have no father figure then it stands to reason that they will instinctively seek one out.
ABSOLUTELY THEY WILL ... any of us would. So who's responsible for these fatherless kids? It's not the kids ... although at some point the boy becomes an adult. He knows the difference between right and wrong and is responsible for his own actions ... however many times in the slammer it takes ... he'll learn. What does he choose?

I'm not a sociologist either ... but this stat is pretty well confirmed and it's a TRAVESTY. Worse ... we excuse it culturally ... and even in the law enforcement. (Let 'em burn it)

There's some reasonable stuff in there. I don't concur at the 100% rate but pretty closely.

It's just a sketch of a possible scenario that is occurring with some black children in this country. I have a black friend at work (that always sounds bad doesn't it? I have black friends is the white comment that appears defensive) and he told me he had "the police talk" with his children more than once (and yes, he is married to their mother and is raising his children just like I raise mine) and the guidance is to be respectful. BUT, if I remember correctly, he also may have told them they are at risk with the police because they are black. That is his reality. That is what he believes. That is what his children are being taught. And the thing is, my friend is extremely friendly, quick to laugh and is a good listener. But his world is different than mine.

Political reaction to a tragedy is not a liberal / conservative thing,.....

I disgree somewhat. Conservatives are much more likely to show respect for the recently dead.

Below is the memory that always stuck in my head. i dont know if you ever watched the funeral/memorial for Paul Wellsone? Disgusting political spectacle while the body was still warm. I may remember it more because Wellstone was one of my best friend's profs at Carleton -- he was always adamant Wellstone was his best prof ever.

Last edited:
he also may have told them they are at risk with the police

At risk of what? being detained simply because they are black?

That may very well be ... but don't stop there. CONTINUE to educate. WHY are they more likely to be detained? Because they are part of the 30% of black kids who have their father. So understand what you initially represent to an officer and make it abundantly clear YOU are not a threat to them. THEN you can expect to be treated as you would like to be treated. BOW up at em "because you're black" and you'll be treated that way.

I hope he's not suggesting they are at a greater risk of being shot by cops simply because they are black. That's patently FALSE.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back