2024 Recruiting - Football

I fail to see why most would not be optimistice regarding coaching and player potentential as well as developement

'On3 is expecting CB Wardell Mack to be in Austin next weekend for the Rice game.'

Thought he was hard commit to Florida! Wavering??

image.png.b7bd4dda85a41fa9150270ddefb5cbd4.png

'On3 is expecting CB Wardell Mack to be in Austin next weekend for the Rice game.'

Thought he was hard commit to Florida! Wavering??
Fine, we live in a NIL world. I understand it, i agree in principle with it, it scares me when Maalik is offered money to transfer as it goes against the fabric of the game, but fine.
Then the circus the transfer portal has become. Its worse than the NFL.
So- if a kid commits- it needs to be a binding contract for both sides. You transfer, you owe the money you received. Scholarship esp.
These kids want it to be business, then it needs to be thst. And i hate this.
Signing day is dead.

It's coming down to NIL and who has what left in the pantry. I imagine all these schools have great campus life and showed the players a good time. How bad do we need another 5-star DE? It would be nice, because as Mike Tyson said, "Everybody has a plan until they get hit in the mouth." But do we have holes elsewhere?

by,

Are you saying that Ron Morris was just 40 years ahead of his time when he arrived for his official visit with a list of schools and what each was offering back in the 80s?

by,

Are you saying that Ron Morris was just 40 years ahead of his time when he arrived for his official visit with a list of schools and what each was offering back in the 80s?

Visionaries are so misunderstood! Those who clung to amateurism seemed to have all the money. People like Morris (taking your word for it) weren't playing around. They knew what was happening.

Last edited:
If he could, he wouldn’t go aggy
aggy hasn't incorporated any new music into their repertiore since Ballad of the Green Berets in 1966...57 yrs ago. They SHOULD be good @ their little box & diamond drill...they have been doing the SAME routine since Christ was a Corporal.

All three schools (UT, LSU, Ohio State) are great schools. The campus experience is "best times of my life," guaranteed. Coaching means something for sure. Preparing for the NFL. Relationship with mom. All that. Which three schools have sent proven winners to the NFL?

Ohio State:

Bosa brothers. Case Young. Maybe I'm missing something but it's next level money in addition to NIL. But if he comes to Austin, it will be a great thing for him and his family and if he performs in the SEC on that level, then he will be paid top ten draft pick money in the NFL.

I've said since day 1 that I hate that California basically ruined college football when they passed the law to pay players. I also said that now that this cat is out of the bag we better be the best at paying players since we have more money than anyone else. Seems like we're doing farily well.

Here's a classic video for our last few recruiting targets:

at 5:40 is one of the memorable plays in the old Arkansas rivalry.

Last edited:

Recent Threads

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Back