2025 Updates, Transfers & Recruits

If our new pitching coach is a good as advertised, Tumis and Hudson Hamilton will develop into some scary dudes on the mound.

Hopefully Mercer will be healed up. I thought he's more of a closer.

I really don't know where he will end up, he's started and relieved previously at Notre Dame. Heard he was untouchable last fall before his injury.

I don't think Grubbs is a shoe in for a starting weekend role though either.

Pitching roles are all up in the air till probably early to mid spring next year.

I'm not sure what's up with Howard. Did he just have a spectacularly horrible year, and he's really pretty good?

I think like the year before with Woody where we saw consistency being developed during the season and you could see the staff developing to a higher level at the end.

We will likewise see more consistency and growth of the pitchers next season but we will be starting way ahead with more and higher quality.

Although there are a lot of questions still, I don't like us continuously picking up pitchers with injuries, we've been snake bit too often. Having said that, I really think we can compete with this pitching staff, even against A&M, LSU, Tennessee and Arkansas.

We have replaced what we lost in offense with portals so we are going to end up about even on offense depending on how quickly A. Rod adjusts.

I’m guessing that DeGroat is heading to the show based on his relatives message even though it was a low slot. :idk:

Connor McCreery

SOPHOMORE (2024)

• Made 19 appearances on the mound for the Gamecocks in 2024
  • Was 3-1 with a 4.37 ERA and a save while striking out 25 batters in 22.2 innings pitched
  • Held opponents to a .190 batting average
  • Picked up a save in a win over North Carolina (April 9), striking out five in 2.1 innings of work
  • Struck out four in 2.2 innings of relief, allowing a hit without a run in a win at Missouri (May 5)
  • In a win over The Citadel (March 5), had a pair of strikeouts in two scoreless innings
  • Had two strikeouts in a scoreless inning vs. Georgia Southern (April 3)
  • Did not allow an earned run in 2.2 innings of relief in the SEC Tournament game vs. LSU (May 23)

Think i missed posting where LBJ went in the 5th round to the Colorado Rockies.

Good luck to him as well. :hookem:

*Updated roster after draft completion:

Outfield

CF - Max Belyeu
OF - Easton Winfield
OF - Gasparino/Cummings/Berchan/Farmer/Matt Scott II

Infield
1B - Jaquae Stewart
C - K. Schuessler/Sanders/Service/ Galvan
2nd - Ethan Mendoza/J. Duplantier
SS - JFlow
3rd -A. Rodriguez (freshman);/Borba

Pitchers
Will Mercer - LHP SP/Closer
Jared Spencer - LHP
Kade Bing - LHP
Oliver Santos - LHP*
Brandon Bertsch - LHP*
Ethan Walker - LHP
Cooper Powell - LHP -Freshman
Bryce Navarre - LHP - Freshman
Luke Harrison - LHP - Reliever

Max Grubbs - RHP -
Grayson Saunier - RHP
Drew Rerick - RHP/1B
Thomas Burns - RHP
Aiden Moffett - RHP
Connor McCreery - RHP
Eli Trop - RHP Drafted in the 16th round.*
Ace Whitehead - RHP - Reliever
Easton Tumis - RHP- Reliever
Hudson Hamilton - RHP - Reliever
Ruger Riojas (UTSA) - RHP
Jason Flores - RHP - Freshman
Cade O’Hara - RHP/INF
Cody Howard - RHP
George Zaharias - RHP*
Andre Duplantier - RHP - Closer Undrafted*

*No official word yet on making it to campus.

Recent removals:

Gage Boehm - P - Signed UDFA w/Mariners
Kyle DeGroat - P - Signed with Blue Jays
Derek Vartanian - P - Signed with the Braves
Levi Sterling - P - Drafted by the Pirates, likely to sign

Last edited:
Does anyone know if O'Dowd graduated or transferred? I know he was a Sr, but it seems like he would have a covid year left.

Dunno. He was a good Longhorn and well liked.

Maybe he’ll join his family’s baseball technology business and end up with more $$$ than the first rounders…?

Dunno. He was a good Longhorn and well liked.

Maybe he’ll join his family’s baseball technology business and end up with more $$$ than the first rounders…?

Lol, exactly what my wife said. He has a pretty good set up.

WTH???? How in the world does LSU do this every other year? Is LSU NIL that high or is it something else??

Recent Threads

Back