2025 Updates, Transfers & Recruits

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

I heard, maybe it was on here somewhere, that major baseball NIL donors were withholding donations until pierce was gone. I know in general Baseball nil was pathetic anyway, but I'm guessing Schloss had a giant immediate impact. I feel like over the next couple years we could end in the LSU neighborhood.

Good job young man!

Boehm came in here, after being a JC journeyman for the past 3 years or so, and made a big impact in 1 year. Probably our best closer since Cole Quintanilla.

Boehm has a fair shot at working his way up the Minors and making the Big Leagues. Guys with his velocity who pound the zone don't grow on trees.

Bryce Navarre - "3200 rpm spin rate" highest in the MLB combine.

Five Tool senior editor Dustin McComas delivered the following scouting report on Navarre in a post on X (formerly Twitter): "Easy delivery, deep arsenal, maybe best breaking ball spin in class." Navarre's elite breaking ball stood out during the MLB Draft Combine when he led all pitchers in spin rate with a curveball rate of 3200 rpm.
So is Navarre going pro? Anybody offering him?

3200 rpm is exceptional.

We've got 2 guys that are in that ballpark, but they both need some coaching: Tumis and Hudson Hamilton.

So is Navarre going pro? Anybody offering him?

3200 rpm is exceptional.

We've got 2 guys that are in that ballpark, but they both need some coaching: Tumis and Hudson Hamilton.
When i saw that spin rate, I've come to the realization that he will likely get a UDFA deal. Whether or not he goes pro or not i guess depends on a few things like always.

First day of class is what 5 weeks away? Suppose we will know soon after that but obviously would like to get him on campus, this one could hurt a little if he does go pro. I think he has the potential to get into the weekend rotation.

Good job young man!

Boehm came in here, after being a JC journeyman for the past 3 years or so, and made a big impact in 1 year. Probably our best closer since Cole Quintanilla.

Boehm has a fair shot at working his way up the Minors and making the Big Leagues. Guys with his velocity who pound the zone don't grow on trees.

I said before he came I didn't believe he had it between the ears to be successful here, but if he figured it out he could be VERY good.

Well, under a coach where practically all pitchers regressed he stepped forward. I can't wait to see how he progresses under professional coaching.

What’s the thoughts on this addition to the roster?

Looks like a really good pickup, he had some shoulder issues last year, if he can avoid injury like so many others on the staff he will contribute.

6’3”, LHP, Friday night starter for Ind st, 72 SO’s, 33BB’s in 53 innings of work 2024. Was throwing 97 before the shoulder issues.

Last edited:
The staff is getting deep now and as a result of that depth may be able to improve the health of the pen or reduce potential injury by spreading the ball around without over taxing any one arm.

#Updated to 7/22/2024 (42 players currently with some not confirmed)

Outfield

CF - Max Belyeu
OF - Easton Winfield
OF - Gasparino/Cummings/Berchan/Farmer/Matt Scott II

Infield
1B - Jaquae Stewart/Borba
C - K. Schuessler/Sanders/Service/ Galvan
2nd - Ethan Mendoza/J. Duplantier
SS - JFlow
3rd -A. Rodriguez (freshman)/Borba

Pitchers
Will Mercer - LHP SP/Closer
Jared Spencer - LHP
Kade Bing - LHP
Oliver Santos - LHP*
Brandon Bertsch - LHP*
Ethan Walker - LHP
Cooper Powell - LHP -Freshman
Bryce Navarre - LHP - Freshman
Luke Harrison - LHP - Reliever
Dylan Volantis -LHP

Max Grubbs - RHP -
Grayson Saunier - RHP
Drew Rerick - RHP/1B
Thomas Burns - RHP
Aiden Moffett - RHP
Connor McCreery - RHP
Eli Trop - RHP Drafted in the 16th round.*
Ace Whitehead - RHP - Reliever
Easton Tumis - RHP- Reliever
Hudson Hamilton - RHP - Reliever
Ruger Riojas (UTSA) - RHP
Jason Flores - RHP - Freshman
Cade O’Hara - RHP/INF
Cody Howard - RHP
George Zaharias - RHP*
Andre Duplantier - RHP - Closer Undrafted*

*No official word yet on making it to campus.

