2024 Recruiting - Football

dude could start his own “JT Daniels Former U” conference :smile1:
At this rate, he’s going into Blutarski territory!
1D48E76D-BB74-46A7-988B-F29FBC384562.jpeg

Kinda adds to the legacy of mensa.

"Great note from IT after the commitment of DE Colin Simmons.

"They had previously said Herman was seen in the area as pretty toxic before being fired.

'There may not be a healthier relationship in the country right now than the one between Sark and South Dallas.” "

If we were to somehow get those 5, pretty sure we would be in the top 5-7. Hard to argue with that considering we are coming on late in the process. As noted, hard to doubt Sark given what he has done in 2.5 years of recruiting.
seems to me we would definitely be top five.
Those 5 are major points each. But regardless they will be strong contributors to the program, most likely.
I am especially stoked about getting McKinley and Baker.

seems to me we would definitely be top five.
Those 5 are major points each. But regardless they will be strong contributors to the program, most likely.
I am especially stoked about getting McKinley and Baker.

Simmons commitment has certainly caused a stir. Look for some names to resurface and names that haven't even been mentioned as of yet in the next few weeks.

Those two Maryland games were perfect examples of TH not having a team prepared to play. Totally incompetent coaching.
But let’s not sleep on Rice, they do have portal JT Daniels at qb. Daniels has to be 46 or something, too many transfers for me to remember.

I think Bernie Kosar is the Rice backup.

Without criticizing our recruits, do you think we've had a harder time with Hudson and Wingo because our QB this cycle is not as talented?

Also do you think our going for a good/not great talent at QB is impacted by the psychological makeup of Arch? They think it will be better if he didn't have someone breathing down his neck?

Just wondering

DL TJ Lindsey supposed to announce his commitment today correct? Are we realistically in it or is he a long shot for us at this point?

Without criticizing our recruits, do you think we've had a harder time with Hudson and Wingo because our QB this cycle is not as talented?

Also do you think our going for a good/not great talent at QB is impacted by the psychological makeup of Arch? They think it will be better if he didn't have someone breathing down his neck?

Just wondering
I don’t think Hudson and Wingo are affected by who our QB recruit is this year. I’m sure they see what we have on board right now including Arch being a possible RS Frosh when those guys step on campus as purely positive. There’s no telling what the biggest factor is for each of those guys. Could be family pressure, HS coaching pressure, following a GF somewhere or just a relationship with a coach at a specific university. And with NIL involved, there’s even more uncertainty.

As far as who we are recruiting at QB, I don’t think it has anything to do with making Arch feel comfortable. If he’s the “guy” he won’t care who he competes against. If he’s not the guy, he’ll probably never elevate his game to be the starting QB here. I have a feeling Arch is a bad *** competitor and wants to prove himself as opposed to being handed the job.

I don't begin to understand all of this. But Hudson is still crystal balled to tceh. That makes no sense...

Just wondering
I am pretty sure Hudson is sold on Joey Maguire. He is a solid coach and I believe he will do good at Tech. Can tech be super competitive on a national level, yes. The pirate proved that as did Spike when he was there. JM has the same personable character that Spike had and has been even more successful. Hudson may want to be a big fish in a litle sand blown pond or maybe he just likes tech. Either way if Texas performs to the level that we should, perhaps he shows some interest again.

Just wondering

Our qb's have nothibg to do with Hudsons or Wingos thinking. Hudson is a tech legacy and Wingo is an out of state 5* who is enjoying his recrutment. The thing on Hudson is if he loved tech so much why hasn't he committed .

There are no issues with Arch. It's been mentioned several times but he is fine with red shirting.

DL TJ Lindsey supposed to announce his commitment today correct? Are we realistically in it or is he a long shot for us at this point?

Auburn is the likely choice. With the feel good vibes concerning McKinley the staff is not pushing .

Our qb's have nothibg to do with Hudsons or Wingos thinking. Hudson is a tech legacy and Wingo is an out of state 5* who is enjoying his recrutment. The thing on Hudson is if he loved tech so much why hasn't he committed .

There are no issues with Arch. It's been mentioned several times but he is fine with red shirting.

Thanks. Just wondering :hookem:

247 spoke with WR Micah Hudson yesterday and he told them he was texting with Sark the morning DE Colin Simmons committed to Texas.

He said Simmons got in touch with him after the ceremony, and still talks to Coach Jackson a lot.

I’d say not at all. Sark simply cannot recruit and then keep/utilize a 5 star QB in every class. It’s not manageable. I’ll go out on a limb and say that we have at least two but perhaps three future NFL starting quarterbacks right now, and we can only really feature one of them in 2023. Probably the same for 2024. Manning cannot leave for the NFL prior to the 2026 season, so he will be in college through 25.

We appear to have an incoming stud in 25. That works out about right, or it should.

Not sure if these are related but Simmons with the :hookem::hookem::hookem: and theres some chatter about a 5 star commitment at 7pm. What all this means who knows.

Yes something is brewing as I mentioned.
Hamilton at IT teeted out a " hi" emoji earlier.
He typically does that when we have one in the house.

Recent Threads

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Back