2024 Recruiting - Football

We'll see how long this lasts.

Not long once he realizes the superior options out there. If he’s smart or has someone smart in his corner.
At last check, tech was 0-2 and bbq.
Then there is the fact that Lubbock will destroy your nice car with red sand blasting and tumbleweeds bigger than your house blowing around. Like that nice new NIL corvette? Not in Lubbock.

Last edited:
For that matter, why even complain about the background of a pic. Come on now.
Not trying to keep this issue going, but what is in the background? I’m totally clueless what the issue is. Just asking for my own understanding. Not taking a side one way or the other.

Not trying to keep this issue going, but what is in the background? I’m totally clueless what the issue is. Just asking for my own understanding. Not taking a side one way or the other.
It appears the photo was taken in a hotel bathroom.

It appears the photo was taken in a hotel bathroom.

One of my simple pleasures is doing public stuff that embarrasses my kids. They were teens when bathroom selfies became popular. I took one with the toilet in the background. The toilet was full of my last poo. They still hate me.

We'll see how long this lasts.

I don't know. Tech loses to Wyoming and we beat Alabama and he commits? Timing feels definitive.

He heard Wingo is headed our way, so saving face now he’s lost his place.

This is likely.

While I love the Wingo kid, this is not about him...I do wish we were locking down our borders better. #nowestmall From 247 Top Texas recruits, we're likely to get 1 of the Top 5 and 2 of the Top 10 in Texas. Doesn't feel right imo

Not long once he realizes the superior options out there. If he’s smart or has someone smart in his corner.
I believe there are other factors here pulling him to tt. Did I read somewhere his dad played there? Either way, Joey Maguire is a solid coach. They easily could be 2-0 but its still lubbock. I grew up 30 miles from there and there are no worse fans in the world that tech. There are 2-3 days out of a year that the wind and sand are not blowing. I kind of believe Texas also has Wingo in its sights. We are also pretty solid at wr right now. Pretty sure X is gone a year end and Jwhitt is for sure on his last hooraa. Not sure where Neyor is given his injury. If hudson is good with the ahole of the world then wish him well.

I believe there are other factors here pulling him to tt. Did I read somewhere his dad played there? Either way, Joey Maguire is a solid coach. They easily could be 2-0 but its still lubbock. I grew up 30 miles from there and there are no worse fans in the world that tech. There are 2-3 days out of a year that the wind and sand are not blowing. I kind of believe Texas also has Wingo in its sights. We are also pretty solid at wr right now. Pretty sure X is gone a year end and Jwhitt is for sure on his last hooraa. Not sure where Neyor is given his injury. If hudson is good with the ahole of the world then wish him well.

And you don't mention Niblett, Cook or Moore

I went to 5th and 6th grade in Brownfield. That was enough of the South Plains to last me my whole life.
I have hundreds of kinfolk out in the west Texas area and for the most part they are solid folks. Having been a Texas fan from a very very young age, going to a game in lubbock was always risky because of the penis envy they have. No sane person ever wants to go to lubbock and that in itself adds to their butt hurt. Have had friends and 1 kin play for Texas and again, its always unpleasant to attend games there. Thought it funny that after tt played oregon this week, some bartender in the airport was commenting about how so many oregon fans were complimentary of tech fans. Let them come to a game with Texas or even the farmers from college station and see what they think of lubbock fans.

At least one usually knowledgeable mod observed last week that perhaps Hudson isn’t a good cultural fit for Texas.

Have not heard anything about a cultural fit issue
. It was reported by TT mods that there is a girlfriend that is going to TT that likely aided his decision to go there. I did post back in June that he wasn't thrilled with our depth chart. Again his father went to tech.

In any event we just never got traction with him but he is a full take if he wants in.

Last edited:
Have not heard anything about a cultural fit issue
. It was reported by TT mods that there is a girlfriend that is going to TT that likely aided his decision to go there. I did post back in June that he wasn't thrilled with the depth chart. Again his father went to tech.

In any event we just never got traction with him but he is a full take if he wants in.
Probably better if he transfers in after 2 years.

IT saying the weekend of the Kansas game on September 30th should be the big visit date for 2024 targets.

IMG guys are a few who will be back in town.

IT saying the weekend of the Kansas game on September 30th should be the big visit date for 2024 targets.

IMG guys are a few who will be back in town.
Oh no!!!! Will be extra nervous about a trap game!

Lots of buzz that a pretty big name called and will be visiting. Didn't reveal the name, but said it will be out in a couple of weeks.

Also that Texas is likely to flip a db and OL that are committed elsewhere.( db Gipson and OL Weston Davis ? )

Also said the visit list is growing and by the time they play in Dallas, the list would be "legendary"

I grew up in/ lived in Seminole 20 yrs & lived (off & on) in Lubbock another 18. Thank God I escaped & got my kids out.
Your children will be so thankful when they grow up..I was born and raised in Lubbock and my parents moved us to Westlake when I was going into my sophomore year. It was 1970 and Westlake was an empty paradise

Wingo with a pic of Worthy.

image.png.5d90ed2417698bbedd68c1ca61c8c575.png

so who do we think ends up with the good guys? I think:
Baker
Wingo
Black
I think that makes 22. Solid class. Room for a couple more.

Recent Threads

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Back