2025 Recruiting - WBB

Interesting choice of clothing worn by Chavez at the football game. That seems to be a half-cut Nike Longhorns basketball jersey complete with "SEC" logo (so you know it's relatively new). Most recruits wear very neutral (non-college team) clothing on their official visits. I'm gonna assume her family purchased that jersey for her, and altered it to look like a tank top. Not that that's a sure sign she's coming to Texas, but it can't hurt!

It definitely seems that Chavez is shopping for NIL money. I hope she also considers the quality of her education, and league competition with school she chooses.

Ok. It’s been literally hours since Chavez left God’s Country. I was expecting a commitment post by now to the Good Guys. Someone stir the pot and find out what happened.

It definitely seems that Chavez is shopping for NIL money. I hope she also considers the quality of her education, and league competition with school she chooses.
With enough NIL money and intelligent investing, she'd never have to look for a "real" job, so the value of the name on the sheepskin becomes far less important.

Based on what specifically?
She previously said she is looking for a million, and she is still visiting or has visited other schools. And, I think it is possible that Tech has made that offer. My only evidence is that Tech has a billionaire that he!ped them buy a really good softball pitcher.

She previously said she is looking for a million, and she is still visiting or has visited other schools. And, I think it is possible that Tech has made that offer. My only evidence is that Tech has a billionaire that he!ped them buy a really good softball pitcher.

Did "she" say that specifically? Or, is that's what's been put on social media by others not in her inner circle?

It was put out there by media as the reason why LSU was no longer recruiting her.

It was never stated that those words came from Aaliyah as poster is trying to suggest. Some blurbs from the On3 update last week posted in this thread several days ago stated "LSU has taken itself out of the running as, according to sources, her camp has asked programs for an excess of $1 million dollars in NIL support."

There were no direct quotes from Aaliyah herself or her Dad. Those "sources" are probably the LSU coaching staff leaking their side of things (which could be accurate).

It was never stated that those words came from Aaliyah as poster is trying to suggest. Some blurbs from the On3 update last week posted in this thread several days ago stated "LSU has taken itself out of the running as, according to sources, her camp has asked programs for an excess of $1 million dollars in NIL support."

There were no direct quotes from Aaliyah herself or her Dad. Those "sources" are probably the LSU coaching staff leaking their side of things (which could be accurate).
I was going to post that exact article, but thanks for validating my post.

Interesting choice of clothing worn by Chavez at the football game. That seems to be a half-cut Nike Longhorns basketball jersey complete with "SEC" logo (so you know it's relatively new). Most recruits wear very neutral (non-college team) clothing on their official visits. I'm gonna assume her family purchased that jersey for her, and altered it to look like a tank top. Not that that's a sure sign she's coming to Texas, but it can't hurt!
She plays in Nike BB leagues and wears Nike. This recruitment will be Nike (Texas) vs Adidas (Tech). The UT social media is on point as seen in the video you posted. Go listen to or look up the lyrics of the song and the Nike Swoosh on Aaliyah's teeth in the last frame. I like where Texas stands on this one.

With Knox, Crump and Chavez having made their official visits to Texas in September, and Davidson committing to Southern Cal, are we done with hosting 2025 recruits? Can't say I have seen any other names associated with Texas.

This class doesn't have many post players, and we are losing Taylor Jones after this season; thought for sure we'd be in the running for some interior players with height and size. Hopefully, the transfer portal will be good to us next off season.

And, of course, seconds after my last post I find this mention of 6'2 Jaliya Davis from the Kansas City area. You might remember her playing on TV this summer against Chavez's CyFair team and she was a rebounding machine and played with a high motor.

In addition to her visit to Kansas, Fritz said Davis also has plans to visit Arizona, Baylor, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Texas.

And, of course, seconds after my last post I find this mention of 6'2 Jaliya Davis from the Kansas City area. You might remember her playing on TV this summer against Chavez's CyFair team and she was a rebounding machine and played with a high motor.

In addition to her visit to Kansas, Fritz said Davis also has plans to visit Arizona, Baylor, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Texas.

Davis was extremely impressive in the game against CyFair. To augment your impressions, I remember her posting up on the low blocks every tall player CyFair put on her. She was relentless in doing her work early and setting up extremely low. None of CyFair players could guard her. I was surprised she was listed at only 6’-2” as she plays taller. She’s discussed as a small forward that has multiple position flexibility. Would be a nice addition if she wants to be a Horn.

Chavez, Crump and Knox listed as number 1, 5 and 6 players. Cant remember if it was Aston or Schaefer that offered the desire to add 2 star players per year in order to keep a championship team stocked. I’m greedy wanting all 3 this year. Crump is committed. Chavez is the position of most need and a potential superstar….and Knox has lots of versatility. Sure need 2 of the 3 though.

Was trying to take a stab at guessing when Chavez's official visit to Texas Tech might be. Assuming it will be on a weekend. And, assuming there would be a home football game being played. Both those assumptions could be incorrect.

If they are correct, then she won't be making her official visit this coming weekend as Texas Tech's football game is at Arizona. Believe this weekend is also her high school's homecoming football game.

The weekend of October 11 the Tech football team has a bye.

The weekend of October 18 the Tech football game host Baylor; I'm betting that will be her official visit weekend.

The weekend of October 25 the Tech football team plays at TCU.

The weekend of November 1 the Tech football team plays at Iowa State.

Early signing date is November 13-20 Most athletes sign during that period to lock up their scholarships. However, they don’t HAVE to sign. They can wait until regular signing period of April 16 through May 15, 2025. It would be wonderful if Chavez and Knox would sign with Texas on November 13 or thereabouts. Coaches need to know and plan a roster. Players….especially stars looking to maximize NIL might choose to wait. Coaching changes, team success and other favors would be clearer in April or thereabouts. Official visits will most likely be over in late October/early November. Sure hope there is clarity by mid-November and not drag until late summer. Did I miss a concept or two ?

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back