Boyer' open letter to Kaepernick

"ESPN Can’t Afford Monday Night Football Any More"

In the month of October ESPN lost over 15,000 subscribers a day in October per the latest Nielson estimates.

15,000 a day!
https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn-cant-afford-monday-night-football/
ESPN's 15,000/day has NOTHING to do with politics. It has to do with cord cutting. My wife wants to. I'm fighting her off for access to sports. Direct dropped my monthly bill from $105 to $51 when I called them to move my service back in after a house fire due to "loyalty" as I've been with them for 16 months. I did not ask them to cut me by more than 50%. They did it on their own. I thought it odd.

The reason why I made the remark is that you all are arguing this as though someone insulted your junk rather than as though someone disagreed with you. It's not enough for someone to agree that the protests and Trump's mouth are significant factors. They are, and I've discussed them in this very there's. However, to appease the Rumpers one has to basically reject or virtually reject all other possible factors without evidence.[

We're getting ticked because you people keep giving lame *** excuses for something that is very obvious. Btw, you're the one that keeps bringing up Trump, not us. I think I know what's going on here. You are afraid to admit the obvious that it's the protests because you are deathly terrified of Trump getting an ounce of credit for it. To be honest I don't think Trump had a lot of effect. The protests were already blowing and going. However, you're letting your dislike for Trump cloud your judgement on this matter. As far as the difference between the college game doing well and the pro's decline I think you need to embrace Occam's Razor to get the answer.

The issue is that a certain segment of the NFL players have accepted a lie ... and then have been convinced they should choose to act inappropriately upon that lie.

ESPN's 15,000/day has NOTHING to do with politics. It has to do with cord cutting. My wife wants to. I'm fighting her off for access to sports. Direct dropped my monthly bill from $105 to $51 when I called them to move my service back in after a house fire due to "loyalty" as I've been with them for 16 months. I did not ask them to cut me by more than 50%. They did it on their own. I thought it odd.

FS1, which doesn't show any NFL games actually had a GREATER subscriber loss than ESPN per my post above. It the ignoring of facts like that that undercut the the argument that is being beat to death that nearly all ESPN subscriber losses and NFL ratings/attendance downturn are a result of the "elephant in the room" of the protests. The data is inconclusive at best that it is an "elephant in the room".

The issue is that a certain segment of the NFL players have accepted a lie ... and then have been convinced they should choose to act inappropriately upon that lie.

Their perception is a "lie"? Could it be that there experience and knowledge is different informing their perception?

I find it rather appalling that the politards blame everyone as only being upset because Trump is upset. The left always overlooks that MANY that don't care for the SJW practices actually have functioning brains and are more than capable of thinking for ourselves. We would have been pissed at the kneeling crap even if the POTUS had remained mum on the subject...

I think you missed his point. @Seattle Husker's photo is from 2012, and the article he linked to was talking about how attendance was on the decline. The way I read it, he was asking whether the decline in season ticket sales in 2012 was due to the kneeling that occurred in 2015-17.

Or maybe I just read too much into his post, lol.

Ratings and attendance have been slightly on the decline for some time for a variety of reasons. It was a small test to see if anyone noticed the article was from 2012.

I'll stand by my stance that though the kneeling has had an impact on ratings/attendance (afterall, surely there are a few "snowflakes" that were so upset to turn off/not attend a game) it's NOT the "elephant in the room" impact that some seem so intent on beating everyone into submission with.

it's NOT the "elephant in the room" impact that some seem so intent on beating everyone into submission with.

au contraire...it IS a reason many have elected to quit watching and attending. I've watched very little this year and even quit betting the games despite the fact that the NFL has historically been profitable for me.

But, at least now you get to deal with the cancer that has been excised from the Texans roster. Enjoy the rancor Duane Brown creates for YOUR team...

I was not a Texans fan but was sick of the nonsense locally. With that politard gone, maybe now the local media can just get back to the fact that the team finally has a QB but still lacks the GM worth a damn.

au contraire...it IS a reason many have elected to quit watching and attending. I've watched very little this year and even quit betting the games despite the fact that the NFL has historically been profitable for me.

