2025 Recruiting - WBB

Texas does not make the Top 4 for Nyla Brooks. We didn't offer her until like April when she decommitted from Tennessee.

Texas does not make the Top 4 for Nyla Brooks. We didn't offer her until like April when she decommitted from Tennessee.

Thanks for sharing! Not a surprise with the commitment of A. Crump in addition to the current crop of young perimeter players.

I watched the UA Next Elite 24 game over the weekend. It’s hard to get a real read on the players in all-star games because there tends to be a lot of one-on-one offensive play.

There were many very good PGs on the court. UConn is getting a good one in Kelis Fisher (#25 in HoopGurlz 2025 class). Kaleena Smith (#1 in HoopGurlz 2027 class) put on a show. She played with such maturity for her age. I know she ended up with at least 20 points in the game, and had some dazzling assists. LA Sneed (#26 in HoopGurlz 2025 class) from San Antonio played very hard and was impressive. Destiny Jackson (#24 in HoopGurlz 2025 class) had some electrifying moves and assists as well. Kate Harpring (#18 in HoopGurlz 2026 class and daughter of ex-NBA star Matt Harpring) also played a lot of minutes at PG.

The guards that stood out for me were Deniya Prawl (#15 in HoopGurlz 2025 class), Saniyah Hall (#4 in HoopGurlz 2026 class), and Bella Flemings (#11 in HoopGurlz 2026 class and from San Antonio). All three of these ladies had great shooting range. Natalie Kussow (#15 in HoopGurlz 2026 class) impressed me a lot. She played with poise and seemed to have a nose for where the ball was going to be. She loved running the court after a missed shot. Amari Byles from DeSoto (#13 in HoopGurlz 2026 class) hit a couple of shots and played good defense. Jacy Abii from Liberty HS in DeSoto (#3 in HoopGurlz 2026 class) was listed on the roster. I can say that I could never find her on the floor during the game so maybe she didn’t play. Divine Bourrage (#5 in HoopGurlz 2025 class) and Ivanna Wilson-Manyacka (#2 in HoopGurlz 2027 class) had some impressive minutes as well.

Three forwards stood out to me. Oliviyah Edwards (#7 in HoopGurlz 2026 class) was a defensive stopper. Leah Macy (#12 in HoopGurlz 2025 class and Notre Dame commit) was very active around the rim. Kelsi Andrews (#22 in HoopGurlz 2026 class) also was a rebounder.

Olivia Vukosa (#2 in HoopGurlz 2026 class) and Caroline Bradley (#22 in HoopGurlz 2027 class) were two posts that stood out.

5 star guard Grace Knox making a visit to Texas!

Thanks for the link. I don't believe Knox is a guard. Perhaps a wing at 6'2; she is a very good rebounder so I thought she was an interior player.

By the Numbers
  • Grace Knox's official visits: LSU (Sep. 7), Texas (Sep. 14), USC (Sep. 21), Tennessee (Oct. 11).

Being a witness to Texas very first SEC football game should be a pretty special weekend. A little piece of history especially if you end up being a Texas Longhorn

Well….it’s awfully close to September 14. Grace Knox official visit day. I’m doing my part…staying away from her and Austin. You BMDs and/or Insiders need to report back Sunday. But only with good news.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back