2024 Volleyball

So far its a "not pretty" type of game. We look like we played 5 sets last night.....
Lets get it together. :bevo:

I think having 2 good setters so far has hurt us making one decision on one and sticking to it:bevo:

The light was finally lit! The change early in the fourth set was dramatic. They started playing like they did the first set. TEXAS FIGHT!

Horns lose set five 15-7. Lose the match 3-2

Defense was nails. Offense never gained consistancy. And the Minnesota block was killer.

Horns lose set five 15-7. Lose the match 3-2

Defense was nails. Offense never gained consistancy. And the Minnesota block was killer.
I knew we should played that extra exhibition match!

Tough loss. Ladies didn't give up. I think Coach has to make a decision with setter position. I personally didn't think it did Ella any favors by pulling her or Averi.

Amazing to win set 4 by that margin then lay an egg in final set. Well that’s why you play it as the saying goes.
Pick yourself up ladies and get ready for the next one.

I know absolutely nothing about volleyball strategy or the nuances of the game, but it seems like Elliott uses these early season matches to build towards later in the season. The point is to be firing on all cylinders at seasons end (not necessarily at the beginning). We lost some early season matches last year and were playing on fire come tournament time.

I know absolutely nothing about volleyball strategy or the nuances of the game, but it seems like Elliott uses these early season matches to build towards later in the season. The point is to be firing on all cylinders at seasons end (not necessarily at the beginning). We lost some early season matches last year and were playing on fire come tournament time.
Yes, Augie did the same.

Just a bump in the road. Will definitely learn from this match and be better prepared against the next opponent that blocks well.
Horns Up!

Well Nebraska got swept by SMU yesterday. Yes...that SMU..Gonna be a wacky season.

Last edited:
Early season losses are learning opportunities, and we are a relatively young team. Elliot will use this loss to emphasize that no win is a given and that you have to stay focused. This team has endless potential.

Wow, switched from football watching to the match because of your heads up. What the heck happened to them? Miami must have made some terrific adjustments after dropping the first two sets pretty convincingly. Crazy. Tough tough loss. It will take some strong character and determination to put this disappointing type loss behind them.

Was almost a perfect Saturday...sigh
Seems as the match went on we began to just play worse and worse. I don't understand these 2 losses, Neither Minn. or Miami have better teams than we do but they both dominated us in those 5th sets. For me the Miami game was really bad cause we were up 2 sets.
My gut says we ain't seen nothing yet, just wait till we get to our new conference opponents.
BTW...when was the last time we lost to an unranked team at home?
I believe in this coaching staff more than any in the country, no matter the sport. Just like with Texas Football, there are no 3 or 4 game seasons. Meaning we got a lot of season left.
All in Texas!! :bevo:

A lot of change since last year. Not surprised at the 5th set losses. I will panic if we lose in 4 sets. That is why I suggested more exhibition games, but it doesn’t matter in the end.

How long has it been we lost when two up? Losing three straight is rough, physically and mentally.

We could well be a sub .500 team once conferance play opens. Stanford is.. Stanford..Houston played us tough last year and Baylor is always tough

Last edited:
As bad as those last 3 sets were I'd take this team over any team in the country, home or away. We still have the most competitive gym in the country.
I'm sticking with Texas Volleyball and this coaching staff.
All in Texas! :bevo:

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back