2025 Updates, Transfers & Recruits

Jackson Jordan no longer a part of the 2024 recruiting class and has opened his recruitment. - J. Jordan via X.

Rumor is that we still have two more portals (silent commits) and one more H.S. recruit coming in the 2024 class, as mentioned before, the H.S. player is supposedly a high round MLB draft pick.

Our needs are:

Middle infield - Assuming Mendoza is at 2nd.
Starting pitching.

Reading the tea leaves, I've seen projections of Mendoza to 2nd and Rodriguez to 3rd, Rodriguez is supposedly a top SS in the state but projected to 3rd? :e-thinking: Leaves me to believe that one of three players not announced yet is our SS. :shrug:

If true, all the new additions will put pressure on Borba, Gasparino and possibly Galvan.

To be continued.........

I wonder how many of the de-commits are because the new staff told them they may no longer be needed/wanted or how many loved Pierce or somebody else on the staff?

I wonder how many of the de-commits are because the new staff told them they may no longer be needed/wanted or how many loved Pierce or somebody else on the staff?
Ka'imi (the 6'8" pitcher from Hawaii) is getting more-and-more buzz from MLB scouting now, so it's not the lack of D1 talent there. My guess is he'll probably end up in the pros (Minor Leagues) right away, or at a West Coast D1 college team. If it's the idea of homesickness and not wanting to leave the islands, then it's either U of Hawaii-Manoa (Oahu/Honolulu) or U of Hawaii (Hilo), or [big jump down] Hawaii-Pacific or Chaminade.

Or...he wants to start as a true Freshman, and thinks he'll be in the pen his first year at UT?

Or... he could be getting NIL money whipped by some other college team?

He has a good chance of making it somewhere.

Last edited:
This is good. Him + Jason Flores + DeGroat are still onboard and all look to have really good true Freshman arms.

It would be nice to get one of them, either would help the bull pen.

I'm excited to see the Powell and the Navarre kid on campus, they are a pleasant surprise and look good.

It appears, on it's surface for now, that we are already deeper in the pen than we've been in several years and Schloss has only been on the job a short period. Wish we had fewer question marks on starters but very pleased with the depth of the pen right now.

Ka'imi also comes from the best-funded high school in the nation (maybe in the world).

Here's some likely college choices (if he doesn't go minor league): Oregon State, Oregon, USC, UCLA, Stanford, Arkansas, U of Hawaii.

And another arm, apparently impressive before injury, Campbell was doing pretty good this past year.

We all know how these previous injury’s for pitchers have worked out for us so I’m only cautiously optimistic.

Recent Threads

Back