But, at least now you get to deal with the cancer that has been excised from the Texans roster. Enjoy the rancor Duane Brown creates for YOUR team...

I was not a Texans fan but was sick of the nonsense locally. With that politard gone, maybe now the local media can just get back to the fact that the team finally has a QB but still lacks the GM worth a damn.

OK. So you have stopped watching/gambling the NFL. I've never stated that some haven't stopped watching. Did you stop watching last year when Kaepernick started this or when Trump blew the whistle?

Given Seattle's OL situation and ability to embrace "cancers" from other teams and still play well, I'll take our chances. Our current starting LT came into the season hoping to compete for playing time at Guard as a 2nd year player who was a 5th round pick. He replaced an injured George Fant who was an 2nd year player who was an undrafted player that played all of 16 snaps at OL in his life before showing up at the Seahawks training camp. What little I saw from Brown on Sunday portends to him being an upgrade at that position.

FS1, which doesn't show any NFL games actually had a GREATER subscriber loss than ESPN per my post above. It the ignoring of facts like that that undercut the the argument that is being beat to death that nearly all ESPN subscriber losses and NFL ratings/attendance downturn are a result of the "elephant in the room" of the protests. The data is inconclusive at best that it is an "elephant in the room".

The elephant in the room will show itself during the offseason. I will point it out to you when it happens.

The elephant is about cord cutters. That said, advertisers are rightly concerned. It worked on O'Rielly, Fox, etc.

The elephant is about cord cutters. That said, advertisers are rightly concerned. It worked on O'Rielly, Fox, etc.

That's the reason the stadiums are half-empty. It's because of cord cutters. I wonder why college football isn't having the same problem?

I'll tell you a reason the ratings are dropping; my son is 21 years old and never watches football though he likes the game itself (he played flag and middle school tackle). He has no interest in the history of the league or the games. He likes to play online video games. He said his friends aren't big on it either. They just flat-out don't watch; either online or on tv, and it's not political. It's almost like smoking. The teenagers are the new addicts. The league needs to figure out how to draw them in but it's tough because they don't read about the history of the game like I did as a child. I thought they were legends and wanted to know everything about them. I read Run to Daylight and the biographies of Bart Starr, Jerry Kramer and Johnny Unitas. I loved the old school Packers. And the Monsters of the Midway. And how Cleveland joined the league with Paul Brown and Otto Graham and dominated right away. The old records meant something to me. Now they don't.

OK. So you have stopped watching/gambling the NFL. I've never stated that some haven't stopped watching. Did you stop watching last year when Kaepernick started this or when Trump blew the whistle?

My interest waned when Kaepernick showed up in the Che shirt and the pig socks...but it essentially disappeared when two events took place this year: Goodell chose to ignore his own FEMALE investigator who recommended no action against Elliott and the players started politarding en masse.

The National Felons League is free to collapse and implode upon itself...

My interest waned when Kaepernick showed up in the Che shirt and the pig socks...but it essentially disappeared when two events took place this year: Goodell chose to ignore his own FEMALE investigator who recommended no action against Elliott and the players started politarding en masse.

The pro-Castro stance and the socks did not help. My Father as I've stated was from Cuba. Che and Fidel were murderers to him. And they lied to the Cuban people. You should read the book "History Will Absolve Me" which is actually the reported transcript of a speech Castro gave in court after being captured the first time he tried to overthrow Bautista. He spoke of freedom and democracy. People believed in him. The fantasy died soon after he took over.

Same story says tickets were down 17.9% compared to the same week last year. However, it's not because of the anthem because feelings say so. That's what the article says in a nutshell. Continue to ignore the polls taken and a study that says I'm right.

Did you read the entire article, or just that one line? The one line did say that sales were down 17.9% for one particular week, before the weekend. But it goes on to say that sales rebounded over the weekend, and that sales were up for other weeks. The article is very poorly written, but the point it seems to be trying to make is that volatility is exceptionally high.

We're getting ticked

The fact that you're getting ticked should tell you something.

because you people keep giving lame *** excuses for something that is very obvious.

