2024 Recruiting - WBB

I will say this website does a great of advertising. I’m so tempted to subscribe but I refuse to pay $5 for a day when espn+ charges the same for a month. Anyone already subscribed to this outlet?

I didn't figure we would win out in the end for Jaloni Cambridge. Better to be eliminated now instead of way late in the process, IMO.

I kind of figured as much when the staff start posting Chavez highlights this summer. That means they’re all in on Chavez and that’s who I wanted from the beginning.

PG Bryanna Preston (Lovejoy, GA)…

This is a big one and she’s severely underrated in my opinion. Ranked #40 on espn but is a top 15-20 player. Texas can really build something special with the 2024-2025 class. Those two classes are absolutely stacked so we really need to close the door on our prospects.

As originally shared by Born in ATX, in the 2023-2024 season thread, Blair posted this:

Then a few hours later posted this:

Hopeful Hook’em!

I guess Blair is saying that they are doing more than not a darn thing. It would be nice to see some commitments. Although, it seems that most of the commitments come in late summer, or fall. Does anybody know how many players we are trying to recruit?

Bring home some good ones Coach!

My niece is playing at a Premier Basketball event in Frisco this weekend - I was hoping to bump into one of the assistants. I guess the big time tourneys are out of state this weekend. I’ve only seen D2 coaches on the sidelines.

For anyone who hasn’t seen Madison in game play…going for her 3rd gold medal with Team USA.

EDIT: Those times are Eastern.

Last edited:
It seems most are assuming her commitment to South Carolina is an inevitability (they're probably right) but F Joyce Edwards really impressed me at the U19s. One of the commentators mentioned that she was 1st Team All State as a junior in basketball, volleyball and soccer. Made the all-tournament team despite not starting a single game (as did Hannah Hidalgo).

A week after a nightmarish experience with Allegiant on a recruiting trip to California, Blair rode in style with her dad to Memphis.

Nashville would make more sense, but #7 Imari Berry?
I assume the primary reason for Memphis is the US Open Championship for 9th and 10th grades this weekend. The teams playing are the elite when it comes to HS girls summer ball.

upload_2023-7-28_15-19-54.png

We did not make the final cut for Taliyah Parker. Disappointing as she had taken an official visit. But, we do have a lot of tall guards /wings. Still, that article about her commitment to defense was appealing (to me).

I don't know what has happened to the posters who usually update the recruiting threads. Guess I will have to do it myself. Here is news I ran across earlier this week.

Kyomi McMiller eliminated Texas.

Somewhat better news is that Justice Carlton is reported by BALLISLIFE to be down to 4 schools including Texas. She is said to have eliminated Arizona. (Does not want to play in Big 12?) I am not too excited because Texas appears to be up against heavy hitters. Her reported list is now: Texas, LSU, South Carolina, and UConn.

For 2024, I only know of Justice Carlton and Bryanna Preston, and possibly Jordan Lee as top players with continued mutual interest with Texas. That would be a great recruiting class, but there is a lot of competition for all three players.

We need both Jak and Gisella both to break out this year! Bonus if Gisella looks good at the point. Even then, Texas needs to add a guard or two for next year. Will Shay come back for a fifth year?

Adhel Tac?

Who knows? I have not seen anything recent about her recruitment. Vic was quoted in a news article earlier this summer as saying that Abbie and Tionna will be anchoring the center position on the Texas team for years to come. I took that as a clue that Tac is not coming. Consider that Jones and Faye are probably this years' centers. Abbie and Tionna are working to be ready to take over no earlier than 2024.

Who knows? I have not seen anything recent about her recruitment. Vic was quoted in a news article earlier this summer as saying that Abbie and Tionna will be anchoring the center position on the Texas team for years to come. I took that as a clue that Tac is not coming. Consider that Jones and Faye are probably this years' centers. Abbie and Tionna are working to be ready to take over no earlier than 2024.
I still say we must start to win our state recruits if we want to be an elite, consistent program in the country/SEC. Would be great to begin with Carlton and Chavez.

Tac will be returning after major knee injury this winter. I would guess all will kinda await to see how her health is. Including Tac.

Well heck. Texas not in the running for this one!

No teams from the state of Texas. For some reason, I thought academics might play a huge role in her decision; but, if she's included Louisville among her finalists, then I guess not.

I did think when Vic added Tionna Herron via the transfer portal that it could be an indication that we might not be in a good spot to land Adel Tac.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back