2024 Recruiting - Football

Your children will be so thankful when they grow up..I was born and raised in Lubbock and my parents moved us to Westlake when I was going into my sophomore year. It was 1970 and Westlake was an empty paradise
My children are grown & they have thanked me many times.

After being out of W Texas a couple of yrs we went back to visit family. As we were going thru down town Lubbock one of the boys said, "Daddy, I don't remember Lubbock being so ugly."

A few more recruiting - mostly A&M related - tidbits from a IT poster who had a bead on the recruitment of DE Colin Simmons.

- CB Corian Gipson and ATH Terry Bussey are in play for Texas, and Gipson should be at the OU game

- OL Weston Davis, LB Tyanthony Smith and S Myles Davis should be considered soft commitments, and one of them has already checked out. All 3 are takes if they hurry.

- A&M de-commitment season should begin soon

Ruben Owens?

Was he previously committed to Texas or Louisville?
I have to wonder if Owens is someone we really covet. Certainly a great back, but there’s only one football. Keeping Baxter, Brooks, Gibson, Clark, Wisner, Blue and a few others happy will not be easy.

I have to wonder if Owens is someone we really covet. Certainly a great back, but there’s only one football. Keeping Baxter, Brooks, Gibson, Clark, Wisner, Blue and a few others happy will not be easy.

He is a freshman with the ags. We do not covet. Not sure how or why his name even came up .

I am guessing Red will portal. perhaps Blue also. I prefer keeping veterans, however.
looking forward to see what Clark and Gibson bring to the table.
We are set with Brooks and Baxter. I think this is Brooks third year. He could opt for the draft. So we might lose three RBs after this season. We shall see.

Last edited:
I see Brooks and Blue staying.....Wisner red shirt but would like to see him play ssome this year but he needs to bulk up some

Clark, Gibson to redshirt next year unless Gibson finds playing time in 1st 4 games in '24 and SS keeps him in top 3....but then where's Blue?

Red probably gone ....no where to slot him.

Don’t wanna see Red go but that’s just me. Haven’t seen much of him but like him from the little I have. Guess I have to trust the coaches on this.

Blue is getting reps. I hope he sees light.
Blue is solid to stay. He and JB are the two that run the show. Keilan is a senior ;C4 has yet to prove anything and Red was always a situational back. The depth numbers are low next year. So no rb can afford to portal in my opinion.

S Myles Davis who is committed to aggie reposted this.

1694646009533-png.404584

Last edited:
S Myles Davis who is committed toaggie reposted this.

1694646009533-png.404584
Jimbo is straight genius.
$78M to stay home and assemble jigsaw puzzles with his readers on.
Well played Jimbo. Before I retired the corporate hacks called it ‘being nimble’; dam I hated that overused phrase.

K'Von "Showtime" Sherman
LB
6'3
220 lbs

Hutchinson County Community College (Kansas; Pearland, TX High School)

Looks like superstar LB Showtime Sherman is getting his stuff (academics?) together at Hutchinson CC, and is still getting it done on the field. We liked this guy enough to give him a coveted invite to the (top) recruits swim party. For some mysterious reason (academics???), he didn't get an offer, and ended up in community college.

He's one to revisit as a possible CC-transfer LB. Showtime flies all over the field, has a nose for the ball, gets to the ball carrier, and makes tackles.

He was off every major program's radar except ours as a Sr. in high school. He maybe didn't even have a "star" rating with the recruiting services. He was a zero star recruit. His listed weight (from his Jr. year) during recruiting was well below 200 lbs. In reality, he muscled up late in his Jr. year and over the Summer, and played his Sr. year around 215 lbs. At our limited invite pool party, he was surrounded by our 4 star and 5 star recruits. His abilities on the field are not in question. His film was ridiculous (although he did take the occasional play off--and just as sure as one could "drive a Mack truck"* through a big hole, coaches don't like that).

*Rumor is he hits as hard as coach's grandma. Of course, coach's grandma can run a 4.5 40, and bench 400 lbs...

K'Von Sherman
https://twitter.com/showtimesherm?lang=en

Last edited:

Recent Threads

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Back