2024 Volleyball

Why not Vol? We do have the best program in the country.

It's not about us, it's about them. I come from SEC country and I couldn't see the group think association game until I was not there for about 15 years. I'm not sure a single SEC fan has a fully developed frontal cortex. There's no debating anything...you're either with them or against them.

Now with Football looking up, we will have solid success in practically every sport but the only sport they care about is football.....and occasionally baseball.

I will never chant SEC...SEC...SEC. I don't get it and I never will. I just think we're not a fit over in that part of the country.

It's not about us, it's about them. I come from SEC country and I couldn't see the group think association game until I was not there for about 15 years. I'm not sure a single SEC fan has a fully developed frontal cortex. There's no debating anything...you're either with them or against them.

Now with Football looking up, we will have solid success in practically every sport but the only sport they care about is football.....and occasionally baseball.

I will never chant SEC...SEC...SEC. I don't get it and I never will. I just think we're not a fit over in that part of the country.
LOL
You are so right. Everyone will hate Texas no matter the sport. Attendance will be crazy everywhere we go. Must see TV.

look what we have to look forward to next season in the SEC! A newly designed floor at “the Greg!”
Already has the SEC logo. Got rid of the black borders.

What were they thinking???

White boarders is a bad choice for several reasons:
1) when the white on the ball hits the white border, the line judges are going to have a VERY difficult time determining if the ball is in or out
2) it's going to wash out on tv. There will be white jerseys running around on a light colored wood with white court borders and lights reflecting off the floor.

Think about it. Have you ever seen any other courts with white borders? No you haven't. Choosing black last time (and burnt orange before that) was not an accident.

I've heard rumors that the SEC told UT they couldn't use black this time. Don't know why that would be. Maybe they want the schools to use only their official colors? If that's the case, though, it raises the obvious question - why not burnt orange borders???

Besides, if you overlook the functionality and practicality, it's not even aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Maybe it looks better in-person. I certainly hope so. They've earned better than this. [rant over]

I’m old. No changes please. I went and looked at national championship game and the outside was blue and inside court was light brown. There was a narrow (2”?) border between the two for boundary. Our new court will be outside white and inside court of light brown with boundary color of burnt orange. I’ll bet someone paid a consultant mucho $ to suggest this color scheme. I liked the old. But this is a First World problem and I’ll move on.

M. Spears and her TAV Black 18 won the National Qualifier in Austin last weekend. She’s still a junior. Was highlighted in write ups. I love club spring volleyball. My granddaughter plays setter on Excel 15 Gold and I get to see a lot of volleyball. We’ll watch minimum 5 games she plays tomorrow and Sunday in a tournament in Carrollton. Good times.

Madison Skinner could be one of the greatest volleyball players we have ever had here on the Forty.

The reality is that we have been fortunate beyond measure to have Logan and Madi. This is not a knock at the players before who were/are amazing. But, in addition to their incredible volleyball skillset, they are bringing with them a whole nother level of leadership and visibility for the program and the community. Some of this is specific to the opportunities that are available now as the sport of volleyball has grown. But, I'd say that they are the best duo of players/people/women that this sport has seen. (It may even beyond just volleyball - but in all of athletics.)

That's a lot of hype, but I just have to feel like this is not an every year thing. Just so blessed.

Could be "one" of the greatest volleyball player we have ever had here on the Forty. Meant no disrespect to Logan....

Destinee Hooker
Logan Eggleston
Bailey Webster
Haley Eckerman
Chiaka Ogbagu
Asjia O'Neal
Maddie Skinner

Maddie deserves to be up there on a long and distinguished list of Longhorn VB greats. And even with the list I posted, I am sure I have left off several other deserving players. In my opinion, we have been blessed with so many fantastic and tremendously talented young women over the years it is an impossible task to name one above all the others.

You're absolutely right Sangre, no way to list them all. That said, I'd add Demetria Sance, Dawn Davenport, and Michelle Moriarty to the list.

I just watched that Tik Tok (even though I told myself I would never give in to that app) and my first thought was "Where is she going to play"? These highlights show her hitting from the left. Maddie hits from there and plays the entire rotation. If we're going to make use of Lauenstein's talent, it would have to be from the middle or opposite. Does anyone know if she has played those positions?

Destinee Hooker
Logan Eggleston
Bailey Webster
Haley Eckerman
Chiaka Ogbagu
Asjia O'Neal
Maddie Skinner

Maddie deserves to be up there on a long and distinguished list of Longhorn VB greats. And even with the list I posted, I am sure I have left off several other deserving players. In my opinion, we have been blessed with so many fantastic and tremendously talented young women over the years it is an impossible task to name one above all the others.

Demetria Sance was an absolute stud back in the day!

Destinee Hooker
Logan Eggleston
Bailey Webster
Haley Eckerman
Chiaka Ogbagu
Asjia O'Neal
Maddie Skinner

Hypothetically...If Madi were to help us to 3rd straight championship, where would she be on this list?

Hypothetically...If Madi were to help us to 3rd straight championship, where would she be on this list?
That's a great question. If it were up to me, she'd have to be at the top. Four natty's would just be such rarified air that we've never seen at Texas. Yes those players at the top are some of the best ever, but the way Madi took this team on her back in a year no one thought we had a chance just put her at a whole different level.

It is a good question, and one point that needs to be made is that Coach Elliott has provided the team with absolutely top notch littles the last couple of years. We have always been known for hitting and blocking. We have only recently started playing elite defense too.

Makes a difference if you are comparing hitters by the titles they have won. Hitters alone usually only carry you so far.

I `was surprised with the mentioning that Gregory Gymnasium is not owned by the university. The university pays rental for every game. I hate that as Gregory is so unique with its history and atmosphere. But it's small. For sure it would be built somewhere on campus cause no one would tear down The Greg. I don't think.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back