They're not lame excuses, and none of this is obvious.

Btw, you're the one that keeps bringing up Trump, not us.

People who are conscientious about cock size rarely say so.

I think I know what's going on here. You are afraid to admit the obvious that it's the protests because you are deathly terrified of Trump getting an ounce of credit for it.

I never said it wasn't the protests - only that it wasn't just the protests. There are other factors, and they're significant.

Justification seems to be heavy on cognitive dissonance or something akin to it.

I'll tell you a reason the ratings are dropping; my son is 21 years old and never watches football though he likes the game itself (he played flag and middle school tackle). He has no interest in the history of the league or the games. He likes to play online video games. He said his friends aren't big on it either. They just flat-out don't watch; either online or on tv, and it's not political. It's almost like smoking. The teenagers are the new addicts. The league needs to figure out how to draw them in but it's tough because they don't read about the history of the game like I did as a child. I thought they were legends and wanted to know everything about them. I read Run to Daylight and the biographies of Bart Starr, Jerry Kramer and Johnny Unitas. I loved the old school Packers. And the Monsters of the Midway. And how Cleveland joined the league with Paul Brown and Otto Graham and dominated right away. The old records meant something to me. Now they don't.

I stated that earlier in the thread. Participation rates for youth football have dropped off the map, in part due to concussion fears. Many that do play (2 of my sons are HS players) don't watch football. Heck, they don't like to watch their own film let alone other games. They'd rather play video games, snapchat or other online activity rather than walk up to the school on a Saturday and play a game of neighborhood pickup football. Sports specialization is also killing football. Before your athletes would play football, the basketball/wrestling then move on to baseball in the Spring. Now kids are playing baseball and basketball year round. Heck, I've had kids I coached in youth football that would be studs that gave it up in favor of year-round lacrosse in hopes of winning an athletic scholarship. If kids don't watch/play football growing up then you will start seeing a drop off in fans later.

Could it be that there experience and knowledge is different informing their perception?

In this particular group of the referenced segment? Sure. A bunch of criminals ... filthy stinking rich criminals ... who are taught how to "beat the rap" by their employer.

Doesn't make their perception correct. The data shows that quite clearly and to the extent there IS a problem, addressing the symptom doesn't treat the disease.

Participation rates for youth football have dropped off the map, in part due to concussion fears.

That may be true, but youth participation isn't driving the NFL's ratings problems ... and VIEWERSHIP problems. (cord cutters, whatever ... that should facilitate accurate viewership, not beg for guesses)

Oh my, I better go check my Willie because Deez, for whom I have the greatest respect, says I need have some concern -- one way or another.
:whiteflag::deadhorse::coolnana:

Dude, you're way too smart to make a ridiculous remark like this. This has nothing to do with Trump with most people. ...

It's diversion. They always do this when their argument runs dry. While a penis diversion is novel if not overly revealing of a particular mindset, if you think about it, it does sort of partner well with Deez Nutz.

And of course it was the media, as per usual, who got excited when Trump began to comment on the flag squatting. By this time, almost all Americans aware of the issue had already made up their minds where they stood. As had posters here. It's pretty silly to think otherwise. Lastly, it once again, showed Trump correctly had the pulse of the majority of the people. As I argued above, I dont think it took a genius to figure it out but he still gets credit for figuring it out while the NFL continues to flounder. Nonetheless, as you correctly pointed out, Trump was after the fact.

One more part I was thinking about in the immediate context of this board is the clear division among the same cast of characters. While some issues discussed here are just opinion -- no right or wrong answer, other discussions do have measurable results down the line. Which allow us to see who was correct and who was not.

Let me give a couple of quick examples. As you read them, keep in mind that the same posters who dont think the flag kneeling has had any effect on NFL ratings were on the wrong side of these too --
-- Can Trump win the primary?
-- Can Trump beat Hillary?
-- Did the Access Hollywood tape kill Trump's chances?
-- Will Trump do what he said he was going to do (on those things he can control)?
-- Has there ever been any cases of proven voter fraud in the US? (lol)
-- Will the UK vote for Brexit?

Remember, facts dont care about your feelings.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back