2024 Recruiting - Football

George Blanda
starwars-obi-wan.gif

Hasn't been an issue for Saban.
Its a good problem to have. Yes these kids want to play and if they are good enough and dont get lucky at Texas then the portal is a cash cow waiting. Guarantee Malik had some opps this spring based on how he performed in the spring game and he chose to stay. Good for him.

well, we are deep at cb.
Plus, I think we get Black.
Sometimes it's a numbers thing. NIL also.

NIL can create some real head-scratchers, but occasionally, a given school decides to go all in on a given player and it is what it is; he got paid and possibly, it's more than we wanted to pay because we have our eye on other players.

Ketch added he's hearing "very good things" on Wingo.

Wiltfong at 247 believes Mizzou has a lot of momentum, Wingo is nearing a decision and he's considering switching his Texas pick.

Ketch added he's hearing "very good things" on Wingo.

Wiltfong at 247 believes Mizzou has a lot of momentum, Wingo is nearing a decision and he's considering switching his Texas pick.

Who has more credibility, Ketch or Wiltfong?

Hamilton at IT said this evening he's not conceding WR Ryan Wingo to Missouri because it's a "real battle."

He mentioned Sark has a good beat on what it's important in this recruitment, plus Manning and Coach Jackson are playing key roles.

The staff has confidence and Austin is another positive factor.

This is an interesting one because IT said Texas wouldn't be pursuing, but DE Jordan Ross of Vestavia Hills, AL says he'll be back on campus in the fall.

“I’ve heard a lot,” Ross told Horns247 of the latest with the Longhorns. “When I went down for my OV I absolutely loved Texas. I had a great time down there.”

“I’d say like talking to one of the football players from Texas, who was originally from Birmingham, Alabama — Justice Finkley,” Ross said of OV highlights. “He tells me how it’s a great program, how they can develop me, and how Austin is just a great city in general.”

“I haven’t really looked at anyone’s games,” he said. “I plan to go down there and watch a game. That’s kind of on my agenda. I haven’t figured out which one I want to go to.”

“They’re like we have a great program,” Ross said of the staff’s pitch. “Like Justice said. We can develop you and we would love for you to be here. There’s a lot of opportunities here for you to be great.”

“I’m still thinking about it,” he said. “But I’m pretty sure what I want. I haven’t set a day or anything, but I’m pretty sure I’ve got it down. It’s still a little secret.”

“I can’t really say too much but I can say Texas is really in there,” he said. “Texas is like top three right now.”

“I’d say seeing how Justice played out and seeing how he got on the field so early,” Ross said. “I saw some of his highlights. I’m not really seeing that position there as full. I think they have a low depth chart. There aren’t too many players at that position.”

Recent Threads

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Back