AUGUST DFW TAILGATE -PHOTOS!!

As bad as I'd like to attend one of these gatherings, I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.

American-actor-Groucho-Marx-circa-1933.jpg

I've only been able to make one, but it's great to meet the men and woman that post on here. Worster is awesome for doing this.

It was a Friday night Texanne (the night changed somewhere in the middle of the string).

You and mb were missed.
Fridays are still tough given that I don’t live in the DFW. And taking off early from work is all but impossible these days.

Here are some photos from our HF Tailgate at Frank X.Tolbert's Chili Parlor in beautiful downtown Grapevine Friday evening!!

A good time was had by all :hookem:

View attachment 9857

Left side from back to front: ViperHorn, WorsterMan, UTAHorn, HornHuskerDad.

Right side from back to front: LHABSOB, NRHorn, SabreHorn, Sangra Naranjada, Mrs. Naranjada.

Winner of the best dressed:

View attachment 9858

View attachment 9859
This is great, although some of you look more intelligent (the ones that often agree with me) than the others.

I really need to attend one of these get-togethers, if only to improve the aesthetics…, excluding, of course, Mrs. N.

BTW, I didn’t realize that George Strait was a HornFans aficionado. (Or maybe that’s SabreHorn.)

This is great, although some of you look more intelligent (the ones that often agree with me) than the others.

I really need to attend one of these get-togethers, if only to improve the aesthetics…, excluding, of course, Mrs. N.

BTW, I didn’t realize that George Strait was a HornFans aficionado. (Or maybe that’s SabreHorn.)

Duke, know you are in LA area.

If we give you enough advance notice for late tailgate August date - say a Friday or Sat. date. Could you make it?

This would be weekend before long Labor Day weekend and opener vs. CSU Lambs.

What say you!?

Last edited:
OK, I've been challanged.

Lookin' further ahead on a calendar y'all... for next possible DFW HF tailgate at Tolbert's in Grapevine. Friday August 23 or Sat. Aug. 24.

I'm opposed to Sat. night as many posters may have other commitments and will not show up.

However, @Texanne - if we were to choose Sat. night Aug. 24, can you commit to be there? Maybe bring ShadowDancer? Perhaps that draws other posters?

Suggestion is, this is the weekend BEFORE Labor Day, plus CSU kickoff on Sat.

Informal poll for the rest of you rascals...

How many of you BELIEVE you would attend August tailgate and which night!?

We ain't doin' this if only 3-4 of you commit here or to me on private IM over the next few weeks.

Some of you are great posters that have never attended. We would like to meet you personally and you to join us and talk some serious UT - hmmm, SEC football.

What say you?

Last edited:
WorsterMan, so kind of you to ask. It’s tough because of the travel (the older I get, the less I like it) but hopefully I can make one of the tailgate in the not too distant future.

For family reasons, we may be coming down to Austin more frequently in the next year or two so if that happens, I could become a regular.

I might make Saturday. More doubtful for Friday. The Mrs. will be back to school by then, so I am 100% sure her only option will be Saturday.

You committed to the next DFW tailgate... come aggy or ou high water!!!

If you back out, I will expose your story about you and the Oklahoma gypsy girl in Vegas back in 2004!
I’m pretty sure she moved to New Orleans right after that encounter.
I could possibly be wrong, but you know that gypsy with the gold-capped tooth had to be her.

I'm available for Friday or Saturday. I'd like to bring Mrs. HHD with me. I think we can manage to commute all the way from Arlington! :)

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back