2024 Recruiting - Football

Wednesday news on DT Dominick McKinley, per Hamilton at IT...

- coaches from LSU, Oklahoma and Texas are going to be at Acadiana HS for his announcement on Friday. A&M may show up as well.

- the confidence in Austin is lower in the last 48 hours, but the family has been in constant contact with Sark.

- Texas' advantages are driving distance (the family wants to be able to watch the younger brother play football on Friday nights before traveling), moving to the SEC and McKinley wanting to major in computer science.

- A&M's confidence has increased in the past two weeks with College Station being the second closest town after Baton Rouge, plus it has a smaller feel like Lafayette.

- Oklahoma's DL coach and director of recruiting have supposedly hit a home run with the family from a religious angle as they're very big on faith, but travel to Norman isn't straightforward.

Can the coaches fight eachother in the gym ala Anchor Man and whoever wins gets his commitment?

Everybody was kung fu fighting
Those cats were fast as lightning
In fact, it was a little bit frightening
But they fought with expert timing
If i recall correctly, there was funky Billy Chin and little Sammy Chung
He said, Here comes the big boss , and at that point they got it on.
There were funky China men from funky Chinatown
I cant confirm or deny these claims, but i heard they were experts… From a feint into a slip and a kicking from the hip.
HornInChicago might provide more info.

If he does select The Cult, it’ll be interesting how things play out after we beat Alabama on the ninth, and TAM starts losing one of their 5+ games, soon.

upload_2023-9-1_15-43-41.png

If someone asked me to rate our 5 star targets in order of importance, relative to need:

1. Simmons - Gretest position of need.

2. WR: Wingo or Hudson, or …

3. McKinley

4. Black - We’re deep at CB.

5. Baker - Again, an area of strength and depth.

Don’t get me wrong, I want them all. But this is the list based on need from my perspective.

A reasoned analysis. Truly hate to miss on McKinley but we have had success at building solid DL from lesser stars. Not sour grapes, wish we had him, but reality. As to WRs, likely one or so are waiting to see what others do. We had a bunch of stud, high ranked WR that aren’t even mentioned in the current analysis. Last year notably. Black is a cant pass DB and depth be damned, he is crucial. Likely a get. Baker, depth or not, cant have enough high ceilinged OL. While there are gems in lower rated players, high ratings in top HS competition is a go get. Baker is home if we can overcome weather issues. Hates the hot and this summer cant have helped.
Watch Rice in 100 degrees to get an idea of quality depth on the lines.
Never loses sight of this. AtM will be aggie and all those commits are on loan.

Recent Threads

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Back