2024 Recruiting - Football

Really surprised on this as it seemed to waffle back and forth and on those we don't usually win. Sark must be pretty smooth in the recruiting world. I watched a clip on espn (I know they suck but its what we have) that claims Texas favored in every game except Bama and talking about a loaded roster of talent. I agree with the talent part of it, now we have to get to the goal line with that talent. I just love typing this: 49-0 and wish it would have been 100-0.

I really don't like the hat dance thing. I worry these kids think it is all about THEM and not the team. Still, it's been going on a long time, and I guess it's just nice he chose us. We used to not even have our hat in the pile on the table.

image.png.a803443075dfb1d5febabb22cb9ca2be.png

Momma is happy.

Thats a great article. Money still drives most of this and Texas has the NIL figured out but as stated before Sark is building some talent and depth. Hopefully Simmons brings more with him as he states but the team has to perform this year with no distractions. Its 8:05pm and ou still sucks!! 49-0

Lagway's dad is the best HS player I ever saw in person. A friend I used to teach with at a different school was teaching at Willis. He called me and told me I had to see this kid with my own eyes to believe how good. He wasn't lying. He had like 260+ on less than 20 carries for 3 or 4 TDs along with a roughly 70+yard reception for another one.It was against 4A competition in '95. 'll take a chance on his son everyday of the year

Lagway's dad is the best HS player I ever saw in person. A friend I used to teach with at a different school was teaching at Willis. He called me and told me I had to see this kid with my own eyes to believe how good. He wasn't lying. He had like 260+ on less than 20 carries for 3 or 4 TDs along with a roughly 70+yard reception for another one.It was against 4A competition in '95. 'll take a chance on his son everyday of the year
Couple of problems: 1. Lagway is a solid commit to Florida, 2. Texas hasn't offered & not sure there is even any communication between DJ & UT. Of course, that could change. Never hurts to have another 5* QB in the wings.

Best part is that we don’t open with Maryland.
Those two Maryland games were perfect examples of TH not having a team prepared to play. Totally incompetent coaching.
But let’s not sleep on Rice, they do have portal JT Daniels at qb. Daniels has to be 46 or something, too many transfers for me to remember.

Is this the same guy who was the QB for USC when they came to Austin in 2018? Can’t believe he still has eligibility
Yep, that’s him. The Rice coach was drooling over getting him. He recruited Daniels out of high school in his first assistant coach job.
Daniels first stop was SC, then Geo., West Virginia and probably others.

Last edited:
Wiltfong of 247 wrote this morning a source near the Texas program has him feeling good about five-stars OL Brandon Baker, DT Dominick McKinley and CB Kobe Black.

He likes Texas' positioning for five-star WR Ryan Wingo as well, but acknowledges that Missouri is making a strong push to keep him home.

Recent Threads

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Back