Boyer' open letter to Kaepernick

mb
YES but are there enough people who see this to stop it?
Every day we see in the news and from posters on here complete crap presented as fact and other sheep going along with it.

If Springsteen was a Trump supporter it would have blown up the media and Jeep would have never had him on their ad for their crap *** vehicles.

Singing the national anthem before games hasn't always been a thing. We don't need it. It is in some ways anti-American unless you think being American means politicizing everything, forced unity of viewpoints, and religious worship of the state.

Cuban has since admitted that his cancelation of the anthem was an attempted political statement by him

And now that the NBA has responded to him by ordering all teams to play it, the US media is howling mad. They agree with you
Mark Cuban's call to not play national anthem at games is long overdue

I would be for not playing it too -- since NBA players love China, hate the USA -- but at this point, not playing it would be a form of letting them win, which I am against.

If Springsteen was a Trump supporter it would have blown up the media and Jeep would have never had him on their ad for their crap *** vehicles.
I really don't care WHO he supported...the message itself was one of sanity. Too few people are willing to be moderate and find some manner of compromise that SHOULD exist on a great number of issues.

That said, it is popcorn-worthy watching the left eat their own.

I really don't care WHO he supported...the message itself was one of sanity. Too few people are willing to be moderate and find some manner of compromise that SHOULD exist on a great number of issues.

That said, it is popcorn-worthy watching the left eat their own.
But, I'm just saying the messenger is the problem here. To be frank, I haven't watched the ad. Do I want unity? Of course. But, I'm not going to basically call Biden, in my case, the devil, and then ask for unity.

Bruce has said crappy things about Republicans and Trump for years, so I don't want to hear him now preaching unity.

Last edited:
But, I'm just saying the messenger is the problem here. To be frank, I haven't watched the ad. Do I want unity? Of course. But, I'm not going to basically call Biden, in my case, the devil, and then ask for unity.

Bruce has said crappy things about Republicans and Trump for years, so I don't want ti hear him now preaching unity.
I'll be honest...when I first saw the ad, I didn't recognize him.

But I can see this sort of an ad as recognition by at least some of the anti-Trump crowd that the loony left is in control of the party and the wagon is going over the cliff. I view it in much the same light as 40 years ago when some feared Reagan had drunk too much of the MM koolaid and was forgetting about the moderates. Middle ground existed and there WAS A period of seeming detente between the parties. Not the ideal scenario, but it was not the Schiffshow we have today...

Singing the national anthem before games hasn't always been a thing. We don't need it. It is in some ways anti-American unless you think being American means politicizing everything, forced unity of viewpoints, and religious worship of the state.

Seeing as how it was popularized during WW2, it seems pretty obvious it was an attempt to be unifying as pro-American. It certainly wasn't pro-German or pro-Japanese at that time...

It wasn't pro-German. It was meant to unify which can be good. But the negative aspect of that is that it eliminates regional identities and loyalties. It is used as propaganda to force the same opinion, like Biden is saying time to unify.

Expanding use of the anthem and pledge of allegiance were pushed by big government Progessives. So the other desire was not just to get citizens to unify with other Americans but to comply with government orders.

It wasn't pro-German. It was meant to unify which can be good. But the negative aspect of that is that it eliminates regional identities and loyalties. It is used as propaganda to force the same opinion, like Biden is saying time to unify.

Expanding use of the anthem and pledge of allegiance were pushed by big government Progessives. So the other desire was not just to get citizens to unify with other Americans but to comply with government orders.
It was politicized under McCarthy when “under God” was added.

One can have national and regional loyalties. It's why public schools in this state say the Pledge of Allegiance and the Texas Pledge. It's why Texas plays the National Anthem and The Eyes of Texas at events.

Strangely, whenever the Montreal Expos came to Texas to play the Astros back in the 1970s and 1980s, they played that hockey song along with the National Anthem before the game.
:cow:

One can have national and regional loyalties. It's why public schools in this state say the Pledge of Allegiance and the Texas Pledge. It's why Texas plays the National Anthem and The Eyes of Texas at events.

You can. But this country started out with little national loyalty and large state and regional loyalty. The Pledge and Anthem have been used to switch that.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back