AUGUST DFW TAILGATE -PHOTOS!!

The Fairfield in Las Colinas has bad online reviews, but in the few times I've stayed there, I have never found any of the online complaints to be valid.

I had the privilege of visiting Bill Marriott a couple of times, and found him very responsive, particularly when I recommended a lady friend for two promotions. He recognized the problem he was facing, but said it was just something "we have to live with".

His biggest problem is the franchisees he has had to accept, but that problem permeates the business traveler hotels, which were largely started by TexasEx Sam Barshop for the HemisFair.

So is this confirmed for August 24th? A Saturday night might actually work for me as my kiddos Saturday stuff is done and it isn't a week night with kiddos stuff, If so will definitely try and make it, what time do folks typically start showing up.

OFFICIAL:

TAILGATE SAT AUG. 24 TOLBERT'S in Grapevine.

4 PM- 9 pm or later if you wish!

Wear burnt orange!

Hook 'Em!!

Last edited:
I'm very pleased with responses to attend and especially from first timers! You newcomers will not feel like first timers to our Tailgate. We all love the Horns.

We got posters coming from Austin, Houston and Chicago! Get yer donkey there!

We are on for DFW HF tailgate Sat. August 24 !!

So, later I will ask for y'all for a serious commit, headcount to the the HF Tailgate.

I gotta have a headcount for Tolbert's a little time out.

Last edited:
SATURDAY AUGUST 24. 4-9 PM TAILGATE:

OK gang, informal headcount based on responses on this thread so far. I need to get a rough estimate before I call Tolbert's to reserve a table(s) as soon as possible. You can PM privately if you prefer.

If I miss anybody that committed, I apologize in advance. Let me know if I missed your "yes" or you have now decided to join us OR have to decline.

So far I have:

@LonghornCatholic
@ViperHorn + WIFE ?
@NRHorn + WIFE
@HornHuskerDad + WIFE
@LHABSOB
@mb227
@utahorn
@LonghornDave
@TEXAS1983
@FWHORN
@HTownBevo
@WorsterMan
@Texanne

MAYBES ???:
@Sangre Naranjada + WIFE
@SabreHorn
@horninchicago
@Horn6721
@Crockett
@EDT
@X Misn Tx
@HoffHorn
@longhornlegend

Last edited:
Saturday definitely works for me, and I’ll commit. ShadowDancer is a no-go. He gets precious little PTO as it is, and his work is shorthanded.

So, boyzo, I’ll be there — assuming it’s on Saturday— unless God has other plans for me.
If you are coming I want to come too! I've wanted to meet the person originating such insightful posts.

OK gang, informal headcount based on responses on this thread so far. I need to get a rough estimate before I call Tolbert's to reserve a table(s) as soon as possible. You can PM privately if you prefer.

If I miss anybody that committed, I apologize in advance. Let me know if I missed your "yes" or you have now decided to join us OR have to decline.

So far I have:

@LonghornCatholic
@ViperHorn + WIFE ?
@NRHorn + WIFE
@HornHuskerDad + WIFE
@LHABSOB
@mb227
@utahorn
@LonghornDave
@TEXAS1983
@FWHORN
@HTownBevo
@WorsterMan

MAYBES ???:
@Sangre Naranjada + WIFE
@SabreHorn
@horninchicago
@Horn6721
@Crockett
@EDT
@X Misn Tx
@HoffHorn
@longhornlegend
I will be unable to attend my mother's birthday. Sorry.

Two weeks out, I cannot give a firm commitment. Still too many workplace variables. If I could convince people a) not to die because I need to go to Tolbert's; and b) not to arrange funerals/visitations that day because I need to go to Tolbert's, I would.

But it has been my experience thus far that people die on their own schedule, with absolutely no regard to my personal preferences. As soon as I can, I will firm up.

So far I have:

@LonghornCatholic
@ViperHorn + WIFE ?
@NRHorn + WIFE
@HornHuskerDad + WIFE
@LHABSOB
@mb227
@utahorn
@LonghornDave
@TEXAS1983
@FWHORN
@HTownBevo
@WorsterMan

MAYBES ???:
@Sangre Naranjada + WIFE
@SabreHorn
@horninchicago
@Horn6721
@Crockett
@EDT
@X Misn Tx
@HoffHorn
@longhornlegend
I have travel plans so dont believe I can make it. Hope its a great time for those who can be there!!! Its noon on sunday and ou still SUCKS!!!

I'm a "maybe", but not holding my breath at this point. So, if not, I'll have a beer out here in Picture Rocks (just west of Tucson, AZ) about 5PM which is 7PM in Dallas.

So, as always . . . HOOK 'EM!!

Last edited:
Sorry for this long post.

Pleased with how many of you rascals plan to attend. Look forward to meeting you new attendees!!

Other good news, all the way from Houston, SabreHorn MAY attend despite some challenges

We may outgrow our reservation space at Tolbert's. We may end up with SRO. Me and some others can deal with standing all evening. Anyone with a problem standing for long periods will be seated - just alert me if we reach SRO situation that you need to sit.

Gotta have some help here if you haven't already committed or planning to attend plus you are bringing a friend(s), Alabama or TCU friends OK. NO AGGY friends. Spouse, partner, other friends, etc. OK. No kids please.

Please, give me #s, if you haven't already.

Last edited:

So far I have:

@LonghornCatholic
@ViperHorn + WIFE ?
@NRHorn + WIFE
@HornHuskerDad + WIFE
@LHABSOB
@mb227
@utahorn
@LonghornDave
@TEXAS1983
@FWHORN
@HTownBevo
@WorsterMan

MAYBES ???:
@Sangre Naranjada + WIFE
@SabreHorn
@horninchicago
@Horn6721
@Crockett
@EDT
@X Misn Tx
@HoffHorn
@longhornlegend
Hey, buddy, you left me off the list. I’m a commit.

Or maybe I should be committed. Oh, hell, both. See you boyzo on 8/24!

I'm a "maybe", but not holding my breath at this point. So, if not, I'll have a beer out here in Picture Rocks (just west of Tucson, AZ) about 5PM which is 7PM in Dallas.

So, as always . . . HOOK 'EM!!

@BevoJoe - think you will be there Sat.?

Last edited:
So, right now we have ~ 18 ~ commits.

If @mb227 brings a friend or 3 and @SabreHorn shows, we will easily top 20. It will be SRO late in our general 4-9 time frame.

That's ok and a good thing. PARTY on Garth, PARTY on Wayne!!

If any of you want to stay later (after 9) its is ok, but they May, may not, make us give up our table(s).

The band is a tribute band to: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) and music genius Jeff Lynne.

This band is a serious incentive for me to stay for a while. I will warn you newbies, this is a small venue. When ANY band starts to play, one cannot carry on a conversation without shouting....

Last edited:
We are on fellow Horns.

I will be there at 4pm. Get there when u can, wear burnt orange and prepare for some fun!!

Hook 'em!!

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back