2024 Recruiting - Football

Per TFB, Texas is becoming the team to beat in the race for DT Dominick McKinley.

They believe it's likely that Texas goes 2 for 2 with him and Simmons.

Per TFB, Texas is becoming the team to beat in the race for DT Dominick McKinley.

They believe it's likely that Texas goes 2 for 2 with him and Simmons.

that would be an amazing coup to get both! And I guess we’re out of it with the 5 star OL out of Cali? Haven’t really heard any news on him lately unless he already committed somewhere else and I just missed it.

that would be an amazing coup to get both! And I guess we’re out of it with the 5 star OL out of Cali? Haven’t really heard any news on him lately unless he already committed somewhere else and I just missed it.

Baker has not comitted anywhere yet and we are very much in the mix.
His recruitment has been very quiet. Very similar to Campbell's recruitment 2 years ago.

Oregon's move to the big 10 and the Baker's family ties with the Akanas can only help.

wow, getting Simmons, McKinley and Baker, to go with what we have already, would make this a great class and would just about cement a solid future.
But, as everyone knows, it has to translate to the field. In the meantime, however, I love the momentum.

wow, getting Simmons, McKinley and Baker, to go with what we have already, would make this a great class and would just about cement a solid future.
But, as everyone knows, it has to translate to the field. In the meantime, however, I love the momentum.
I remember the momentum we had going into an home opener against Maryland.

Those were opening day losses.
Has nothing to do with recruiting momentum.
We had a lot of recruiting momentum before that game. Herman was going to get it done - the path is clear!

Sorry, when is the announcement tomorrow for Simmons? Also why would both him and his teammate (apparently a lock to LSU) announce the same team on the same day? No one does that except in rare cases. Some lower level teams might push for the big splash, but LSU doesn’t need cheap tricks like this. Why would each player dilute their announcement for their team of choice if both were selecting the same school? It goes against all psychology that I learned via negotiating big dollar contracts. I will be back to eat crow if I am wrong.

I think this is a very critical recruit for Sark. Not specifically for the talent of Collins, but but determining if Sark can consistently reel in top 10 talent. If Texas is going to play in the SEC and for NC's getting 5* difference makers is the only way.

Even Mack struggled getting top 10 talent, but he did get VY. Getting one 5* generational talent is not how it's usually done. Having a McElroy, McCarron or Bennet along with 10-15 5*'s has been the most successful formula the last 15 years. I think the recruitment of Simmons could be what determines if Texas is GA/AL going forward or is Texas is TN/Auburn/FL/aggie.
Based on the sample size so far, I think it’s tough to doubt Sark’s ability to reel in a top class. And what people may be forgetting is that we will go into the season with probably (maybe undoubtably) the best triplet of quarterbacks in the country, and the best group we have ever seen in Texas.

If QB is the most important position, Sark’s prowess with respect to landing top players at that position seems unrivaled.

Based on the sample size so far, I think it’s tough to doubt Sark’s ability to reel in a top class. And what people may be forgetting is that we will go into the season with probably (maybe undoubtably) the best triplet of quarterbacks in the country, and the best group we have ever seen in Texas.

If QB is the most important position, Sark’s prowess with respect to landing top players at that position seems unrivaled.
You may recall that when Sark was hired, it was thought by some that Coach K would reel in the defensive 5 stars before Sark would do so on the offensive side. It turns out that Sark has been reeling in star after star on offense, including offensive line studs, which I thought would be the last to turn.

Last edited:
Sam Spiegelman just changed his RPM pick from LSU to Texas on On3.
Noteworthy with Spiegelman's Louisiana ties.
Sounds promising.

Last edited:

We are probably the deepest in the nation at QB yes. Haven't been able to say that in a long time. And the OL should be pretty salty. Im uphauled.

We are probably the deepest in the nation at QB yes. Haven't been able to say that in a long time. And the OL should be pretty salty. Im uphauled.
well, I feel a need to temper your excitement.
1) the starting QB looked good at times and bad at times last season. Hence, 8-5.
2) the back up has no game experience.
3) the backup to the backup has no game experience.
so unless QE has a good season, the QB position looks suspect.
potential, yes

so unless QE has a good season, the QB position looks suspect.
Perhaps. Keep in mind though that Clemson won a NC with a true freshman QB (if I am mistaken), Trevor Lawrence. Yes, that team was loaded, but our roster isn’t exactly chopped liver.

Murphy has been groomed in the program for a year, and Manning may be the most prepared freshman in forever. So IMO #2 or #3 could likely step in if needed and be reasonably proficient, particularly given the caliber of blockers in front of them, and the embarrassment of riches in the wide receiver room and at TE.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back