2024 Volleyball

Last edited:
What happen to that Tennessee team that almost beat us in NCAA’s last year? Ranked 5th in the SEC this year?? Did they lose a lot from last years team??
Yes a whole lot, 4 of their 7 starters graduated (OH, MB, RS and Libero). Most importantly, the right side that tore us up is gone! The other OH transferred to Georgia to play her Covid year there. They only return their setter and one middle blocker. They did pick up a "top" transfer, OH Hayden Kubik, from Nebraska. You'll remember her very, very briefly from the national championship match when she subbed in to address Nebraska's awful passing and then she immediately got stuff blocked and went right back to the bench. :cool:

Guess I’ve been WAITING SO LONG for volleyball, got ahead of myself. Now the pressure is on for those fortunate few who can go watch today. NEED information! Sure miss LHN.

I don't know everything about this team, but I do know that if Texas can't sweep UTSA all the remaining non-conf matches would be L's. Except possibly Cougar High.

And why are we going to Wacko to play Bailor OOC? Seems dumb to be giving them Texas revenue. How did it even get scheduled when Texas announced the move to the SEC? And to a lesser extent Cougar High, but maybe that was scheduled before they joined the B12 and didn't get taken off.

Agreed - the Baylor match should have been an exhibition match a week from now.

Anyone else going today? We (wife, daughter, her friend/teammate) will be in Section 115 Row 1. I think that is just behind and left (TV perspective) of Texas bench.

I tried like hell to buy seats behind the Texas bench. Nope. Ended up behind the enemy. Disgruntled.

Couldn’t determine which bench Texas was going to be at.

Horns win first set.30-28

Love me some Molly Phillips but man Rutherford is explosive.

Both setters rotated. Interesting going forward.

Don't see Devin on the sideline

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back