2025 Updates, Transfers & Recruits

I keep seeing comments about hoping these guys don't go pro. I feel like it's a numbers game. They get 10-15 commits hoping we get 5 of them to stick filling the other holes thru the portal with known talent. We can't not recruit players that might not come.

I keep seeing comments about hoping these guys don't go pro. I feel like it's a numbers game. They get 10-15 commits hoping we get 5 of them to stick filling the other holes thru the portal with known talent. We can't not recruit players that might not come.

Very true, but unless they are a first or second round pick, or perhaps third or fourth (and how the player values himself relative to the actual draft position), there might be enough NIL money or other reasons such as increasing value in the next draft for them to postpone going pro. We can always hope and wonder.

Not sure what this guy knows but says he is likely to make it on campus. (Drew Rerick)

Last edited:
Great to hear Rerick is that good and is likely to make it to campus. He’ll get a lot of playing time at the Disch next year.

And with that suave stache and demeanor, he may get a lot of playing time on the female floors of the Jester dorm next year too…
:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

I'll never forget riding the Jester East elevator with Leonard Davis multiple times my freshman year and thinking WTF this guy is huge.

He's from North Dakota.

Scouting report from 2023 below. Others are saying that now his fastball is sitting in the mid-90s and peaks in the upper 90s.

"2023 NATIONAL SHOWCASE

Drew Rerick is a 2024 RHP/1B with a 6-5 230 lb. frame from Fargo, ND who attends Fargo Davies. Big barrel chested build, country strong look. Big leg raise delivery with a long and loose arm slot, gets down the mound well and extended out front. Fastball topped out at 95 mph and sat around 93 mph, gets some right at times and cut down in the zone, high spin rate fastball. Slider was a solid second pitch with good power and a tight two-plane break. Very interesting pitching prospect from an unusual location. Excellent student, verbal commitment to Texas A&M [not anymore... :yes: ]. Named to the Perfect Game All-American Classic Team."

Last edited:
Oliver service showing out.

We should have been finding Oliver Service a whole lot more at bats last year. Also situations behind the plate to relieve Shoos and Galvan on occasion.

Give him the reps, and his bat could be special.

Go get Andrew Sojka from CSUN out of the portal right away.

He's batting 0.397 with 18 homeruns and a 1300 OPS in the Northwoods College Summer League.

1720879214860.png

1720879259932.png

*Updated*
Confirmed H.S. 2024 recruit class likely to make it to campus:
Matt Scott II OF
Cooper Powell LHP
Drew Rerick RHP/1B - Slight draft risk
Bryce Navarre LHP
Donovan Jordan OF
Adrian Rodriguez INF

No change in official status:
Levi Sterling INF/RHP - Draft risk 37th Pirates