2024 Recruiting - Football

img_3609-jpg.379846

Wardell Mack, John Ehret, Cornerback

Last edited:
LSU mods not as optomistic as they have been.

img_3167-jpeg.379822
Going to feel like a gut punch to whichever school he doesn’t commit to. Still won’t be over regardless. Signing day is a ways away but I’d rather have the commitment this week than be trying to convince him to change his mind later.

Confidence level of only 4 so nothing to get crazy about yet. However LSU mods have all dropped their confidence level to 50%. The lowest it's ever been.
The coaching staff has come a long way to get us here.

Also...
Scruggs at 247 just posted that he "loves" where his Texas crystal ball is at for DE Colin Simmons.

He mentioned he's had a quiet confidence the past few days, but after speaking with several Dallas sources today he's more confident that Texas will win out.

Each source talked about factors in Texas' favor currently, including proximity to home, life after football, early playing time and his relationships with the Texas coaches/players.

Next couple of days are going to be a roller coaster ride.

Last edited:
I can hear the proposals of both war rooms:
"let's offer him the keys of Louisiana"
" let's give him one thousand acres of Texas hill country"
"let's buy his mom a mansion on the lake"

or maybe some proposals might be more of a sinister nature:
"let's threaten to kidnap his mom and put her in sex trafficking"

In risking my ban from the forum, i hope he signs with Texas.
I am really tired of hearing from the media that this kid will be the savior of any program. Fans on both sides are making this more about pride than the potential talent a 17 year old has.
Ill not disrespect kids by listing all the superstar blue chip athletes across the country who were busts due to injury, dumbA decisions( always drugs, guns or girls and i say that from a been there 17 year old) or mental health issues and being unable to deal with having their butt kicked in a practice for the first time.
Il be very happy if he lands here.
Ill be fine if he doesn’t and so will UT. Im personally weary of the celebrity status we give to an upcoming HS senior. I think it sets up an obstacle for these kids to overcome
When i was a kid, id eagerly read Dave Campbells just to see who is coming, now its a circus with a press conference and an absurd hat trick.
I love recruiting. Now its become a joke with free agency and the portal.
The smart move is to sign, get your payout from the highest bidder and transfer to where you want to go.

10 years ago I would've been looking forward to tomorrow like Christmas Eve. But now, I'll be happy if he signs here and slightly unhappy if he doesn't. I won't lose any sleep or run around the front yard naked either way. Unless he's the second coming of Lawrence Taylor it won't make a difference either way.

yeah, I'll be happy if he signs and slightly disappointed if he doesn't. But I will really be happy when he is starter and making plays on the field. True there are land mines to get around before becoming a starter and a contributor. Hoping he picks the good guys.

I think this is a very critical recruit for Sark. Not specifically for the talent of Collins, but but determining if Sark can consistently reel in top 10 talent. If Texas is going to play in the SEC and for NC's getting 5* difference makers is the only way.

Even Mack struggled getting top 10 talent, but he did get VY. Getting one 5* generational talent is not how it's usually done. Having a McElroy, McCarron or Bennet along with 10-15 5*'s has been the most successful formula the last 15 years. I think the recruitment of Simmons could be what determines if Texas is GA/AL going forward or is Texas is TN/Auburn/FL/aggie.

In risking my ban from the forum, i hope he signs with Texas.
I am really tired of hearing from the media that this kid will be the savior of any program. Fans on both sides are making this more about pride than the potential talent a 17 year old has.
Ill not disrespect kids by listing all the superstar blue chip athletes across the country who were busts due to injury, dumbA decisions( always drugs, guns or girls and i say that from a been there 17 year old) or mental health issues and being unable to deal with having their butt kicked in a practice for the first time.
Il be very happy if he lands here.
Ill be fine if he doesn’t and so will UT. Im personally weary of the celebrity status we give to an upcoming HS senior. I think it sets up an obstacle for these kids to overcome
When i was a kid, id eagerly read Dave Campbells just to see who is coming, now its a circus with a press conference and an absurd hat trick.
I love recruiting. Now its become a joke with free agency and the portal.
The smart move is to sign, get your payout from the highest bidder and transfer to where you want to go.
Saved me from typing all that!

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back