Recent removals:

Gage Boehm - P - Signed UDFA w/Mariners
Kyle DeGroat - P - Signed with Blue Jays
Derek Vartanian - P - Signed with the Braves
Levi Sterling - P - Drafted by the Pirates, likely to sign

Last edited:
#Updated to 7/22/2024 (42 players currently with some not confirmed)

Outfield

CF - Max Belyeu
OF - Easton Winfield
OF - Gasparino/Cummings/Berchan/Farmer/Matt Scott II

Infield
1B - Jaquae Stewart/Borba
C - K. Schuessler/Sanders/Service/ Galvan
2nd - Ethan Mendoza/J. Duplantier
SS - JFlow
3rd -A. Rodriguez (freshman)/Borba

Pitchers
Will Mercer - LHP SP/Closer
Jared Spencer - LHP
Kade Bing - LHP
Oliver Santos - LHP*
Brandon Bertsch - LHP*
Ethan Walker - LHP
Cooper Powell - LHP -Freshman
Bryce Navarre - LHP - Freshman
Luke Harrison - LHP - Reliever

Max Grubbs - RHP -
Grayson Saunier - RHP
Drew Rerick - RHP/1B
Thomas Burns - RHP
Aiden Moffett - RHP
Connor McCreery - RHP
Eli Trop - RHP Drafted in the 16th round.*
Ace Whitehead - RHP - Reliever
Easton Tumis - RHP- Reliever
Hudson Hamilton - RHP - Reliever
Ruger Riojas (UTSA) - RHP
Jason Flores - RHP - Freshman
Cade O’Hara - RHP/INF
Cody Howard - RHP
George Zaharias - RHP*
Andre Duplantier - RHP - Closer Undrafted*

*No official word yet on making it to campus.

Recent removals:

Gage Boehm - P - Signed UDFA w/Mariners
Kyle DeGroat - P - Signed with Blue Jays
Derek Vartanian - P - Signed with the Braves
Levi Sterling - P - Drafted by the Pirates, likely to sign
J. Stewart - DH (5'9")

1B could be Borba, Nik Sanders, or Schuessler/Galvan (when not catching)

Gasparino has an OF position nailed down before Winfield.

Again w/ Cody Howard--did he just have a really horrible year last year, due to injury or something, and he actually doesn't suck???

Zaharias and Santos -- I hope they've healed up from their injuries. I'd like to see what they're capable of.

We need to get Oliver Service plenty of at-bats, whatever position he plays/or DH. I don't want him jumping ship to the portal for lack of playing time.

J. Stewart - DH (5'9")

1B could be Borba, Nik Sanders, or Schuessler/Galvan (when not catching)

Gasparino has an OF position nailed down before Winfield.

Again w/ Cody Howard--did he just have a really horrible year last year, due to injury or something, and he actually doesn't suck???

Zaharias and Santos -- I hope they've healed up from their injuries. I'd like to see what they're capable of.

Agree, I should probably just put INF or OF by their names because of that.

One thing for sure, there is competition, not a lot, but it exists, some of these players are going to have to work hard to get on the field and I don't think this staff is going to play favorites like the previous regime.

The best player that makes this team the strongest should win the position. That goes for all of them. The standard is the standard.

Amazing!!!! I predict DuP will have a great senior senior year. I truly wish him the best after the horrible year he had 3 years ago.
Andre DuP had a very good year last year. He mastered his cutter/cut fast ball and stopped throwing low-movement 4 seam fastballs right down Broadway. That's all it took to make him a really good pitcher. His breaking stuff has always been very good. Lots of strikeouts. He's a near-ideal closer.

Next season is shaping up to be very interesting. Schloss and company have already exceeded expectations in the portal. We will be very competitive next season. Texas A&M, Arkansas and now LSU with their additions are my top 3 then Tennessee, Florida and Texas are grouped together but the gap has closed. More changes to come I'm sure.

Andre DuP had a very good year last year. He mastered his cutter/cut fast ball and stopped throwing low-movement 4 seam fastballs right down Broadway. That's all it took to make him a really good pitcher. His breaking stuff has always been very good. Lots of strikeouts. He's a near-ideal closer.

I agree he was much improved last year. In general he was good for 3 to 5 innings then fall off a cliff. With better coaching he might be able make it to 6 or 7 consistently which would be absolutely amazing for the staff. If not, we do need a dominant closer who can be nasty for two innings.

I agree he was much improved last year. In general he was good for 3 to 5 innings then fall off a cliff. With better coaching he might be able make it to 6 or 7 consistently which would be absolutely amazing for the staff. If not, we do need a dominant closer who can be nasty for two innings.

He did progress a lot, but personally I started getting uncomfortable after about 2 innings.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back