AUGUST DFW TAILGATE -PHOTOS!!

14:14 and indeed ou suckage seems to be in effect. 🤘

We are in town - Los Colinas Holiday Inn. See you guys for supper.

Last edited:
GREAT TAILGATE today! Terrific turnout. You folks that missed this one need to plan on hitting the next one. Thanks to WorsterMan for setting this up.

Were here! Toast to SabreHorn.

More photos later.

Attachments

• 20240824_180610.jpg
    20240824_180610.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
Such a good time! It was fun to meet so many Hornfans legends!!
And getting to talk to SabreHorn on the phone was a bonus!

Hook ‘em!!

We had a terrific turnout. Approx 18 or so. Good to meet some new posters I had not met before.

Me and the legendary poster Texanne stayed for the tribute band to Electric Light Orchestra for a while!!

OMG the male band members all looked like Jeff Lynne. Music was a 9.5 on scale of 10 to ELO!!!

Here are some photos from this evening. Maybe tomorrow I will identify some of the attendees.

Attachments

• 20240824_173340.jpg
    20240824_173340.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
  • 20240824_173337.jpg
    20240824_173337.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Thank you, WM, and all. Jill and I had a great time. Looking forward to the next event. I will have read "Poisoner in Chief" and "Horns, Hogs and Nixon Coming" before the next meeting and will return them promptly.
'
WM and I are exchanging books. If you can make the next event, bring a book. He got "Killing the Witches" and "Killing the Mob" from Bill O'Reilly. I have plenty more to loan.

I did broach the subject have having a dinner/soiree in San Antinio in March. Could be around Texas Independence Day Need to gauge interest.

ft 3.jpg

MB227 , Sangre, Texanne, Texas 1983, Horn Husker Dad and UTA Horn pointing and telling Sangre you owe me money!

20240824_174629.jpg

Sangre & Texanne - HF buddies from waaaaay back!

20240824_174552.jpg

Worsterman and Texas 1983

Last edited:
20240824_173447.jpg

Left to right, H Town Bevo & wife Susan, FW Horn, ViperHorn.

20240824_180629.jpg

20240824_180624.jpg

Little hard to see. Most of the gang from last night toasting Sabre Horn who could not make it last minute...

From left to right:

FW Horn, Viper Horn, MB227, Sangre, Texanne seated, Crockett seated at head of table, HornHuskerDad, Mrs. HornHusker Dad seated, UTA Horn, Worsterman, Mrs. UTA Horn, Mrs. H Town Bevo, H Town Bevo.

20240824_210531.jpg

The band started at 9 and was a Tribute Band to Electric Light Orchestra (ELO). All of the males wore long curly dark wigs and sunglasses (like Jeff Lynne). Sorry the photo is blurry.

They were GOOD!!! Texanne and I stayed for a while and I think we agreed they scored a 9.5 on a scale of 10.

A GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL!

HOOK 'EM AND BEAT COLORADO STATE!!! :hookem:

Jill and I had an outstanding time last night. I finally got to meet Texanne and saw Crocket (The first person I met at one of these events). MB, it was great to see you again.

Sidebar: Need to stick around for the music. Last night was a cover band for ELO, who I never saw but there is a cover band for Chicago that plays at Tolbert's. Chicago was our first concert date as teenagers.

My first concert, such as it was, was ZZ Top Fandango at the Hemisfair Arena in San Antonio on November 26, 1975.

I now celebrate November 26 for an entirely different reason: it's Mrs. Sangre's birth-date.

SN, I still owe you that picture of Sangre Trail Street in Arlington. If someone don't understand, my meaning, Google "Sangre".

Jill and I had an outstanding time last night. I finally got to meet Texanne and saw Crocket (The first person I met at one of these events). MB, it was great to see you again.

Sidebar: Need to stick around for the music. Last night was a cover band for ELO, who I never saw but there is a cover band for Chicago that plays at Tolbert's. Chicago was our first concert date as teenagers.
As I was walking down the street today..

It was a great time. Thanks Wooster for organizing and thanks to Texanne for making the long trek north!

Last edited:
View attachment 10577

The band started at 9 and was a Tribute Band to Electric Light Orchestra (ELO). All of the males wore long curly dark wigs and sunglasses (like Jeff Lynne). Sorry the photo is blurry.

They were GOOD!!! Texanne and I stayed for a while and I think we agreed they scored a 9.5 on a scale of 10.

A GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL!

HOOK 'EM AND BEAT COLORADO STATE!!! :hookem:
Thanks for the pics and tailgate report.

Let it ring for evermore.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back