2024 Recruiting - Football

IT saying Bussey will be at the Alabama/Texas game on September 9th, and then he's a possibility to be in Austin the following weekend for the Wyoming game.

He hasn't taken his A&M official yet, and that's likely to happen in October, but Texas has a chance to give him a lot to think about in the short-term.

Terry Bussey, Timpson, Wide Receiver

IT had this info.
Texas coaches are planning to be in Louisiana on September 1st to watch Acadiana vs. Lafayette Christian.

Decision day for DT Dominick McKinley.

HORNS 247, ON MCKINLEY

"Talking to sources over the weekend, feelings have remained favorable towards UT ahead of Friday, if not gaining more momentum in Texas’ direction."Hank South

" .. a source north of the Red River told Horns247 the Sooners staff has started to wane on their chances with the five-star, with the same source believing McKinley will be selecting the burnt orange when it comes time to make a decision on Friday."(Jordan Scruggs, I think.)

(Potentially interesting tell.)"For what it’s worth, as of right now I’m planning to make the drive out to Louisiana on Friday to see McKinley and his Acadiana squad take on Texas commit Melvin Hills and his Lafayette Christian Academy team. I have a couple of backup games in place in case we get word that the pick won’t be the Longhorns, but as of now I’m planning to spend more than a few hours on I-10 on Friday."(Jordan Scruggs, I think.)

BUCKEYES 247, ON MCKINLEY AND BAKER

"When it comes to NIL Texas has plenty of backing and they likely have the ability to make things happen with both McKinley and offensive lineman Brandon Baker, two huge targets of both the Buckeyes and Longhorns. But there is still the feeling on the Ohio State side that the Buckeyes could win at least one of these two battles."Bill Kurelic.

Steve Wiltfong (247) just said when you add up all the intel on Dominick McKinley, as of now most signs point to Texas.

He did talk about Ohio State, Oklahoma and Texas A&M being in it.

IT guys keep saying that being within reasonable driving distance is a factor and McKinley really wants to experience something different and leave the state, so lsu is running 3rd. That would leave us and agsy as the only realistic options

Some ominous news on McKinley.
Looks like the gaggies have made a late push and have made inroads for McKinley. Nail biting time.

Hank South (Horns 247), on Dominick McKinley.

Was told Sark and McKinley's mother have been in contact today and yesterday, so any reports that Texas is out of it are just speculation. Checking in with several sources today, I have heard the Aggies buzz and I'm not discounting it. They're a serious contender for McKinley and one that we've seen several media lean towards here less than 72 hours out. I'm not there yet. I'm sticking with my Texas prediction for now. I think we're probably going to see some more twists and turns and we're probably going to see a healthy contingent of coaching staffs at Acadiana on Friday (the first day coaches can get back out on the road).

image.jpeg.8081190b6ad7e9b156fc7476ad3368e6.jpeg

Some ominous news on McKinley.
Looks like the gaggies have made a late push and have made inroads for McKinley. Nail biting time.
It would be surprising to see him go there after their haul last year and their performance with that group. They obviously paid a lot of money for last years class and also lost some of them to the portal already.

It would be surprising to see him go there after their haul last year and their performance with that group. They obviously paid a lot of money for last years class and also lost some of them to the portal already.
That was 2 years ago. Their last recruiting class was quite modest.

That was 2 years ago. Their last recruiting class was quite modest.
You are correct, I was off 1 year but still atm had a monster dl class 2 years ago. As bad as they were last year though it would still be a shame for him to go there. Its a cesspool of sports so hope he makes a wise choice. I also hope that Texas has a much improved d this yr to solidify any current commits as well.

I don’t know any more than the next guy, but Gerry Hamilton of IT has long believed that academics are a big deal to Dominic‘s mother, who is either a teacher now, or she was a teacher and is now in a supervisorial role.

It may come down to big city versus a small town, and normalcy versus a cult. Why anyone would want to join that cult is beyond me. Money, I guess.

I believe that our secret weapon in all of these close battles may simply be Sark. He is a genuine and believable person. Contrast that to someone like Jimbo, or that actor in Baton Rouge.

Wednesday news on DT Dominick McKinley, per Hamilton at IT...

- coaches from LSU, Oklahoma and Texas are going to be at Acadiana HS for his announcement on Friday. A&M may show up as well.

- the confidence in Austin is lower in the last 48 hours, but the family has been in constant contact with Sark.

- Texas' advantages are driving distance (the family wants to be able to watch the younger brother play football on Friday nights before traveling), moving to the SEC and McKinley wanting to major in computer science.

- A&M's confidence has increased in the past two weeks with College Station being the second closest town after Baton Rouge, plus it has a smaller feel like Lafayette.

- Oklahoma's DL coach and director of recruiting have supposedly hit a home run with the family from a religious angle as they're very big on faith, but travel to Norman isn't straightforward.

Recent Threads

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Back