2024 Recruiting - Football

Earl Thomas says hi.
He's a damn good db and would have loved to have gotten him.
Seriously doubt this guy is another Earl Thomas. I watched his tape.But with our depth, we will get the great ones who what to compete rather than be a bench guy.
Thanks for your recruiting news, you really stepped up when we lost Joe fan.
Appreciate your work.

Last edited:
Update on S Joshua Lair of Fort Bend Marshall, per IT.

Worth mentioning Hamilton doesn't believe he'll visit Washington, and LSU wasn't mentioned.

He should decide no later than October.

“I talk to Sark three times a week,” Lair told Inside Texas. “We texted back-and-forth Monday. He tells me to come home. That’s it. Just come home, and play for Texas.”

“The atmosphere and the coaches. Coach Blake (Gideon),” said Lair. “That is my guy. We have built a strong relationship from the beginning up until now. I know some of the players on the team too. Coach Gideon and I text every day.”

“History. Really it’s just history,” Lair admits. ”I grew up watching UT all my life. It’s their history.”

“UT and Baylor and Washington. That’s who I’m considering,” said Lair.

“She (Lair's mother) is big on me staying close,” Lair told IT. ”She is not digging me going far from home. That’s one thing, and I understand that. I’m keeping that in my pocket. I want to major in sports medicine, so that will be a factor.”

Joshua Lair, Fort Bend Marshall, Safety

From yhe Fong.

image.png.1fca9127771427dc1cd2e6b5c2ab6932.png

From yhe Fong.

image.png.1fca9127771427dc1cd2e6b5c2ab6932.png
Missouri just passed a law that helps keep hs seniors staying in Missouri. Sneaky stuff.
A 5 star can make a few thousand, yet pass up a better opportunity out if state and more NIL if they leave Missouri, but a 17 year old boy wont be able to see that.
Football recruits can start earning NIL money once they sign with an in-state school as early as December of their senior year.
I have no doubt this will impact Wingis decision.

Im no lawyer, however i cant see how Missouri can legally enforce this….no NIL if you go to Texas state law.

Missouri just passed a law that helps keep hs seniors staying in Missouri. Sneaky stuff.
A 5 star can make a few thousand, yet pass up a better opportunity out if state and more NIL if they leave Missouri, but a 17 year old boy wont be able to see that.
Football recruits can start earning NIL money once they sign with an in-state school as early as December of their senior year.
I have no doubt this will impact Wingis decision.

Im no lawyer, however i cant see how Missouri can legally enforce this….no NIL if you go to Texas state law.
If that law is indeed true, we should not waste one once of sweat or one penny expense recruiting any kid from Missouri.
Concentrate efforts else where.
We should find out soon if this law was cause for us to lose Wingo.

Mr Wingo’s recruiting trip will include such highlights as

1) The Texas Dept of Public Safety welcomes you to Texas. Your Texas drivers license will be sent to you within two weeks.

2) please fill out this form and you’ll be registered to vote in The Great Republic.

3) your transcript has been approved for transfer to the Eanes School District from which you will graduate in June.

At the same time the Governor's secretary just announced, “Governor, there is a Mr Beck on line one “

Last edited:
Wingo isn't expected to commit in the near future. His original timeline to commit was December 20th which is early signing period I think. I believe the article is referring to recruits that could commit before the season starts in a few weeks.

This is an interesting one because IT said Texas wouldn't be pursuing, but DE Jordan Ross of Vestavia Hills, AL says he'll be back on campus in the fall.

“I’ve heard a lot,” Ross told Horns247 of the latest with the Longhorns. “When I went down for my OV I absolutely loved Texas. I had a great time down there.”

“I’d say like talking to one of the football players from Texas, who was originally from Birmingham, Alabama — Justice Finkley,” Ross said of OV highlights. “He tells me how it’s a great program, how they can develop me, and how Austin is just a great city in general.”

“I haven’t really looked at anyone’s games,” he said. “I plan to go down there and watch a game. That’s kind of on my agenda. I haven’t figured out which one I want to go to.”

“They’re like we have a great program,” Ross said of the staff’s pitch. “Like Justice said. We can develop you and we would love for you to be here. There’s a lot of opportunities here for you to be great.”

“I’m still thinking about it,” he said. “But I’m pretty sure what I want. I haven’t set a day or anything, but I’m pretty sure I’ve got it down. It’s still a little secret.”

“I can’t really say too much but I can say Texas is really in there,” he said. “Texas is like top three right now.”

“I’d say seeing how Justice played out and seeing how he got on the field so early,” Ross said. “I saw some of his highlights. I’m not really seeing that position there as full. I think they have a low depth chart. There aren’t too many players at that position.”

From a Tennessee board, but no idea if he's a reputable poster.

DE Jordan Ross commits tomorrow

His announcement is scheduled for 7 p.m. central time.

image.png.283b2524c5d83b626c9df9697d25d360.png

You never discount a 5* but just dont see him getting away from the vols. They have a bad aura around them with hypel but they were good last year and have been in the past. Texas has certainly recruited the DL well enough that this one is not critical but just a bonus. If we perform on d, we have the horses. Only question on d is do we have the coaching.

YOUR only question. Most of us are quite comfortable with the coaching.
I respect all opinions, but yeah…. Look at the coaches and advisors (the name escapes me) that UT has.
Bo Davis bus speech is exactly what was needed. And the first kid to support Bo on social media was Worthy . Bos an A+
Pete? Dang it just look at what he did after the year of the Bo Speech and the right players… A
Choice, do i need even adding comments? A
Jeff Banks! AJ, Flood!!!!, SARK, look what he’s doing. Probably headed to an A.

geez i think coaching is THE strength next to the WR or DBs.

Last edited:

Recent Threads

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Back